Letterman Retiring?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
People who went to the taping today are saying Dave is going to announce his retirement tonight. I always thought he should have had the Tonight Show, followed by Conan. Fallon on there is an absolute joke. I'll miss his Bill Murray interviews. This was just from last night, prompting some to think Murray may have been sick, but now it seems it was because Dave is going to retire.

Alan Kalter's celebrity interviews were also amazing, watching him berate massive stars like Clint Eastwood was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alan+calter+celebrity+intervi ew

Good riddance. He's been horrible for years. Jay was still great. Fallon sucks. I've converted to Kimmel lately because of the shake ups.

Jay was still great.

:rotfl Jay Leno has never been funny. Ever.

Kimmel is definitely the best thing going but Dave in his prime was light years funnier than Leno. I still remember staying up to watch them go head to head as a kid.

He's being replaced by Craig Ferguson btw, it's in Craig's contract. So basically they are just movie Fallon and Ferguson ahead 1 hour and still putting them head to head. It's going to be terrible.

So people do still watch late night talk shows. Interesting.

Kimmel and Conan have put out some hilarious content. Kimmel especially gets celebs to do things you wouldn't expect.

The fedex guy is Bradd Pitt if you can't make it out. :lol

Haven't watched any late night talk shows in 20 years though I like Leno because he is a car guy.

Long overdue. Letterman was funny about 20-years-ago. Now, he's just bitter and irritating.

I liked Leno. I've switched to Conan.

SnakeDoc

:rotfl Jay Leno has never been funny. Ever.

Kimmel is definitely the best thing going but Dave in his prime was light years funnier than Leno. I still remember staying up to watch them go head to head as a kid.

He's being replaced by Craig Ferguson btw, it's in Craig's contract. So basically they are just movie Fallon and Ferguson ahead 1 hour and still putting them head to head. It's going to be terrible.

Even if it is in Craig's contract, it could be a Conan v2 type of situation. He has the show for 6 months and then gets replaced. :dunno

That'd be for the best. I haven't watched Seth Meyers yet, I don't imagine it's very good. Pete Holmes can be funny once in a while but he doesn't get good guests.

I rarely watch any late night talk shows unless there's someone on that I really want to see, which is rare. I usually miss it anyway. :lol

I do like some of Kimmel's and Fallon's skits and vids though. I usually just watch those on youtube.

I only really go out of my way to watch Murray on Letterman or Ford on Conan. For some reason they'll open up to them and are usually very funny.

I always liked Leno, he was the ratings champion for a long time so you can't deny him that, but he played it safe on his show never took any real risks with comedy, probably why people liked him because they knew what to expect each night..... Kimmel is probably the funniest out of all the guys on late night, he's always willing to take risks and be edgy, Conan is hit and miss and his hyper personality can grate on your nerves after awhile. Lettermen always came off to me as a cranky old man who didn't really want to be there, that's how it felt anyways.

Leno and Terry Bradshaw, they always made me laugh when they would rip on each other :)

I guess I'm the only one who liked Jimmy Fallon's show. I haven't watched it in a few years but I remember it being funny, especially the stuff with Justin Timberlake.

I used to watch Conan pretty religiously, years back. But I always liked Letterman, despite the fact that his main schtick is that he's kind of an ******* to everybody. Leno. . .man, he was freakin' terrible. Fallon seems a'aight from what little I've seen, but he doesn't seem nearly as genuinely funny and witty as Conan or Letterman are. Larry Sanders is still the best.

CBS wants Stephen Colbert to come in and replace Dave. He would leave behind Comedy Central as well as the persona he created for that show and just be himself if he takes it. Not sure how to feel about that last part.

I used to watch Conan pretty religiously, years back. But I always liked Letterman, despite the fact that his main schtick is that he's kind of an ******* to everybody. Leno. . .man, he was freakin' terrible. Fallon seems a'aight from what little I've seen, but he doesn't seem nearly as genuinely funny and witty as Conan or Letterman are. Larry Sanders is still the best.

Hey now!

CBS wants Stephen Colbert to come in and replace Dave. He would leave behind Comedy Central as well as the persona he created for that show and just be himself if he takes it. Not sure how to feel about that last part.

I don't think he is all that far from that persona. I think its more or less him just amped up a bit. :lol

Letterman is a legend but he should've retired a long, long time ago. You could tell the past ten years or so he just "didn't" care. His bits got lame and unfunny.

I would love Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman, he is hysterical. The only concern I have is that in reflection to the other TV networks, CBS likes to display themselves as more "professional" and "mature". I'm worried that any GREAT comedian that comes in to take over will not be allowed to be themselves because of the way the CBS network likes to project themselves.

Back