Legendary Musicians Line from Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be very intrested in figures of,
The Beatles (1st Ed Sullivan Show appearance)
The Beatles (Sgt Pepper cover)
Noel & Liam Gallagher
David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust
Eric Clapton
Jimi Hendrix
The Rolling Stones
Aerosmith

Last edited:
My dad who is a HUGE Kiss fan, just looked on one of his Kiss sites and they have an announcement of the 1/4 figures (same as what Sideshow has shown us) and said that there is a possiblility that there will be 12" figures as well!

Yeah, for me all the air has gone right out of this line. I was noticing how this thread had gone quiet.

There's a very cool new garage kit depicting Muddy Waters and Eric Clapton playing together, sculpted by Jeff Yagher. The new Amazing Figure Modeler magazine is all about musician kits (okay, Kiss fans: Gene Simmons is on the cover in full Destroyer regalia). And despite the negatives posted here about NECA's upcoming Kurt Cobain, there are suddenly a slew of 7-inch rock figures that look pretty good. Between McFarlane and NECA, and the garage kit industry...there are single or dual or sometimes multiple available renditions of Hendrix, Elvis, all four of the Beatles, some of the Stones, Chuck Berry, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Frank Zappa, Johnny Cash, Jim Morrison, Stevie Ray Vaughan, in various scales. The action figures aren't articulated, so the figures, models, and Sideshow's PF line are all primarily portrait statues made of plastic or resin or mixed media, ready to display or needing assembly and paint.

So Sideshow's bitten off a real challenge here, at the high price point. Yeah, I'd say they need to make a wonderful contrasting announcement sometime soon, because there's real competition for the attention of collectors with a hankering for musician tributes.

The only figures I would be interested in buying from this line would be: The Beatles from The Ed Sullivan show and Sgt. Peppers album cover.

Anyone who says U2 or Bono should be beaten, tortured and shot, just my 2 cents. Personally the only SS musical legend I could see myself buying is Kurt Cobain sitting down doing something acoustic. Otherwise this whole musical legends line is gonna suck for me.

HeraldElrond said:
Anyone who says U2 or Bono should be beaten, tortured and shot, just my 2 cents. Personally the only SS musical legend I could see myself buying is Kurt Cobain sitting down doing something acoustic. Otherwise this whole musical legends line is gonna suck for me.
U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2

It's funny you should use "Kurt Cobain" and "shot" in the same post.

Morgan the Raider said:
Ace and Peter look perfect. Gene looks okay and Paul is way off.

I'm a huge KISS fan, but I don't think I'll go for these.

Agreed....Paul looks like he is getting ready to blow a buble.....but as Luke proved, It is impossible to judge these by the pics...have to wait and see some fan review from SDCC..

So I see a "Legendary Showmen" line, but still nothing about "Legendary MUSICIANS". All I see is $$$$$.

Showmanship and music are two different entities.

Where are the MUSICIANS?

You're pushing it now HoI. To say Kiss have not made an impact as musicians is just plain and simple, sad denial. I can understand you may not like them, but you arent doing yourself any favours dissing them like that.

You see $$$$. That is good, because without those $$$$ there isn't likely to be any legs in the line, so they can make whomever lesser known, and more unlikely to be made, musician we can and have come up with.

I don't particularly like Kiss and I wont be picking up any PF's. Give me 12 inches and I would buy them. I just hope that these sell and Sideshow handle the line carefully enough for us to see a whole assortment of musicians for years to come. Just like those you mentioned previously. Afterall, Sideshow are just responding to the number of requests over the past few years, for a line like this, and they have to start somewhere and recouperate some of the initial outlay.

It seems to me it is just pent up frustration talking. It has barely been announced that this line was to exist. Already four figures are up for pre-order. I hope that this line becomes a slow release so that I can save for one or two of my faves somewhere down the track, because there are sure to be more licenses gained and a plethora of product to aspire to. There is plenty of time and not enough dollars for me. That is unfortunate. I too would like to have plenty of dollars and want the stuff now.

I look at it this way. Sideshow have a greater range of product than before, and already have saved me a grand. In the future I hope to complain about the force required to make me open my wallet. :peace At that time I hope you will slap me in the face and call on me to buck up.

I only collect Uni Monster PF's. I can see Sideshow breaking my pattern with a Jimi James in regalia and with a right handed strat with wear marks in all the right places. Now Sideshow, if you are listening. I will give you the money for one right now if you promise you are planning to make one. I only want it all back if it doesn't eventuate.

Does anybody know if the " Legendary Musician's Lounge" is gonna be all PF figures? Or a mix, with 12" figs. as well? I can't justify spending the money for PF's, when I can get anywhere from 4 to 6 one foot tall ones for what you pay for some of the PFs. If I could afford to do both, I'd have ordered the Graboid maquette in a heartbeat! :drool Any insider info on this?

creecher said:
You're pushing it now HoI. To say Kiss have not made an impact as musicians is just plain and simple, sad denial. I can understand you may not like them, but you arent doing yourself any favours dissing them like that.

You see $$$$. That is good, because without those $$$$ there isn't likely to be any legs in the line, so they can make whomever lesser known, and more unlikely to be made, musician we can and have come up with.

I don't particularly like Kiss and I wont be picking up any PF's. Give me 12 inches and I would buy them. I just hope that these sell and Sideshow handle the line carefully enough for us to see a whole assortment of musicians for years to come. Just like those you mentioned previously. Afterall, Sideshow are just responding to the number of requests over the past few years, for a line like this, and they have to start somewhere and recouperate some of the initial outlay.

It seems to me it is just pent up frustration talking. It has barely been announced that this line was to exist. Already four figures are up for pre-order. I hope that this line becomes a slow release so that I can save for one or two of my faves somewhere down the track, because there are sure to be more licenses gained and a plethora of product to aspire to. There is plenty of time and not enough dollars for me. That is unfortunate. I too would like to have plenty of dollars and want the stuff now.

I look at it this way. Sideshow have a greater range of product than before, and already have saved me a grand. In the future I hope to complain about the force required to make me open my wallet. :peace At that time I hope you will slap me in the face and call on me to buck up.

I only collect Uni Monster PF's. I can see Sideshow breaking my pattern with a Jimi James in regalia and with a right handed strat with wear marks in all the right places. Now Sideshow, if you are listening. I will give you the money for one right now if you promise you are planning to make one. I only want it all back if it doesn't eventuate.

Wow. Talk about pent up frustration. :monkey5

As I stated, Kiss are Legendary Showmen, and for that fact they will stand the test of time. Musically? Nope, sorry. If it weren't for the way they marketed themselves, they would be currently residing along with Spinal Tap in the "Where are they Now" file.
As for Jimi, he was a grand showman, with his guitar antics. But when it came right down to it, he could play, and he could write. He was a Legendary Musician. He was all about music when you took away the show.

And just so you know, Kiss were the first band I ever liked. That was probably 1978 or thereabouts. I still have my vinyl copies of Love Gun and Genes solo. I love a good flash pot, fire, smoke, blood and lights, but what I really love is good music. Music that stands the test of time. Gene singing "When You Wish Upon a Star" will not. :D

Do not pick a bands worst song to reflect their musical status. There are Hendrix songs that I have never heard and don't care to either. Musicians are legendary due to their popularity. That is obtained by writing a song, whether you like it or not, and it being popular enough to sell.

You could say marketing is what makes any musician popular. A showman is therefore easier to market. The recording medium, whether it be vinyl, tape or cd, relies soley on the musical aspects of the artist. When I look back, it is usually that I have heard an artist, rather than seen an artist. I come from a time when video clips were a rarity. Even though times change, it is the music most fans will have the strongest memories of.

Kiss have many hit singles that will stand the test of time. Songs that rock out. What I suggest is, anyone who has an opinion post a SMALL pic of their favourite artist and how they would like Sideshow to pose it. For example, I don't want Hendrix with his tongue hanging out. I will post something later when I have time. Thanks for the discussion Hells ol buddy ol friend ol pal. I do have strong feelings on music.

Please, could anyone using the quote facility delete the irrelevant, just the pertinant points would suffice.

Buffanatic, Dusty has told us there will be 12 inch figures available also, who knows they may even do marquettes, someone else mentioned that Kiss will appear later in 1/6th scale too.

What it comes down to is taste, I might not think that Kiss is legendary but some do and some don't. It just your personal taste.

......So anyway were's my Johnny Cash 1/4!:maul

Back