Legolas & Gimli on Arod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
I looked around and I'll be darned if I could find a thread devoted to this piece.

Has Sideshow made any mention of this thing in any of the recent chats? If so, I missed it. I know it is listed as a Q2 release, but have we received any hints as to its progress, or an estimated shipping date? It's been awfully quiet...

Did anybody else get a little melancholy when they saw that the LotR section at Toy Fair was just a few pieces on one display? It just reminded me of how things have moved past that era of Sideshow history. Of course, I am excited about the new directions they are taking, but the SSW line was the one that got me started and it's sad to see it finally come to a close with this statue (and Aragorn too).

I am looking forward to getting the last great SSW piece before "the end of all things..."

9345_image01.jpg

I have sold much of my SSW collection in preperation for the PF line but I am eagerly anticipating these last two pieces. I kept all my horse and riders and can't wait to get these as well.

Jesse

They are still due Q2 last time I asked. I'm very excited to get them and put some of the finishin touches on my SSW collection. Without SSW I would never have gone into collecting anything LOTR.

Legimarod is one of Wetas' BEST statues, I'm looking forward to it immensely. It ranks up there with the best in my opinion. Obviously I would have preferred an Eomer on steed over it, but I think this statue is grand.

How much does this and Aragorn go for? I love this and Aragorn at the Black gates, and I've just started getting into weta. I gotta know!

All the mounted on horse pieces look phenomenal. They capture the horses faces so well!

The Legolas and Gimli statue sells for $350. Aragorn on Brego is $300.

They are both sold out through Sideshow, but I will just about guarantee you that you can get one through the wait list. There will be a lot of cancelled orders by people who have moved on from the SS/W line.

I think that they will be sorry once people start receiving their "Legimarod" statues and raving about one of the all-time great LotR pieces!! I might have to cancel Aragorn for $$$ reasons, but this one is a keeper.

I think Id have to get Aragorn over Legimarod, it has more sentimental value, although the schulpt on Legimarod is phenomenal and you get two character in one brilliant statue.

tough choice. I dont get why anyone would move on! They're so beautiful, and imo, much nicer than any of the 12" figures of possibley PF's(although thats impossible to know) will be.

Personally, the SSW line is something i aint ever letting go of... even in the light of the new PFs.

As for these last two steed pieces, I cancelled the LaGoA (did not appeal to me) but am definetely keeping the AatBG (BTW, my dream piece). I cannot wait to have this piece to go with my GaSFax and RWoS.

You gotta get both IMO. They are both really really well done. The pictures as usual don't do them the justice they deserve. I was most impressed with them last year at SDCC.

I am looking forward to both of them BIGTIME.

I love both pieces, and will welcome both of them with open arms when it is time for them to ship.

Especially Aragorn at the Black Gates.

I have wanted Aragorn on Brego since I started collecting SS/W.

I guess so. I consider it Brego...it may not be, who knows.

Let me re-phrase then: I have always wanted Aragorn on Horseback.

:D

Very much looking forward to receiving these last two pieces - it will be the last time I have to rearrange my statues!

I too am looking forward to getting these two pieces, I just don't know where I am going to put them.:confused:

Same here, my display tables are all full. Don't know where to put, but I will make room for both Lego/Gimli/Arod and Aragorn BG. I have displayed all my peices so far (over 140), but when those 2 big statues arrive, I will need to store some away. :(

I already have the spot for where these 2 pieces are going. All ready and waiting.

Back