LED lights in figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villainsfan42

Super Freak
Reaction score
just randomly wondering, how would you attempt to insert LED lights into a figure's head, hands, and/or chest?:confused:

how do you wire it, how do you get it in, where could you get the lights from, and how do you make a switch which is really small?:confused:

knowing this would help me greatly with customs i want to do...:naughty

thank you to whoever answers.:D

www.maplins.co.uk

Use the search facility (search customs forum) for led, lights, etc

Ive seen a few posts on how to wire things up etc, and Ive dabbled myself

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27352&page=2&highlight=custom+octopus

moondococ01.jpg

That's one hella Do Ock fig. I didnt realies SSC made one and if its a custom then its hella good!

it is a custom he made...and a beautiful one too:D

but still, what size bulbs did you get? what are they called? where did you get them, and do they come in white?

You can get 2mm and 3mm white LEDs. I bought some 2mm ones from a model railway online store in the UK, to put in the Aliens USCM shoulder lamps. I haven't found any suitable small switches yet though.

You can get 2mm and 3mm white LEDs. I bought some 2mm ones from a model railway online store in the UK, to put in the Aliens USCM shoulder lamps. I haven't found any suitable small switches yet though.

would that work as a replacement for the iron man hand peg?

what would work for ironman's chest?

You seem to be re-inventing the wheel if you want a fantastic Ironman with lights might I suggest :

lights+on.jpg

You can pick one of these up on the bay for about £100 - £150 possibly less (if your very lucky)

Its by far one of the best figures available

That's one hella Do Ock fig. I didnt realies SSC made one and if its a custom then its hella good!

Why thank you, much appreciated

You seem to be re-inventing the wheel if you want a fantastic Ironman with lights might I suggest :

lights+on.jpg

You can pick one of these up on the bay for about £100 - £150 possibly less (if your very lucky)

Its by far one of the best figures available

i know it is. i have it. i want to make a custom with lights that is somewhat similar, and i just wanted to know how i would have to attempt it. i also want to make a sonar batman with led lights in his head, but i don' know how to do so, so i thought i would ask.

Hmm. I can't think how you would fit an LED in a figures hand. You really need a hollow space behind a hole or lens, to fit the LED and wires. Even bending or cutting the legs of the LED right down, it's still about 5mm (or more) deep. Another option might be endglow fiber optic cable, but I've never really looked into it, (if you'll forgive the pun).

p.s. A useful link re using LEDs: https://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~dh1/trains/techniques/Lamps for Models.pdf

Hmm. I can't think how you would fit an LED in a figures hand. You really need a hollow space behind a hole or lens, to fit the LED and wires. Even bending or cutting the legs of the LED right down, it's still about 5mm (or more) deep. Another option might be endglow fiber optic cable, but I've never really looked into it, (if you'll forgive the pun).

p.s. A useful link re using LEDs: https://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~dh1/trains/techniques/Lamps for Models.pdf

fibre optics might be an option also

Optx do a fibre optx line, although there cathode tubes need a transformer boxy thingy diddly thing in the circuit

I know I get too technical and specific some times :rolleyes:

Back