Life size Smaug head displaying for the Five Armies...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In consolation, Weta has that excellent new light-up Balrog now... and it looks to be about accurate 1/6th scale after all.

Clearly a 1/6th Smaug head is way too big... can't really just do his eye, people will just confuse it with Sauron.

Saw the new Balrog bust but I'd need Smaug's treasure at that price tag. :horror

ASMUS doing a bit of Erebor without an eye would be cool...

arkenstone_carving.jpg

hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-thorin-bilbo-movie-poster-GBfp3089.jpg

bookends.jpg

I have the dwarf bookends tho IMO the quality wasn't as good as it could've been in hand. Too small to display Thorin and Bilbo with. Tho not everyone likes dio backgrounds anyway. But since Thranduil had a bit of a fallen column IMO it'd be nice to have a bit of Erebor.

But not complaining at all re what ASMUS is putting out:banana. If costs keep going up and something has to be cut, IMO a diorama background with a fig would be one of the first things to go. I repurpose stuff anyway - stands from other figs, backgrounds. Monkey Depot has some good parted out bases and backgrounds, sometimes.

I think they mentioned in another thread that they don't have a diorama license. But if they ever managed to get it, I'd love to see them do some thrones. Theoden's, Thorin's, Aragorn/Denathor, Thranduil ...

And of course all the figures we'd need to sit in them!

Back