Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh heck - I may have bad news for you I'm afraid.

That sounds like uncured resin leaching from the cast. This can suddenly show itself on a previously sound looking cast based on temperature & atmospheric conditions OR because the uncured portion has simply taken a while to travel through to the surface.

Next to impossible to stop unless you drill out where it's coming from - which would then require filling, resculpting & a repaint.

I think you should take some pictures (or video) and contact Sideshow to see if they will provide a replacement head. I know you are past the "warranty" period, but they should be reasonable about this if it was a defect that couldn't POSSIBLY be identified until now.

Please let us know how things progress - and good luck!

Oh, that's just great... Do you think it might go as bad as collapsing or forming a hole in the headsculpt?

For now, I put the cigar head on and stored the grinning one in a cooler place. Doesn't seem to sweat anymore. I'll keep an eye on it and take pictures if it starts leaking again. Maybe ask Sideshow, even though they might not care. If so, I guess I'll have a head for summer display and the other one for the rest of the year. :lol

Thanks for your answer, anyway!

If anyone's looking, someone just posted the EX to the Statue Collectors BST Facebook group for a cool $550 and shipping. I can't justify it right now even at that price, but I hope this helps someone out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a great looking piece. I'm not a big enough fan of the character to get it but all of the pictures are top notch.

Me neither. Not fond enough of the character ...and too much mixed media for my taste. Still ...nice to see pics of it.

Mixed media makes this piece. I couldn't imagine this PF without it.

That's why it was a good thing Lobo was not a must-have for me. I was not compelled to buy him at all. Otherwise I would've been torn.

Me neither. Not fond enough of the character ...and too much mixed media for my taste. Still ...nice to see pics of it.

Too much mixed media? I think it's got the perfect combination to sculpt, and doesnt cover 95% of the statue that other mixed media pieces do, which I do hate with certain premium formats. Only parts that are fabric are his jacket and pants with a couple leather straps going across his shoes. The entire piece is impress, thats why most of the community hold the peice in high regards.

Too much mixed media? I think it's got the perfect combination to sculpt, and doesnt cover 95% of the statue that other mixed media pieces do, which I do hate with certain premium formats. Only parts that are fabric are his jacket and pants with a couple leather straps going across his shoes. The entire piece is impress, thats why most of the community hold the peice in high regards.

Best thing Sideshow have delivered in the last 10 years
thumb2.gif

You have your preferences ...I have mine. You don't have to prove your preference to me. It won't change my mind anyway.

ALso not a fan of mix media. But this one is done just nice.

what I think for myself, an imposing statue by its evil side, demonic, after all it is about Lobo the mercenary, bounty hunter. The anti-hero biker since the early 90's:

The sculptor was able to capture the very essence of the character, giving what is missing a lot of parts at the moment, a "soul" to his performance, paintjob coast, it's nickel, no flaws to report , the two alternative heads are as successful as each other making the choice of exposure difficult, and mix fabric / sculpture remains perfectly proportioned on this piece

To conclude a piece to possess regarding my little opinion, supervilain side of the universe DC.

Back