Logan Lucky trailer dropped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this tonight, and I agree with ink that pacing was definitely the main issue. There are a lot of slow points and scenes that could've been trimmed. It could've been a lot shorter.

Not that it's bad or anything. It was a good movie, I just felt a bit tired of it halfway through because of how sluggish it was when there wasn't a lot going on story-wise.

Driver and Craig were the best parts. I liked the scene where Craig makes the explosive and has to explain to Tatum and Driver how it'll work.

I've seen lots of people complain about driver being in this but I actually really enjoyed him. He played the straight man to perfection.

I don't think there were any opening credits IIRC.

Seth McFarlane was the guy with the scraggly hair & beard who got Sebastian Stan to drink before the race. He was probably the weakest performance.

Is this movie theater experience worthy... or just pay-per-view worthy?

It isn't a bad movie. It's good, but you'll probably be bored a lot. If you want to see it in theaters I'd recommend matinee prices or a second run theater.

At the theater I saw this at, I was the only person there up until the start of the movie

Good, I want to go Sunday...but yeah, don't understand re Soderbergh and whatever it was he did that's different from usual movie distributions except it's smaller and avoids a lot of the usual studio BS. Guess the down side is less PR, less sales...

Re slow spots, well, I figure, like the Oceans movies it wasn't going to be a fast-moving laugh riot. Not defending it really 'coz I haven't seen it. I might love it - or not.

NYT likes it:
Of the three movies released this summer that self-consciously reactivate an old-school outlaw mythology — the others are Edgar Wright’s “Baby Driver” and Josh and Benny Safdie’s “Good Time” — this one has the most to say and the least to prove. Whereas the other directors aggressively promote their own coolness, flaunting borrowed attitudes and showy retrofitted styles, Mr. Soderbergh revels in squareness, and in a loose self-confidence that disguises its mastery. “Logan Lucky” is a terrific movie. That’s a matter of skill, and maybe also of luck. But mostly it’s a matter of generosity.

Whatever that means. But from the sound of it the film doesn't suck and/or is pretty good. I hate sitting in a theater and an hour in feeling that sinking despair of knowing 1)wasted money and 2)could have stayed home and re-watched Indiana Jones #1 or something.

Is this movie theater experience worthy... or just pay-per-view worthy?

Well, OK, I finally saw it - overall, for me, now, it would be on the rent/see a matinee list.

IMO it's very good, multi-layered, fine performances except for Seth (OK) - but, well, OK, I see why the critics love it - but - guess being Soderbergh, never thought his movies as laugh out loud funny, but re the trailers I dunno - I was expecting something more lively.

And IMO thought some things needed to be added to or fleshed out more - anyway, IMO a good film but left me kind of frustrated and like the end twists are all jammed up at the last - like I need to see it again at some point. At SOME point. There's stuff I don't get.

Overall - if I had seen it, I wouldn't have seen it in a theater, but definitely at home - it's good, but, I expected something else. Fairly full audience who had a few small laughs but no-one really laughed.

Back