LEGOLAS 12in best sculpt yet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leebgb said:
It does look really good! The profile shot on rebelscum looks dead on.

Unfortunetly I won't be collecting the 12" line just because I don't like the way they look displayed with those stands having to hold them up.

Keep in mind that the stands usually look fine in concert with a great pose. Also, most of the recent SSC figures don't even need the stands to stay up. I use mine because I think the stands add a "quality collectible" feel and also protect my figures from the ocassional shelf-dive.

I am not a big Lord of the rings fan. But when I saw Strider I ordered him, and I will do the same with Legolas. SS quality is what draws me to this line. The detail in the costumes and headsculpts will make these an incredible addition to my collection. And as someone has said before, this is the golden age of collecting!

GREAT JOB SIDESHOW!!!!
I mean here we have a Legolas that looks like Orlando Bloom, sure its notperfect, but i t doesnt have to be.....but that is the level of likeness we are looking for. Nice Job Indeed!!!!1
Cant wait to have the whole fellowship!!!:banana

Damn, that is a great scult. Miles ahead of the so-so Aragorn, and much better than the polystone statue. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

B-Electronic said:
...I'm definately NOT going to pose him the way he looks like in this picture. Thats just pure awefull posing!

Whoa there Nelly! Looks like these pics were snapped as the figures were just being unpacked for the show, hence all the plastic baggies still on the display stands, underfoot, etc. This isn't the way SS will/would pose him for any real publicity shots. Don't worry, you'll see him in true form soon enough.

Glad everyone is happy with the figure!

:joy

I really like the Legolas...alot. I'm definitely getting this one, along with Aragorn.

Nice job on this one Sideshow.

This just in. :D

legolas5ag.jpg

Adjustments include:

Eyes slightly larger, and more intense blue eyes for the heck of it
Eyebrows "trimmed" and smoothed out
Colors adjusted to look less toy/plastic-y

And the biggest change I made (which in theory could be altering the sculpt) is I subdued quite a bit the face creases on either side of his nose.

Does anyone else think all this photo shopping stuff is getting a little out of hand?

I'm not saying people don't have a right to want something better if they feel it's wrong. However, damn every piece that comes out now it seems is getting photo shopped and "made" better.:rolleyes:

Yes, photoshopping that amazing of a sculpt on a figure that will probably be around $60 boggles the mind.

I'd like something of that quality on a $300 Legolas PF! It looks awesome and no adjustments are needed. Nice job Andy!

jlcmsu said:
Does anyone else think all this photo shopping stuff is getting a little out of hand?

I'm not saying people don't have a right to want something better if they feel it's wrong. However, damn every piece that comes out now it seems is getting photo shopped and "made" better.:rolleyes:

As it says in the pic: Photoshop is fun. And it is. Sorry if you're offended.

And for the record, no offense is intended to Andy either. It's a terrific sculpt.

I guess I forgot we now live in a culture where EVERYTHING needs a lame disclaimer. Can't even pop in a freaking DVD without having it crammed down your throat that Disney doesn't agree with whatever POSSIBLY offensive thing someone MIGHT say during interviews or commentaries. :rolleyes:

He looks older than he supposed to be huh?? Better compared to the recent PF sculpt, he is certainly much better.....anyone know who the sculptor is?? Mat Falls?

I didn't say I was offended did I? No, I didn't.

It's just that every tom, dick, and harry seems to think they can make a piece better just by photoshopping or that what they are doing absolutely makes it better. That's all.

It's interesting to see what people think is an improvement. Some are definitely better and some aren't and some I can't tell the difference at all.

However I would say that Han may have suffered a bit from being "fixed" by SSC after all the photoshopping and complaining.

Hahahaha, we're going back and forth today, aren't we? :D

Must be something in the water, I guess. :drink

Just having some fun is all, really. Your mileage will vary on whether you think it's an improvement or not.

But as someone who really digs and appreciates pop sculpture like this in a major way, it's only a fun exercise to fool around with and notice when certain light sources will show off a likeness better or worse, or what paint applications will enhance or subdue certain features, and on and on.

And in the case of the Frodo manips, it was to help demonstrate to people that the sculpt was in fact very good.

Back