LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Yeah, I saw the Kraang figure go for over $400 alone!

I managed to get one for $150. :slap Overpriced horribly still, but I can always double my money back on it if I ever decide to.

Yup, at 150 looks like you made a prudent investment at this point.

The newly revealed sets today are kinda blah like the other super hero sets have been, but the mini figures rock :rock

I'll probably just try to get the minifigs anyways. I'm more of a minifig fan than a builder, I usally get minifigs and a couple sets that I like for display out of each of the lines I like.

Problem is most of the time its nearly cheaper to just buy the full set. Most of these look like sub $60 sets based on the brick count. And with figs being $5-$25 each, its just easier to get the sets IMO.

Problem is most of the time its nearly cheaper to just buy the full set. Most of these look like sub $60 sets based on the brick count. And with figs being $5-$25 each, its just easier to get the sets IMO.

I rarely buy a minigfig unless its something that can't be had in stores, I just sell off what I don't want to builders, makes it fairly cheap. :lol

https://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121108202140/lego/images/3/33/79100_alt1.png

79101_alt1.jpg

79105_alt1.jpg

I'll be getting the Baxter Stockman, Shredder Bike and Turtle van sets

Last edited:
Heads up everybody, these are in stock at toysrus.com. TRU is always pricier than the lego store, but you get $25 off of orders of $100 and free shipping right now.

Not to mention, this might be your only chance to score these sets before Christmas. The Lego Store told me they would not be getting them until next year.

Seriously overpriced, even for TRU. A Full $20 over retail on the Shellraiser :cuckoo:

Yeah, it's kinda insane, but spending $100 will get you closer to retail. I got the Shellraiser and the and the Dragon Bike; the total ended up being $94.57, which is only about $10 above retail. When sales tax is figured in, it's only really $5 above retail.

I don't like supporting Toys r Us' price gouging, but it was either this or running around town like Arnold and Sinbad.

jinglealltheway10.jpg

Do want an army of foot soldiers to surround my turtles. :lol

The mousers look very cool as well.

I've learned its best to just wait a few weeks/months on Legos rather than buying them Day 1. The sets are usually available for 10%+ off on Amazon or some kind of BOGO deal somewhere. The licensed sets have gotten so overpriced lately its better to wait IMO.

LEGO @ MSRP is for the impatient and last minute Christmas shoppers. The licensed sets can easily be found for 20% off or better if you don't have to have them now.

Only 1 mouser in that Stockman set? I hope they are made from common pieces so I can try to Bricklink the parts to make a few more of them.

I'm pretty pissed that Lego only put Leo in the biggest most expensive set. Every other minifigure can be gotten in a somewhat smaller set, but the only way to get Leo, the fourth and leader member is to buy the flagship $80 set. Going to make him expensive as hell on secondary sites as well.

I like the Stockman set, I think the Michaelangelo VS Kraang has to be the best value, I think I'll order that one, the rest are pretty meh.

I'm pretty pissed that Lego only put Leo in the biggest most expensive set. Every other minifigure can be gotten in a somewhat smaller set, but the only way to get Leo, the fourth and leader member is to buy the flagship $80 set. Going to make him expensive as hell on secondary sites as well.

I like the Stockman set, I think the Michaelangelo VS Kraang has to be the best value, I think I'll order that one, the rest are pretty meh.

Leois in two sets.

Leo is in two sets.

Yep, he's in the Turtle Lair 79103 and Shellraiser 79104 sets. Don't mistake TRU prices for MSRP as those sets are priced by LEGO at $50 and $60 respectively. You will be able to get them for at least $10 off if you wait for sales early next year.

Back