Leia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great conceptual design IMO, but the head sculpt is TERRIBLE!! Improve the head (recast and resculpt either Sideshow figure's portrait), and it's a winner.

just went to that website, and i know some that work, that's C-phan's work from this board....
I'm tempted to bid on that leia, but I'm sure the price will keep going up...

I've got to agree, the headsculpt could use some work. The concept is nice and I've added her to my watch list.

The last pic, looking up at the figure is the only one that looks a bit like Leia.

John

Is whoever made that custom at all familiar with the character of Leia? Can anyone imagine Leia wearing anything like that willingly?

Way too funny. :lol

An interesting custom but a good example of why the EU stuff should really be put at the back of the line for characters that we'd like to see SS bring out for pre-order.

An interesting custom but a good example of why the EU stuff should really be put at the back of the line for characters that we'd like to see SS bring out for pre-order.

This isn't really EU, I think it's actually fan fiction. Snow Bunny Padme better proves your point, though I think she's offset by Asajj Ventress.

This isn't really EU, I think it's actually fan fiction. Snow Bunny Padme better proves your point, though I think she's offset by Asajj Ventress.

I think the statement

You are bidding on a 1/6 custom Carrie Fisher as Princess Leïa Solo in "Star Wars" extended universe.

puts it squarely in the EU category. I agree that Snow Bunny Padme wasn't a homerun (although I do have her ordered and am looking forward to seeing the finished product) and that Asajj Ventress was a tremendous figure-- but seeing as how both of these came from the Clone Wars cartoon (and I don't want to start this conversation again) I don't really consider them pure EU. I like the cartoon to tie up the loose ends from Ep II to III (and let's be honest, much of the action is what many wish had been used for some of the PT). I'm talking about characters from the books/comics/video games and especially any character that was introduced post ROTJ or evolution of a standard SW character as Leia Solo would suggest.

It's a creative custom--- but I'd prefer to see customs and SS pre-orders for characters that we saw on the screen.

I thought EU usually stood for "Expanded Universe" :lol I wouldn't go by the terms the seller used to describe their item. I don't think this costume design is from a comic book or novel I think it was made up by the customizer. LMK if I'm wrong.

That said, I agree that film characters should take priority in the SSC SW figure line as I have no interest in EU characters but customizers can do whatever they want.

I consider EU (expanded universe) if character was introduced or mentioned in another offical Lucas medium like either Books, Videogames, TV shows, etc. but not in the actual Movies (Canon).

Stuff other ppl make up is fan fiction. I dont think I ve ever read,saw or heard of Leia described as above. Not even in those "What if" comics dark horse brings out. And I ve read,played,saw and listen to a lot of Star wars media.

I consider EU (expanded universe) if character was introduced or mentioned in another offical Lucas medium like either Books, Videogames, TV shows, etc. but not in the actual Movies (Canon).

Stuff other ppl make up is fan fiction. I dont think I ve ever read,saw or heard of Leia described as above. Not even in those "What if" comics dark horse brings out. And I ve read,played,saw and listen to a lot of Star wars media.

and the correct answer goes to....

:fireworks :dance :dance Roc74!!! :dance :dance :fireworks

File this piece under S for sucks. :monkey3:monkey1

As far as EU stuff really goes, it really depends on the character. Case in point, tell me these are not awesome.

TZ-THRAWN1.jpg

quinlan_vos.jpg

RevanRobes.jpg

300px-Darth_Nihilus.jpg

And my personal favorite
A'sharad Hett, Tusken jedi, and eventual lord of the sith.
A%27Sharad_Aargonar.JPG

Asharad.jpg

Kray.jpg

Never seen the appeal of Thrawn myself. He's just a blue guy in an Imperial Officer uniform..... :confused: Maybe I'd understand if I actually read the EU material.

Timothy Zhann is a fantastic writer, I can't recomend the Thrawn Trilogy enough. Hier to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and Last Command, Read them you'll not regret it, some of the BEST SW Fiction out there...

Can't understand the appeal of thrawn? Ods are, without him, We would not have ANY SSC Star wars figures, or new hasbro figures. The Timothy Zhan novels were One of the things that Helped to re-invigorate the Star Wars Phenominon, amoong other things.

Thrawn is a non-human, and He holds a grand Admar's rank in the Imperial Navy. The rank of a grand Admaral is the highest an officer of the Imperial navy can attain. The Emperor himself Hated Non-humans. This alone speaks for What he was capable of.

Tharawn Was, simply put, the last great hope for the empire after Return of the jedi. A brilliant Stratgist, and a masterful tactician. He had a phenominal understanding of Psychology, and art. He was able to learn everything he needed to know about a culture by simply studying their artwork. from this,m he could devise a stratgey that would exploit psychological weakneeses inherent to the species, and bring an entier world to it's knees in hours, where other officers would take days, or even weeks of bombardment.

I'm not 100% clear on his backstory, but If I remeber correctly, He's an exile from his own species, the Chiss. He's got the personality of a Vulcan Serving the nazi's, And I think that had something to dso with his exile. Anywho, He's encountered by an imperial patroll out on some backwater, and the imperials decide to use him for sport. Using ewok-like traps and tricks, he holds off two squads of troopers for a week or so, killing them as he can. Eventualy Vader is called in to " deal with" the nuscance. The Emperor Requests that he be brought in alive, and thrawn is essentialy Pressganged into service. Like i said i'm not 100% on the accuracy of that, but That's what i understand of his history.
in the end, He is killed by his own bodyguard, a Victim of his own major character flaw, his overwhelming arragance.

Oh, did I forget to mention that he's also the creator of the Boba Fett Look-a-like Jodo Kast? A persona He used in his early days in the impire for infiltration, and deep cover work on Corelia, untill his cover is blown, and he abandons the persona, and the armor.

Spoiler alert :rotfl "And my personal favorite
A'sharad Hett, Tusken jedi, and eventual lord of the sith."

I only read the comics sparingly when I get the chance (usually in bulk-graphic novel style over the summer) and with a little one the chances become less and less... When did this happen and in what series? Last time I saw A'sharad Hett he was (maybe) one of the few remaining Jedi after the purge.

Since when did Zahn create Jodo Kast? I thought that was the name west end games gave to their Boba fett look alike from Tatooine manhunt(I'll admit I don't have the adventure manual handy ATM)?

TZ-THRAWN1.jpg
??? Easy Pass
quinlan_vos.jpg
I'd buy him.
RevanRobes.jpg
I'd buy him.

300px-Darth_Nihilus.jpg
I'd buy him.
A%27Sharad_Aargonar.JPG
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl That is just EU lameness.
Kray.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Were they trying to rip off The F'n Kurgan?

Back