LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I just put sets together. Though there are alot of AFOL that make their own MOC stuff, including printed figures and custom pieces.

Cool, I've seen some pics of some massively built customs, I didn't know if there was a site where people get these plans from or if this stuff was just totally created by mad lego-ist. (mad being crazy enough to do this not pissed off :lol )

Oh, did someone say MOC? I need to build this medical frigate sometime.

nebulon-b.jpg

Thanks Flosi, I'm gonna probably pick one up then, I have been tempted by that set for quite some time. also I'm not sure if I've recommended it already, but the Palpatine's Arrest set is awesome and definitely my favorite so far. It's a little pricey, but at the end of the day the minifigs are awesome, and the set looks really cool.

Cool, I've seen some pics of some massively built customs, I didn't know if there was a site where people get these plans from or if this stuff was just totally created by mad lego-ist. (mad being crazy enough to do this not pissed off :lol )

"Eurobricks" and "From Bricks to Banthas" are two major Lego sites. FBtB is primarily Star Wars Lego related (hence the name), while EB encompasses all Legos. Both have good MOCs communities and in some cases people are happy to share their designs and instructions.

"Eurobricks" and "From Bricks to Banthas" are two major Lego sites. FBtB is primarily Star Wars Lego related (hence the name), while EB encompasses all Legos. Both have good MOCs communities and in some cases people are happy to share their designs and instructions.

Wow, literally spent hours last night/this morning looking through peoples MOC's.

There are some crazy, awesome Star Wars customs out there.

I think I'm sticking to the sdhallow end of the pool for awhile and enjoying the tiny sets I've bought before I try anything too crazy. :panic:

Wow, literally spent hours last night/this morning looking through peoples MOC's.

There are some crazy, awesome Star Wars customs out there.

I think I'm sticking to the sdhallow end of the pool for awhile and enjoying the tiny sets I've bought before I try anything too crazy. :panic:

Yea, that's the thing - MOCing is a hobby itself in addition to collecting Legos. Since I like to keep all my Legos organized, I think I'd end up buying extras of sets just for parts that would go in a MOC bin. If I mixed up some of my sets now, I don't know if I'd be able to seperate them again.

Yeah, I was looking at how some of the MOC guys setup their workstations, definitely think I'm going to get some desk mini drawer organizers to keep track of parts. Even though I'm not attempting what they are doing, it does seem like a good way to track what you got.

Agreed. Fortunately, most bricks aren't too expensive. You can usually get good deals at Lego stores with their pick-a-brick cups. There's also lots of good tips on how to maximize the amounts of bricks you can get in those.

The limits of the B&M and online Pick-A-Brick is that the bulk bricks are still kind of limited with selection, and they tend to be expensive considering price-per-brick. Some of them can be stacked in the store, but because they use those cylindrical cup containers, you will always have a lot of negative space unless filling them with useless 1x1 plate filler.

They used to sell 1200 brick "tubs" at $20 apiece. And we're talking plenty of 2x4 pieces that work great as base pieces and large sculptures. Not to mention - free stackable tub for organizing! Now those have gone the way of the dodo.

One benefit of LEGO now being semi-targeted to adult toy collectors with these new licenses, especially LOTR, is that they (new collectors) tend to buy sets for the minifigs. You can sometimes find good deals on builder sets without the minifigs on eBay. I might go that route to expand my Jabba palace. After all, how many Jabbas and Rancors do you need?

The limits of the B&M and online Pick-A-Brick is that the bulk bricks are still kind of limited with selection, and they tend to be expensive considering price-per-brick. Some of them can be stacked in the store, but because they use those cylindrical cup containers, you will always have a lot of negative space unless filling them with useless 1x1 plate filler.

Actually, check around online. There's some great articles on how to pack those PAB cups in store so that you have virtually no open space. Sure, if you just dump bricks into the cup, you're not getting a good deal. However, I've seen guys that pack those cups so well, they're getting a steal on the bricks.

And like the build-a-minifigure stands in Lego stores, sometimes they have some really good pieces. Some Lego stands had CMF Series 1 pieces for awhile and those went fast.

TRU was having a 20% sale, picked up Jabba's Palace, by my wife said not til Christmas :panic:

...got a free Monsters Chauffer driver as well, :monkey2 gateway incentive to purchase another line, LEGO Monsters:gah:

Might have to bite, too. BB's probably my favourite series of all time (and I like the playfulness of this design -- not too literal or fanboyish). Just debating between the print and the t-shirt. They're both really reasonable, so not sure why I'm being such a skinflint about it. Just not sure if it's a 'must have', I guess.

Edit: Decided to go for it and picked-up the T and print. Thanks for the alert, icruise.

Last edited:
Just used a SSC gift card to pick up the Ewok Attack set, my first SW Lego purchase in a few years.

Back