Legolas not Popular??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does it surprise anyone else that the regular Legolas hasn't even made into the "Top Ten" on SS homepage....I know LOtR isnt as "fan frenzy" as SW, but I thought he would at least make an apperance in the top ten...

With all talk of Legolas being the best 1/6 sculpt I'am a little surprised he's not selling a little better...

I was also wondering about that. But maybe it is a sign that most people only want the exclusive version?

It probably reflects that the buyers of sideshow are mostly men..because here in my country the women will buy most anything legolas..he is very very popular here..=)

everybody's waiting for the exclusive also..=)..they would just buy the reg if they were shut out of the exc..=)

I agree, the exclusive is the nicer piece. Movie-accurate weaponry quibbles aside, he just seems more complete with his cloak.

Poor, Leggy... I still love you, man!

:inlove

Last edited:
Legolas was my favorite from LOTR. But it seems he never sold well, or wasn't as popular as Aragorn, Gandalf or Frodo. Always wondered why.

I think this is one of the cases when the Exclusive is just that cool. The sculpt i think is the best likeness to Bloom that I have seen. I know my wife wants a case of them what for I don't think I want to know.

jimmyjamesf said:
I think this is one of the cases when the Exclusive is just that cool. The sculpt i think is the best likeness to Bloom that I have seen. I know my wife wants a case of them what for I don't think I want to know.
:wacky :wacky

jimmyjamesf said:

Best not to think about it.

Yeah, I hope it picks up.... Sure it will eventually. But I think it is showing the sheer coolness of the exclusive and the sweet selection of available, recently revealed figures. I for one would rather him be cloaked, as they wore them throughout the entire film... with a few exceptions.

kingdarkness03 said:
Legolas finally in the top ten....# 9..its about time!

Bespin Han, Lurtz and Aragorn sold out, so it moved up the list.
Strange that its not in the number 2 position because its a great looking fig.. :confused:

I don't think that list is an accurate measure of popularity. I think once the waitlist is called in for the exclsuive, you'll see the regular becoming more popular.

Customikey said:
I don't think that list is an accurate measure of popularity. I think once the waitlist is called in for the exclsuive, you'll see the regular becoming more popular.

From Sideshows site.

"The 'Most Popular Products' is a listing of items most often purchased in the last 30 days. This list does not include sold out or wait list items."

The most often purchased products tend to be the most popular, or am I missing something?
The Star Wars figs, and even Aragorn (which spent time in number one) never had much time for the waitlist to even be an issue. They were there, and then they were gone. Sold Out.

I know I have a lot of friends who haven't been long time customers of Sideshow products, and Legolas was something that they all passed on across the board. The reason everyone gave was the disparity in cost between Legolas and Aragorn. They all expressed to me that Aragorn was the most they have ever paid for a figure, and were satisfied given all of the accessories, but Legolas being ten dollars cheaper, was a source of confusion and upset, as they didn't see why Aragorn couldn't be cheaper as well. Nearly everyone said that they will hope to pick him up on ebay at a reduced price when he finally ships, and some cancelled their Aragorn figures when they saw the price for Leggy as well!

Well, the thing is people have to understand not ever figure is gonna be the same price. Aragorn was more exspensive because he came with a ton of stuff that cause his price to go up. Legolas however did not so he was cheaper. I find it kind of odd that someone could understand that and would get ticked over it. Waiting for it to ship on ebay is one thing not a big deal at all but to just get ticked over the fact Aragorn couldn't be cheaper in their opinion is kind of funny.

THE HORSES ARE RESTLESS!!!
blmhrd01.jpg

Like I said, these people are new to Sideshow, given the new licenses of Star Wars and LOTR, and aren't too experienced about pricing differences. I hope they will be able to score Legolas on ebay, just to have. I just wonder how they will respond when an armored character, be it a clonetrooper or Uruk-hai shows up, and they retail for a higher price point too.

I am trying to encourage people to sign up here, so they can see a little more of what Sideshow has to offer!

Great get them too the more the better. Plus it would be good for them to see how the pieces change in price and how we react to that.

speedracer said:
everybody's waiting for the exclusive also..=)..they would just buy the reg if they were shut out of the exc..=)

I'm one of them, wasn't home that day and so I signed up for the Legolas Exclusive waitlist the same day it sold out, I do hope I'll be able to get it turned into an order... anyway I haven't ordered the regular cause I can get it here in Italy.

Back