Legolas 1:1 Daggers Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, am considering purchasing Legolas's fighting knives for my girlfriend as a Christmas present. Because she wants them but would never treat herself, so i'm going to do it. But am not quite as up on the LotR collectables.

If anyone give me any advice on what the best replica is and what the quality of them is like I'd really appreciate it. Have seen a lot of the United Cutlery one's online more than anything else.

United Cutlery is the only authorized people doing the LOTR stuff as far as I know. I'm sure other companies did tehm, but UC is your best bet! And the daggers are ^^^^ing sweet!! Definitely a nice purchase!

Last edited:
They should come with one. The only problem you might have with getting these is that I'm pretty sure they have been long, long sold out.

EvilBay might be your best best. But also try the Commerce section here to see if anyone is selling some. Just do a search in the For Sale forum. Or start your own thread in the Wanted To Buy forum.

Yeah, I think you have the best chances on evilbay...

All I can say is that they are awesome and certainly worth their money. :rock

The United Cutlery ones are really nice, but the wood stain isn't an exact match for the movie. The blades have the intricate etching on them, and look sharp, but the handles are a little too dark to screen accurate. They should come with a certificate of authenticity, and the wood plaque for the display is great. One of the few UC items that I'll be holding on to for the long haul. Prices should be decent on Ebay, as the UC stuff had pretty big production runs.

You would definitely want to go with the UC ones... not just because they're "officially licensed", they are of good quality and the ones that go for a third of the price are pretty horrible. That goes for ALL knockoffs, except maybe the ones from Singapore? Philippines?, where the blades are actually SHARP? I've never seen one of those upclose so I don't know how well they're replicated... but you probably don't want to get her a really sharp knife anyway... :D

Beren

That's great, have to wait till the end of the month. So gives me time to check other places too. But is good to know what the best type to go for

The United Cutlery ones are really nice, but the wood stain isn't an exact match for the movie. The blades have the intricate etching on them, and look sharp, but the handles are a little too dark to screen accurate. They should come with a certificate of authenticity, and the wood plaque for the display is great. One of the few UC items that I'll be holding on to for the long haul. Prices should be decent on Ebay, as the UC stuff had pretty big production runs.

I know the later versions of the knives had lighter colored handles than the original release. Not sure which ones are being made now.
img445d302ee7c5c.jpg

norm-451866f45d1f3-Lord+of+the+Rings+(2001).jpeg

This was my first LOTR UC purchase and I simply fell in love with the UC swords!!! All of the detailing is there and the knifes are VERY sharp! Looks like EVILBAY prices are around $150ish, and stick with UC and not those fakes that sell at $20.......As far as the Scabbards, I say DONT BUY! As the knife is detailed and would not want to hide them inside a cover, IMHO, and I really dont remember if they come with a cert, I would look for the box IF I knew where I put it!! Get them you will LOVE THEM....

I did check Blades-UK am going to go with them if it works out cheaper with shipping. Didn't know about Battle Orders though *goes off to check* is getting closer to my pay day so just getting quotes for shipping now.

Back