Light Up Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really liked the two thundercat statues and the X-men ones.

Why are they so expensive :(

Did not know the Kotobuyki Dark Knight one lights up though? Does anyone have any pics of it with the lights on?

The light look really bright when you look at them but in the dark they don't really do a good job at lighting up the entire statue, still not bad overall.

20130626215007-6898ccdd.jpg

20130626215008-8ff2648d.jpg

I love a light up feature on a statue, if done right it can really add to the overall effect.

One of the best i own is the Kotobukiya Commander Cody ArtFX statue, not only is it a great statue overall but the light up order 66 is killer!

20130709041114-27cb3c6b.jpg

I personally would like to see more light ups!

WOW I did see this on another thread but had no idea it light up and its not a bad price either.

Might pick one of these up as they arent that expensive

Hate light up features on statues.

Just more stuff that can go wrong ....companies have enough QC issues as it is.

Just get the sculpt, paint and clothes right and I'll pay you the money! :D

Last edited:
Hat light up features on statues.

AMEN! especially if you care about your statues and you remove the batteries just two days after you got it to prevent leakage.
But still.. if it's done right.. it looks awesome

Hate light up features on statues.

You sound like my grandpa talking about cars years ago. "Those darn electric windows and locks, who need em, just more to go wrong.":rotfl

Only issue is they don't make them serviceable or sell parts for when they do fail which leads to people not wanting them at all. I can't imagine they will charge any less without it, they just pocket the difference.

my gripe is that every light up statue should have an optional wall plug, otherwise you're pretty much not gonna use them.

Something like the Kotobukiya light sensor thing would be great too, so it automatically turns on when there's light in the room.

-

Lich King
T 800
MGS Rex
and the 2 predator masks

Are my light ups.

Do not quote me on this, I think the light up might be the ex? (nevermind)

I dunno man, I check out my lightups a few times, then never really hassle with turning them on and off. Plus I do not like the idea of forgetting to leave batteries in too long, etc... Heck, I seen enough pics online and didnt not want to deal with putting and taking batteries out, that I do not even keep them in the MSG Rex. Tested him as I unboxed him, but never "displayed" with batteries kept in.

Maybe if I was baller and had tons of people over all the time and had a crazy setup to where I could flip a switch and turn them all on.

Writing this reminds me to go finish removing the rest of the batteries.
:pow

Last edited:
What do you guys use as batteries for your light up?

I'm about to put all my collection up (finally!) and I want to put batteries in my statues.
I assume the one given by SSC are crap but do you use Energizer type or do you use Eneloop type rechargeable batteries? I'd think rechargeables could be nice but prohibitive cost wise at first and wouldn't they drain quicker than regular ones?

energizer... never had a problem with the ones they come with but you never know when it's going to happen I guess.

Do not know if this will help people out that are on the hunt for batteries.

I was in my local CVS the other day and seen the "Battery Center". In it they had VERY small batteries and all sorts in between.

I love statues with a lightup feature
Especially when you can plug them into the wall :)

jaei.jpg

Sold my Thalon, though
c9w8.jpg

imwk.jpg

ovip.jpg

One of my favorites
m9dd.jpg

u31v.jpg

Wall-E has a crapload of batteries to function properly
7d0e.jpg

ufl1.jpg

Nice Socko, a fellow countryman who owns the IM Maq. Didn't even know it came with an adapter.

I love statues with a lightup feature
Especially when you can plug them into the wall :)

jaei.jpg

Sold my Thalon, though
c9w8.jpg

imwk.jpg

ovip.jpg

One of my favorites
m9dd.jpg

u31v.jpg

Wall-E has a crapload of batteries to function properly
7d0e.jpg

ufl1.jpg

i have the 1/4 T-800 Endo, what battery does it take?

Back