Leave Bruce Lee to ENTERBAY or CINEMAQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must respectfully disagree. It's not like HT is a company like EB with only a limited number of announced figures on the horizon. Predators, Iron Man 2, T2 (and possible T1), Expendables, Platoon, Inglourious Basterds, Blade, Resident Evil, Avatar, Ghostrider, Spider-Man, X-Men, Tron, Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans....and the list goes on. This is one figure - and HT has not shown any signs of slowing down in their pursuit of diverse licenses and different product lines. I think HT has the resources to pursue more niche lines and properties and yet still produce the more iconic properties. HT is probably the most prolific 1/6 maker out there right now (more so IMO than Sideshow, any of the military makers, EB, Medicom, etc.).

Also, HT is a HK company, and Bruce Lee is still revered there (as well as Japan, evidently HT's #1 market) (if you're in HK, go check out his statue!). Not to mention that it is the 70th anniversary of his b-day. As Vareika pointed out, this project could really be one that hits close to the heart for HT's artists - a real project borne from passion. Let's not denigrate it just because we don't share the same passion.

As for business etiquette, I don't think capitalism and a free market work without competition - which often entails imitation and directly competing products, which ultimately benefits the consumer. Using the Godfather figure as an example, I think most people agree that HT and EB really stepped up their efforts to make fantastic figures and we, the collectors, reaped the rewards.

Just my thoughts.

Word, bro :)

i have to agree with JEDSTER here guys. everyone says "stop whining" but he didn't want a Superman like loads of other ppl wanted. i know him personally and trust me, he is strictly a BATMAN only guy. he has not one single superman item in his collection that I've seen. i think all of ya'll are missing the point of him posting this thread. it's just about the fact that this really could have been a better and more anticipated figure. i had yet to see any post on the Hot Toys page saying "please give us Bruce Lee Hot Toys"...they were mostly for Avatar, BD T-800 and obviously CR Superman. Hot toys said it was highly anticipated for years and all the clues led to CR Superman except for the part in a post saying something regarding "body art artist." they should've said, that it was highly anticipated by them as a company. so everyone needs to get off his case about being whiny, b/c that's isn't the point of this thread.
I feel deceived honestly b/c hot toys made it out to be a fans dream, but instead it turned out to be a personal Hot Toys project, which doesn't bother me if it's something close to home for them. but all the hype for it said differently

BLE (Bruce Lee Enterprise) owns the rights to BL run by Shannon Lee.

BLE go where the money is (and that is not always a good thing), could this mean EB has lost licence, who knows.

This is my take....

Leave Bruce Lee to Enterbay

:goodpost:

Bit of a joke isn't it.

Oh, and well said Gipetto. :rock

it really is. when i saw the pic i was like :horror b/c it just didn't look right. the BD one looks pretty cool I'm not gonna lie but the regular just doesn't look like the same guy. a look alike at best. definite waste to me

BLE go where the money is (and that is not always a good thing), could this mean EB has lost licence, who knows.
y

I do find that unlikely and I hope that's not the case.

Damn , I don't mind hot toys competing with the competition but destroying them. :monkey1

it really is. when i saw the pic i was like :horror b/c it just didn't look right. the BD one looks pretty cool I'm not gonna lie but the regular just doesn't look like the same guy. a look alike at best. definite waste to me

I think the regular looks much more like Bruce Lee than the BD.

I do find that unlikely and I hope that's not the case.

QUOTE]

It is the case and its the view of many people I know connected to the BL world, BLE is run by Shannon but she is ill advised half the time by some numwits.

I meant I hope it's not the case that Enterbay have lost the license.
Surely hot toys wouldn't even attempt to push Enterbay out of the picture , they should know many of their fans are also fans of Enterbay.

I meant I hope it's not the case that Enterbay have lost the license.
Surely hot toys wouldn't even attempt to push Enterbay out of the picture , they should know many of their fans are also fans of Enterbay.

You'd think they would know better, but that is all this looks like to me.

We have an amazing BL in this form already, so why does HT go and make it?

BLE (Bruce Lee Enterprise) owns the rights to BL run by Shannon Lee.

This is my take....

Leave Bruce Lee to Enterbay

actually, leave Bruce Lee to Arnie Kim.

It is the case and its the view of many people I know connected to the BL world, BLE is run by Shannon but she is ill advised half the time by some numwits.

how is giving the license to HT an ill advise? as much as I hate the fact that its going to be mass produced to death, honestly speaking its just fair competition I guess.

HT wants a piece of the action that EB has been getting for a while now, and they dont even limit it. More power to them I guess :dunno

Ill advised half of the time I said, it's like who wants to by a Bruce Lee lampshade they have for sale!!

I dont mind it at all, 1:6 figures dont really look good 'naked' as you can see all the joints, but this aint too bad.
At least its cheaper then the enterbay stuff right? how much are those enterbay enter the dragon versions going for now? Its ridiculous.
Cinemaquette had the right concept going when the did bruce, but totally stuffed up the likeness.
this looks ok to me and ill probably get it...

enterbay's bruce lee HS is PERFECT!! but hot toys, i hardly see the bruce lee in it

enterbay's bruce lee HS is PERFECT!! but hot toys, i hardly see the bruce lee in it
39360_415467617343_58690437343_5080623_1765117_n.jpg

.... Really?

Back