Legendary Musicians Line from Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to put in my 2 shekels worth, my personal musical taste is very, VERY, eclectic. I like certain performers (but not ALL their stuff) from early R & R, R & B, the British Invasion, Yes, the Rat Pack, all the way up through Classical Spanish Guitar and the Oak Ridge Boys and beyond. (Just for example....)

Since Sideshow made Star Wars in segments, Order of the Jedi, Heroes of the Rebellion, etc. It comes to mind, that to satisfy all the Music fans out there, it may have to be categorized as in Rock N' Roll, Jazz, Modern Rock,
Country, etc. This would help fans find just the figs they would be interested in.........or not.....whatever.....it was just a thought.

I'd buy a Buddy Holly for sure. (But then, I've got Sideshow's Spinal Tap, so what do I know!) I think whatever they do, or how they do it, this line will be great......and great fun too. Rock on Sideshow! (Just look at all the controversy it's stirred up so far!) :clap

Batty said:
Dusty, do you have any knowledge of Beatles licensing? I heard the reason McFarlane only did animated figures was because they couldn't obtain the rights for the real-life likeness.

I know nothing about licensing :( That's a Brock (Sideshow Licensing Guru) question. :duff

I'd love to see the Beatles from their rooftop Apple performance.

Paul with the beard and George with the rockin green pants. :cool:

SideshowDusty said:
I know nothing about licensing :( That's a Brock (Sideshow Licensing Guru) question. :duff

Could you ask him? I know that NECA announced a Lennon figure, but it has been delayed/canceled. I can't wait for Yoko to die. I imagine the rest would be easier to get, but I have no idea.

The reason NECA was able to do John was because it was a post-Beatles version of him. Considering all the things Yoko sells on QVC with his name on it, it'll be a shame if this doesn't come out.

If you decide to do Liberace, I want this version...

LiberaceinHotPantssinglecopy.jpg

Buffanatic said:
...(This IS a joke, right???!!!!!)

I don't know? I just happened to be doing a google search for something and that popped up. I though it was good for a giggle.

Fritz said:
I don't know? I just happened to be doing a google search for something and that popped up. I though it was good for a giggle.
Now, just what were you googling for that to come up? :lol

ok please make these 1/4's Freddy mercury, Brian May, Slash, Jimi Hendrix i would love these ones to be in PF

Fritz said:
If you decide to do Liberace, I want this version...

LiberaceinHotPantssinglecopy.jpg
Rock on, Fritz! Lovely!!

This "legendary musicians" line doesn't appeal to me. I don't like the concept. Nominating some musicians into this line, is leaving some other musicians out. Where do you draw the line? I'm sure there are quite some 'legendary' musicians out there that half of the people here haven't even heard of. I don't consider popularity a criterion for making someone a legend. There are/where many creative and innovative musicians around, and not all get/got the recognition they deserve/deserved. Naaahhh, in my opinion the name of this line will never cover the content. Then again, who said it would...

Psssss! Sideshow! I heard that your creative team was working on PF's of KRAFTWERK... Is that just a rumor?

Psssss! Sideshow! I heard that your creative team was working on PF's of KRAFTWERK... Is that just a rumor?

I was just bugging my girlfriend singing "we are the robots" earlier today...hmmm coincidence...I think not!:chew

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I'm sure there are quite some 'legendary' musicians out there that half of the people here haven't even heard of. I don't consider popularity a criterion for making someone a legend.

I don't want to start (continue?) a war here, but (from www.m-w.com):

Legendary

One entry found for legendary.
Main Entry: leg·end·ary
Pronunciation: 'le-j&n-"der-E
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of legend or a legend
2 : WELL-KNOWN, FAMOUS
- leg·en·dari·ly /"le-j&n-'der-&-lE/ adverb

Being a legend really has nothing to do with talent, as unfortunate as that may be. :duff

Oh, and Fritz, that picture of Liberace made me cry. Thanks :lol

Last edited:
SideshowDusty said:
I don't want to start (continue?) a war here, but (from www.m-w.com):

Legendary

One entry found for legendary.
Main Entry: leg·end·ary
Pronunciation: 'le-j&n-"der-E
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of legend or a legend
2 : WELL-KNOWN, FAMOUS
- leg·en·dari·ly /"le-j&n-'der-&-lE/ adverb

Being a legend really has nothing to do with talent, unfortunate as that may be. :duff

Oh, and Fritz, that picture of Liberace made me cry. Thanks :lol

Dusty, your dictionary seems to be broken! Kaputt! Try mine:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legendary

btw, this is not a battlefield, is it? Just a little cosy place where people get together to exchange their thoughts!

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But, I dug this up for one main reason.

To show that there was alot of interest in the Musicians Line.

What happened? No more announcements? Is it because of the Elvis debacle?

I still want the BEATLES in p.f.

Is this line officially dead or what?

What gives Sideshow?

Back