LED strip lights faded?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt83

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've got the besta combo units and fitted them the led strip lights - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00119419/. I did buy a couple of sets from different shops other than ikea but they all matched and were fine. Then when I needed more room I bought another besta and some more lights and couldn't believe how much the first sets had faded and were nowhere near as bright as the new ones. I bought the first sets no more than 18 months ago, I didn't think they were meant to fade so soon? Does anybody else have this problem? I've added a picture which come up on its side for some reason but you can clearly see the ones which are new at the far right?

Last edited:
It's not likely due to the LEDs fading at all. It sounds like you're just looking at different batches and models of product which are not made with the same LEDs and/or other components like resistors.

Also, if you have them connected all in one long series, you may be experiencing voltage drop toward the end which will cause those LEDs to be dimmer.

Back