Legendary Musicians

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Saber check out Hank Williams III (Hank's grandson, Jr's son) new release "Straight to Hell" it's just amazing how it captures that old "outlaw"/trad country sound. He sounds like his granddad with a mix of David Allen Coe ect. It's one of the best country releases in a long time and the first time a main stream country release has recieved a warning label.

creecher said:
You can buy an awful lot of vegemite for a million dollars. It is made from the refuse of beer brewing. A vegetable extract it says on the label. Aussies love it, everyone else, we don't care about. :monkey5

Wow! I didn't know where it came from--that's interesting. I thought they scraped it off the bottom of their shoes and put it in a bottle. I was man enough to try it when I was in Sydney, but I was not man enough to enjoy it.

Funny you should mention Hank III, Viking28! My sister just went to see him in concert, and got a pic of herself and him. Apparently he only plays in small venues. I think it was at the Gypsy Tea Room here in Dallas. Weird name for a venue.

COOL! I'm hoping he heads up to the northwest to play some show's from what I hear he put's on one hell of a live show. The guy is totally old school country, I can't get over how good his latest cd is.

Of course you do realize that Hank III just does the country stuff to get more people in his concerts? Half of the show is the old school country and the other half is his hard rock screaming with his band, assjack.

Sabertrooper said:
Of course you do realize that Hank III just does the country stuff to get more people in his concerts? Half of the show is the old school country and the other half is his hard rock screaming with his band, assjack.

I was wondering if he was still splitting the show's in half. I'm kind of like him in the music department I grew up on old style country and also with the underground punk, hard rock stuff.
Me I think he should drop the rock stuff and go with a rockabilly/psychobilly style for his more upbeat stuff.

Yeah, my sister told me that when he finished his country set and had an intermission, a large part of the crowd got up and left. They were there to see the country stuff only. It seems to me he should just stick with the country and maybe infuse a few songs on each album with some punk country.

I can't blame people leaving, I mean to be honest it's as close as anybody is ever going to get to see Hank Sr. live because he resembles him so much.
It would be better to do seperate tours for those two styles of music and having the second half rockabilly or h.t. would make more sense to do than hard rock.

I agree completely. Bit of a jump for the audience to go from old time sounding country to screaming punk rock!

Sabertrooper said:
I agree completely. Bit of a jump for the audience to go from old time sounding country to screaming punk rock!

I totally agree, it would be like going to see George Jones and the second half is Slayer. It just doesn't mix.:google

Sabertrooper said:
Yeah, my sister told me that when he finished his country set and had an intermission, a large part of the crowd got up and left. They were there to see the country stuff only. It seems to me he should just stick with the country and maybe infuse a few songs on each album with some punk country.

What the hell is punk country? You have my two extremes listed in one genre? I can't stand country music (well, whiney country music anyway), I do like rockabilly. And I'd venture that I'm one of the few Freaks who are all about punk. Not that crap you hear on the radio either, but good raw punk rawk.:rock2

Besides the Ramones, and maybe Sex Pistols, I doubt any other of my favorite bands would ever get done. Of course I was raised on AC/DC so there's always hope there.

Darth Loki said:
What the hell is punk country? You have my two extremes listed in one genre? I can't stand country music (well, whiney country music anyway), I do like rockabilly. And I'd venture that I'm one of the few Freaks who are all about punk. Not that crap you hear on the radio either, but good raw punk rawk.:rock2

Besides the Ramones, and maybe Sex Pistols, I doubt any other of my favorite bands would ever get done. Of course I was raised on AC/DC so there's always hope there.

Actually "punk country" could that be concidered psychobilly or hellbilly, when you think about it. And III conciders Assjack Hellbilly although I haven't had a chance to hear them, so I cant say.

When you say good raw punk rawk are you talking about like Special Duties, Sham 69, Discharge, Exploited kind of stuff?

Guys having started this thread with a simple question, we seem to have moved on.

Punk country - look out for a band called Jason and the Scorchers.

Rockabilly - have been listening to this since mid 1970's - Elvis SUN recordings, the uptempo tracks, are without doubt 'the best' RAB you could hope to find. Ronnie Dawson, who passsed last year, cut the genuine item from 1957 - 2005 and is held in high regard, here, in the UK.

Psychobilly - RAB meets punk. The Meteors + Guana Batz leading the way with the Cramps following.

Don't suppose SS would consider a 1/6 Pat Boone ?

Old Bill

Old Bill said:
Guys having started this thread with a simple question, we seem to have moved on.

Punk country - look out for a band called Jason and the Scorchers.

Rockabilly - have been listening to this since mid 1970's - Elvis SUN recordings, the uptempo tracks, are without doubt 'the best' RAB you could hope to find. Ronnie Dawson, who passsed last year, cut the genuine item from 1957 - 2005 and is held in high regard, here, in the UK.

Psychobilly - RAB meets punk. The Meteors + Guana Batz leading the way with the Cramps following.

Don't suppose SS would consider a 1/6 Pat Boone ?

Old Bill

Demented Are Go dont forget them, also the Supersuckers do some really good country stuff and play rock stuff also.

In the dim and distant past, I remember watching all of the psychobilly bands, in their early days at a small, badly lit, smokey, cheap beer filled Feltham Football Club, in west London.
Also got to see many British and a few US Rockabillies.......... oooo for my lost youth.

Old Bill

I used to be young and stupid, now I'm just stupid.

Next Legendary Musicians band announcement:

FigrinDanandtheModalNodes.jpg

movie_bg.jpg

eu_bg.jpg

:D :D :D

They are from a Galaxy far far away... but They are Legends:rock

Back