Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Bag End set for Christmas. It really is something else. I recommend it to anyone. It is now my favorite set I have, it is extremely detailed and, this may sound stupid, but I just smile when I look at it lol

Hi guys
Here's a link with pictures from 4 of the 8 sets that will be released in June 2013 (USA release date). There will be 5 LotR-sets and 3 new Hobbit sets.

Known sets are: The Wizard Battle, The Council of Elrond, The Battle of the Black Gate, Pirate Ship Ambush ( = Corsair ship)
The 5th set name is known as 'Frodo vs. The Ringwraith. Not sure if this 5th set will be released eventually.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37049087@N02/8312560790/in/photostream/

This is an overview of all the minifigures in the sets. (Credits go to General Magma, member of the Eurobricks forum)
Wizard Battle
Gandalf the Grey (with hairpiece) and Saruman
4ad2058a3d4b22a50e7264ba41410fc9.png
150px-1122.png

Council of Elrond
Arwen (blue dress), Elrond (Rivendel clothing), Frodo (no cape in the set) and Gimli
383326d045b75dbbbf3598e8cb2cff1f.png

The Black Gate
Aragorn (Gondor outfit), Gandalf the White, Mouth of Sauron and 2 armored orc soldiers (helmet and breastplate)
90db82c47deb93c180f54065313163f2.png

Corsair Ship
Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, King of the Dead, 2 Dead Men of Dunharrow (both varied), 1 Corsair shipsman and 2 armored orc soldiers (helmet and breastplate)
26b8c8b54bc357bb08a1c12d0678c7b1.png

Last edited:
Got the Bag End set for Christmas. It really is something else. I recommend it to anyone. It is now my favorite set I have, it is extremely detailed and, this may sound stupid, but I just smile when I look at it lol

Same here. Building mine right now and it's going too fast. :slap easily the best lotr/ hobbit set so far.

Yeah, I'm buying all of those.

Gondor Armor Aragorn? Gandalf the White? Saruman? The Mouth of Sauron?

All must haves.

Those ghosts and the King of the Dead will be awesome too.

I want to pick up all the Hobbit lego sets and want to get the best price. Is now a good time to buy and where should I go? Amazon? Are better sales expected in the near future?

I want to pick up all the Hobbit lego sets and want to get the best price. Is now a good time to buy and where should I go? Amazon? Are better sales expected in the near future?

Wait it out. The Hobbit themed sets just came out. Stores just got em.

I waited for Helms Deep and a few other sets until recently (they were released in the summer) and I got great deals. Helms Deep was only 90 something for me.

Just wait, check Amazon, Walmart.com, etc. You'll find a good deal, they're not going anywhere.

Wait it out. The Hobbit themed sets just came out. Stores just got em.

I waited for Helms Deep and a few other sets until recently (they were released in the summer) and I got great deals. Helms Deep was only 90 something for me.

Just wait, check Amazon, Walmart.com, etc. You'll find a good deal, they're not going anywhere.

Thanks man! The Haunted House is the first lego set I've bought in many years. I didn't know if these were prone to selling out quickly. I'll definitely sit tight then. :duff

Amazon frequently matches other online deals so you should be able to get the sets for 20-25% off pretty easily if you check their site regularly. No tax (for some) and free shipping is always a bonus.

I got the "Unexpected Gathering" set today!! :rock :yess:

8321249869_170ca358c9_b.jpg

For now just a pic of the box, but some more pictures of the finished model will follow soon. :)

I absolutely love this set. It has been quite a while since I was into Lego, but now the Hobbit sets pulled me back in. I got the "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" and "Riddles for the Ring" sets for Christmas and those were great as well. But this is something else. The house is EXTREMELY detailed, both inside and out. It's actually got so many details that (while it is a great playset) I see it more as a collector's item. Lego could've skipped on a lot of the interior and finishing touches and still would've delivered a solid set. But as it is, it's nearing perfection!! :love

If you're still on the fence about it, then get off it now and buy this amazing set. You won't regret it!!

The figures in the Corsair ship are, but don't feel the set is. its such a small part of the film. A Oliphant would have been a better choice IMO. I hope the Dead figures are made of translucent green plastic like in the video game!

The Black Gate set looks great though, even if they have added the Eye of Sauron onto the gate instead of being a separate tower. Nice to get the Mouth of Sauron and Gandalf the White though.

I'm honestly surprised they went the little $10 set route for the Wizard Battle instead of a big $100+ tower set.

And the council of Elrond is nice, but some of the figure choices are odd. I mean Arowyn wasn't even there, but I'm glad to have the figure. And realy? Do we need another Gimli and Frodo? Why not an alternate outfit Aargorn and Gloin instead? Or go all out and put the full council there?

I need to get the unexpected gathering. I got the goblin town set and the out of the frying pan and into the fire set.

An Unexpected Gathering

It's a quiet afternoon in The Shire and Bilbo just finished studying one of his maps, before getting inside to make some dinner.

8322256395_fda3c407e3_b.jpg

8323314890_ceb55102b1_b.jpg

After a while, there is a knock on the door... Who could it be?

8322253657_3a279d882c_b.jpg

"Good afternoon Mr. Baggins. I am but an old Grey Pilgrim and I have to admit that smelling your delicious dinner made me aware that I am quite hungry. I know it's terribly rude, but could I trouble you for some food?"

"But of course, Mr. Pilgrim. Come on in."

"Thank you lad. The name is Gandalf by the way. Perhaps you've heard of my fireworks show."

8322252429_f58c451f88_b.jpg

"Come on in boys! We are welcome!"

"Wait eh, what do you mean with 'we', Mr. Gandalf?

8323311000_a1b88664e4_b.jpg

"Good day Mr. Baggins. I am Fili, and this is Kili, Balin, Dwalin, Bofur and Bombur. We are friends of Gandalf. We are dwarves. And quite hungry as well I'm afraid."

8322249809_0524b25e9b_b.jpg

"Blunt the knives and bend the forks! Smash the bottles and burn the corks! Chip the glasses and crack the plates!"

8323308640_f0d4cb73b6_b.jpg

8322247813_5b647b209b_b.jpg

8323306546_00ff5b1c9e_b.jpg

"Come on little Dwarves. We've abused Bilbo's hospitality for too long now. Time to go."

"Aww come on, Gandalf. It's too much fun in this cozy little Hobbit house. We're gonna stay here!"

8323305594_34500d50a5_b.jpg

Is the unexpected gathering set rare or is it just lost Christmas stock driving the price up?

It seems to be the set that is selling out everywhere, from what I've seen. I think it's just old fashioned demand stripping out supply.

Great pics! :clap
Its a great set! I had a blast putting it together. I might actually take it apart JUST to put it together again it was that fun! :)

An Unexpected Gathering

It's a quiet afternoon in The Shire and Bilbo just finished studying one of his maps, before getting inside to make some dinner.

After a while, there is a knock on the door... Who could it be?

8322253657_3a279d882c_b.jpg

"Good afternoon Mr. Baggins. I am but an old Grey Pilgrim and I have to admit that smelling your delicious dinner made me aware that I am quite hungry. I know it's terribly rude, but could I trouble you for some food?"

"But of course, Mr. Pilgrim. Come on in."

"Thank you lad. The name is Gandalf by the way. Perhaps you've heard of my fireworks show."

8322252429_f58c451f88_b.jpg

"Come on in boys! We are welcome!"

"Wait eh, what do you mean with 'we', Mr. Gandalf?

8323311000_a1b88664e4_b.jpg

"Good day Mr. Baggins. I am Fili, and this is Kili, Balin, Dwalin, Bofur and Bombur. We are friends of Gandalf. We are dwarves. And quite hungry as well I'm afraid."

8322249809_0524b25e9b_b.jpg

"Blunt the knives and bend the forks! Smash the bottles and burn the corks! Chip the glasses and crack the plates!"

8323308640_f0d4cb73b6_b.jpg

8322247813_5b647b209b_b.jpg

8323306546_00ff5b1c9e_b.jpg

"Come on little Dwarves. We've abused Bilbo's hospitality for too long now. Time to go."

"Aww come on, Gandalf. It's too much fun in this cozy little Hobbit house. We're gonna stay here!"

8323305594_34500d50a5_b.jpg

Back