Life Size Chucky

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea 600 for that is robbery. It looks ok but not for 600 and it?s from seed. Sigh. Still waiting on neca I guess

I believe with discounts i paid around $420usd for this for the retail version. I am ok with that price for this piece.

I like it a lot and more than I thought I would. I have the TOTS Good Guy and a custom evil Chucky from ChuckyBelgium. I think for the price and what you get it’s completely justifiable. Custom Chucky dolls are over $1,000.00 (and that’s for clean versions). This is the scarred version with stained & tattered clothing, real eyebrows and intricate hair patterns with some portions being held to the scalp with staples. I was holding off because I didn’t think they’d have an easy time pulling it off but I’m pulling the trigger. $600.00 is actually a deal as for an extra $100.00 you’re getting a lot more compared to the Good Guy. Oh and the hair looks far superior to the Sideshow version, which to me always looked way too long and FLAT. I would say for the price, they NAILED (or stapled) IT!

wow that looks horrible.
the mouth looks bad
the scars look flat
the eyebrows look off

I will never buy another TOTS doll ever after my last experience.
Maybe part of me is glad NECA is taking extra time to ensure its good.

I think the TOTS is decent. Like we said it could be argued that $600 is a bit to much maybe $500 is a better price range but i still like it and worth owning. Neca will probably be better though they will see the criticism this one get and try and one up them.

I hope one of these companies makes a 1:1 alf.

118654111_3122560121303555_1925362105143441848_n.jpg

118479449_3122560134636887_8342398928954181536_n.jpg

photo

118471414_1363122817224357_4481686197480337381_n.jpg

118105636_3120310831528484_3889818777869064966_n.jpg

I like it gang. Sorry it’s way better than the Sideshow version IMO. The freakin‘ hair on Sideshow’s is so wrong and looks like Chucky’s carrying a hair straightener instead of a blade. Sideshow’s face is NOT accurate and the eyes have no depth unlike TOTS. I think people are just griping about TOTS out of habit or because complaining is what negative unhappy people have in common. Let’s face it, some members on here argue and gripe for no other reason but to argue and gripe. I love this and I also love the Mezco Chucky coming out next year! OMG!

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/mds-mega-scale-childs-play-2-talking-menacing-chucky

I like it gang. Sorry it?s way better than the Sideshow version IMO. The freakin? hair on Sideshow?s is so wrong and looks like Chucky?s carrying a hair straightener instead of a blade. Sideshow?s face is NOT accurate and the eyes have no depth unlike TOTS. I think people are just griping about TOTS out of habit or because complaining is what negative unhappy people have in common. Let?s face it, some members on here argue and gripe for no other reason but to argue and gripe. I love this and I also love the Mezco Chucky coming out next year! OMG!

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/mds-mega-scale-childs-play-2-talking-menacing-chucky

I own both and in my opinion the Sideshow version is much better. I think folks on here are just giving their opinion. No matter which you prefer the build quality is so much better on the Sideshow. Both were originally created by Tony Gardner but TOTS likes to cheap out on materials when mass produced.

I do agree with you on the hair but that's an easy fix. The hair on my TOTS version looked horrible straight out of the box until I fixed it up.

Didn't the sideshow cost more than the tots? So materials should be higher quality. I think the tots looks better though. His teeth are bit cheap looking but the rest of the face looks good.

I own both and in my opinion the Sideshow version is much better. I think folks on here are just giving their opinion. No matter which you prefer the build quality is so much better on the Sideshow. Both were originally created by Tony Gardner but TOTS likes to cheap out on materials when mass produced.

I do agree with you on the hair but that's an easy fix. The hair on my TOTS version looked horrible straight out of the box until I fixed it up.

Totally fair man. Opinions and constant negativity are not the same. It’s clear that some members on these forums didn’t have friends growing up IMO. Anyway can’t comment on how they look in-hand but if that’s the case then the TOTS version is far more photogenic. Oh and I think the smile on the TOTS version is better too. That’s Chucky’s smile but don’t get me wrong, I love Sideshow and buy many of their Star Wars collectibles. In hindsight I think they equally missed the mark on some of Chucky’s features. The eyes on the TOTS version look killer in this YouTube video.

I don't own either but saw both, and the side show one looks much better, idk the color in tots doll looks weird like new. Where as the side show one looks good. We all have our preferences however, the side show one is quite valuable too. Side show one for me. But I don't want either. I do have the tots chucky part two kickstarter and am happy with it. I never was a huge chucky fan, but I will wait and see what neca does with it.

Didn't the sideshow cost more than the tots? So materials should be higher quality. I think the tots looks better though. His teeth are bit cheap looking but the rest of the face looks good.

I paid $800 for the Sideshow but that was about 11 years ago. I would think it would be around $1500 in today's market. The mouth is my least favorite part. That and the horrible skin tone.

I just wish a company would do a Bride version with a full vinyl doll body like Sideshow. I was really hoping NECA would come through but they're using the same cheap foam crap.

Totally fair man. Opinions and constant negativity are not the same. It?s clear that some members on these forums didn?t have friends growing up IMO. Anyway can?t comment on how they look in-hand but if that?s the case then the TOTS version is far more photogenic. Oh and I think the smile on the TOTS version is better too. That?s Chucky?s smile but don?t get me wrong, I love Sideshow and buy many of their Star Wars collectibles. In hindsight I think they equally missed the mark on some of Chucky?s features. The eyes on the TOTS version look killer in this YouTube video.

I understand the negativity part but TOTS have burned us in the past so they kinda left a bad taste in people's mouths.

See that's what I hate the most on the TOTS version, the mouth. In person it looks really cheap and weird. Maybe too small? I actually like the eyes on both versions of them but I do like the color around the eye better on the TOTS. They really screwed up on not having a formed hand to hold a knife, though. I'm currently using double-sided tape to hold one but it looks really weird with his hand open.

Back