Lifesize Darth Malgus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 people will buy this:

Steve Sansweet
George Lucas

Ah, f that even GL wouldn't want this.

Maybe this is some kind of contractual item ? :dunno I'm not sure which customers they are targeting but I know it's not me.

Thats what I am thinking. This is just way too out in left field for Sideshow to think of him on their own.

They already made one for EA right? So they announce you can buy one. Cool they will likely be made on a per order basis so its costing then nothing to offer something they already made.

My guess is this was funded by EA for marketing purposes, I really doubt that SS is that in the dark about how popular this figure will be.

I agree with the whole EA side of things... this is not the format to introduce a character to your loyal fans. ;)

I love Darth malgus but for a life-size format, I doubt I could afford it.:gah: Hope they'll also make a 1/6th format of this bad boy. :pray:

Is the game this guy is from even any good?

I don't think its even out yet :lol

Very strange decision; I can only assume this was pushed by LFL. I can't imagine the Sideshow peeps were wanting to make this (or thought it would sell better) over other established characters :huh

Is the game this guy is from even any good?

We won't know until December 20th, when it's actually released. :lol

Probably will be good, though. BioWare's previous foray into SW (KOTOR) bested the PT in every conceivable way.

That still doesn't justify the existence of this particular product, though. :cuckoo:

Very strange decision; I can only assume this was pushed by LFL. I can't imagine the Sideshow peeps were wanting to make this (or thought it would sell better) over other established characters :huh
That would be my guess as well. LFL has Incestuous Marketing down to a macro-science.

Darth Malgus is one of, if not the key character, in the SW book "Deceived". It's based on the upcoming game. Therefore, the character has had some degree of exposure.

They already made one for EA right? So they announce you can buy one. Cool they will likely be made on a per order basis so its costing then nothing to offer something they already made.

Yes, EA commissioned Sideshow to make them a life-size Darth Malgus.

I think that it's fairly obvious why they've chosen to produce this a life-size figure: someone else has already paid for all of their design work and given them the rights to produce the statue... so why not try and milk it for even more than whatever EA paid them, by offering it to the masses? All of their overhead costs have been covered really, so even if only 20 of these sell, they'll still be ahead.

Yes, EA commissioned Sideshow to make them a life-size Darth Malgus.

I think that it's fairly obvious why they've chosen to produce this a life-size figure: someone else has already paid for all of their design work and given them the rights to produce the statue... so why not try and milk it for even more than whatever EA paid them, by offering it to the masses? All of their overhead costs have been covered really, so even if only 20 of these sell, they'll still be ahead.

That was pretty much what I was thinking.

Back