Legendary Musicians Line from Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creecher said:
Do not pick a bands worst song to reflect their musical status. There are Hendrix songs that I have never heard and don't care to either. Musicians are legendary due to their popularity. That is obtained by writing a song, whether you like it or not, and it being popular enough to sell.

You could say marketing is what makes any musician popular. A showman is therefore easier to market. The recording medium, whether it be vinyl, tape or cd, relies soley on the musical aspects of the artist. When I look back, it is usually that I have heard an artist, rather than seen an artist. I come from a time when video clips were a rarity. Even though times change, it is the music most fans will have the strongest memories of.

Kiss have many hit singles that will stand the test of time. Songs that rock out. What I suggest is, anyone who has an opinion post a SMALL pic of their favourite artist and how they would like Sideshow to pose it. For example, I don't want Hendrix with his tongue hanging out. I will post something later when I have time. Thanks for the discussion Hells ol buddy ol friend ol pal. I do have strong feelings on music.

Please, could anyone using the quote facility delete the irrelevant, just the pertinant points would suffice.

Buffanatic, Dusty has told us there will be 12 inch figures available also, who knows they may even do marquettes, someone else mentioned that Kiss will appear later in 1/6th scale too.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Oh, and thanks for the kind dismissal. You're a real treat to talk to. :rotfl

Not every single one of KISS' songs are classic, but many of them are. Lets see, in no particular order ya got "Rock 'N Roll All Night", Detroit Rock City", "Beth", "Love Gun", "Strutter", "Deuce", "Hotter Than Hell", "Parasite", "Black Diamond", "Lick It Up", "Cold Gin", "Shock Me", "Rock Bottom", "God of Thunder", "Shout It Out Loud", "Do You Love Me?", "Forever", "Got To Choose", "Heaven's On Fire", "Calling Dr Love", "Hard Luck Woman", "Creatures of the Night", "I Love It Loud", "Tears Are Falling", "Crazy Crazy Nights", "C'Mon And Love Me", "I Was Made For Lovin' You", "Shandi", "Psycho Circus", etc, etc, etc. Maybe not every one is to your liking, but they have and incredibly impressive body of work over 30+ years.

I will agree that their superb showmanship and theatrics were critical to their success, but Gene and Paul (and to a lesser extent, Ace and Peter) worked their a$$es off to get where they are. And they wrote the vast majority of their songs THEMSELVES, unlike many artists, who either need massive songwriting help or stick to interpreting other artist's songs primarily. As a 30-year Kiss fan, I couldn't care less if they get the acclaim that other artists of their generation do; I admire 'em because , for those 30+ years, they've always appreciated the fact that without their fans, they wouldn't be where they are today. They have a connection with their fans that not many other musicians care to foster. For that reason, their merchandise will always sell, and I'll be surprised if these PFs aren't a major success.

creecher said:
Buffanatic, Dusty has told us there will be 12 inch figures available also, who knows they may even do marquettes, someone else mentioned that Kiss will appear later in 1/6th scale too.

ACK! Just to clear things up a little, I didn't say there WILL be 12-inch figs. If I said anything I probably just said that who knows what the future may bring (like I always say!) :duff

BTW, Creech, I agree with what you're saying. Unfortunately (or mabye fortunately), music and what makes a musician legendary is a HUGE matter of opinion, and everyone feels very passionately about their favorite musicians. So this line is bound to spark controversy and argument - as long as it's kept civil, I find it all very enlightening!

Last edited:
This thread has become pointless far sooner than I thought. Don't tell me which musician is "legendary" or "important" or whatever, unless you can scientifically prove it. Les goûts et les couleurs, ça se discute pas.

Hells of Iron said:
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Oh, and thanks for the kind dismissal. You're a real treat to talk to. :rotfl
I have no idea what you are talking about now. If you don't explain yourself, only you will know. Why quote the lot? What dismissal?

Sorry Dusty. I did post in error. I meant to say you said something along the lines of other formats would be forthcoming, and now I can't be sure you even insinuated it. :lol The latter part about the 1/6th scale Kiss figures was what someone else heard on the grapevine or rumoured.

Controversy, argument, opinions, discussion. It's a board. Go for it, or lurk in peace. :peace

The one PF I would pay for sight unseen in this line would be Jimi Hendrix. So what do people want from Sideshow in relation to this figure? We know there is no pleasing everyone.

Jimi played a number of different guitars. Do we want a PF with a guitar for Hendrix, and if so which one? What colour strat? An explorer or a Les Paul? Most likely a strat.

He wore a number of colourful costumes. Which one is the most iconic?

Does he need to have his eyes open or shut? His mouth took on many distortions whilst playing. Open, closed, pouting, tongue flicking out.

The pose. On the ground. Guitar behind the head. Over the neck right hand fingering. Hand saluting, playing or held head height in a kind of wave. If saluting, I would rather a more closed hand than the peace sign.

I have included two pics without a guitar. In the end I would be pleased with the first image. With a guitar, I would be happy with the third pic. I have included some extra images and will need to post again to include them.

What say you?

Last edited:
I already have McStatue of the third pic. It kicks ass! Id buy Jimi in 1/6th Scale, but not PF.

*Edit The third pic from your first set of pics.

Last edited:
Jimi at Woodstock with his white Strat is the most iconic for me. He would need to come with a guitar.

The black-and-white photo fourth from left in the second set from Creecher would be my choice for a Hendrix PF. I remember that photo from Rolling Stone, way back when it was Rolling Stone.

And the fact that it's black and white would let the creative team be creative.

Thats a good pick Gruff. It would make a good silver screen type version. The more opinions the merrier. It can only lead to a better Sideshow product. I never thought I'd be all that interested in a B & W PF. Thanks for that Old Bear.

Now you're speakin' my language Creech! I'd be all over a Hendrix PF. Maybe some of these as well:

514649_356x237.jpg

petty2.jpg

dylanchesssmall.gif

Keith-Richards-Refuses-To-be-Johnny-Depp-s-Dad-2.jpg

And of course, the ultimate-

beatles-half-faces.jpg

Beatles_06.jpg

Um, actually, by letting the creative team be creative I meant, figuring out what colors to use. I'm not into the Silver Screen thing.

And I'm deeply disappointed to learn that Andy's not ALREADY sculpting the Beatles...but I'd grab most of what he's suggested if he's the one who sculpts it. Woohoo!

I'll be very surprised to see the Beatles get done. From what I understand, getting the likeness of them as a group is next to impossible. If it does happen, I wouldn't think twice about ordering them.

I would love love love love to see the Beatles. At least 2, maybe 3 different ways. One from the Hard Day's Night era, one from the White Album era, and one in Sgt. Pepper's costumes. The Beatles are to rock/pop music what Star Wars is to fantasy movies, IMO.

images-3.jpg

Last edited:
Dusty, do you have any knowledge of Beatles licensing? I heard the reason McFarlane only did animated figures was because they couldn't obtain the rights for the real-life likeness.

Back