Leatherface Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying the Mcfarlane sculpt is bad. It's pretty good for a mass produced, $50 figure...or however much it cost when released. As much as I don't care for the face on this PF, it still blows Mcfarlanes out of the water.

I disagree, screen accuracy in particular to his face is what makes a statue of this character special. TCM is one of those iconic horror films that should never have gotten sequels like JAWS, Halloween, and the Exorcist. McFarlane's headsculpt is what really blows sideshow's leatherface out of the water. Sideshow's Leatherface looks too skinny as well. McFarlane actually captures the way he looked in the film. Not only that, but when you look at McFarlane's Leatherface, it actually looks like a heavy piece, whereas to sideshow, sideshow just doesn't have that over look of size and mass that made leatherface menacing.

The face is what matters most about this version of leatherface, it's a shame sideshow deviated from keeping it accurate. The same goes for the Michael Myers, if they were to do a statue of him, it would have to be based off the mask from the first film.

I disagree, screen accuracy in particular to his face is what makes a statue of this character special. TCM is one of those iconic horror films that should never have gotten sequels like JAWS, Halloween, and the Exorcist. McFarlane's headsculpt is what really blows sideshow's leatherface out of the water. Sideshow's Leatherface looks too skinny as well. McFarlane actually captures the way he looked in the film. Not only that, but when you look at McFarlane's Leatherface, it actually looks like a heavy piece, whereas to sideshow, sideshow just doesn't have that over look of size and mass that made leatherface menacing.

The face is what matters most about this version of leatherface, it's a shame sideshow deviated from keeping it accurate. The same goes for the Michael Myers, if they were to do a statue of him, it would have to be based off the mask from the first film.

I agree 100%
As much as i love(and collect) statues, mcfarlane figure is more accurate at both, body type and face. It's hard to resist in this pf but the truth is in front of you!

Leatherface1.jpg

Leatherface2.jpg

Leatherface in TCM is a big, beefy, sloppy hick. Those arms on the PF look like they came from a Superman figure. The overall look is just not grimy enough - you can tell the Sideshow folks are all from California :lol

Will definitely be getting this. Even with its few film accuracy imperfections I much prefer the look and pose to the first woman mask Leatherface PF (what's with that frizzy cheap doll hair?). Need him to go with my Freddy and Jason 1/4s, and fat chance of there being another one.

Leatherface in TCM is a big, beefy, sloppy hick. Those arms on the PF look like they came from a Superman figure. The overall look is just not grimy enough - you can tell the Sideshow folks are all from California :lol

I agree, way too clean looking. Colors are too bright and the pics of the face/body look bland - like it could be from any ol' plastic figure.

Will definitely be getting this. Even with its few film accuracy imperfections I much prefer the look and pose to the first woman mask Leatherface PF (what's with that frizzy cheap doll hair?). Need him to go with my Freddy and Jason 1/4s, and fat chance of there being another one.

A comment like this clearly shows you know nothing. Have you actually seen the pretty woman statue in person? hair is fine, pose is ****en awesome.

Clearly you dont have it and thats why you're bagging it out. to date, its still one of sideshows best statues.

To say that this is better than the pretty woman shows you have very bad taste.

This statue is nothing like leatherface

A comment like this clearly shows you know nothing. Have you actually seen the pretty woman statue in person? hair is fine, pose is ****en awesome.

Clearly you dont have it and thats why you're bagging it out. to date, its still one of sideshows best statues.

I my self hate the pretty women cause I hate doll hair. I much prefer sculpted hair. Even new prime one wonder women. I hate her hair. Only ecc hulk looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I my self hate the pretty women cause I hate doll hair. I much prefer sculpted hair. Even new prime one wonder women. I hate her hair. Only ecc hulk looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, thats a surprise! i hate sculpted hair, makes everything look cheap.

To me, sculpted hair is like sculpted clothing, looks terrible.

I actually dont mind the "doll hair" on the pretty woman. It actually looks pretty good. I would hate to see what it would have looked like with sculpted hair

Firstly, yes I have seen it as a friend of mine owns it. Secondly, I never said I thought this PF was film accurate, and thirdly I never said this was "better". It's a matter of preference and what look of a character you prefer. I actually consider myself to have exceptionally good taste haha, er-go, cheap frizzy doll hair is, just that, cheap frizzy doll hair. I'm not saying the build of the first Leatherface PF, and pose, isn't true to the character, but the woman look of leatherface is not my favourite, the sledgehammer scene where we first see him with the yellow apron is. Given I collect 1/4 scale, this is the best/only that we are going to get of this look from SS. "Real" hair is generally better than sculpted if done well. Something sideshow rarely seems able to do with their PFs, the first Leatherface PF included.

Last edited:
The pretty woman from SS is the best. I have not seen it in person, but the body and pose is darn good. The rooted hair was/is the best choice. It`s screen accurate. It wasn`t leatherface`s own hair and he sure don`t care about combing it.

Pre-order starts next Thursday, Sept. 22nd and then just a short 1 to 1 1/2 year wait for delivery:)

Back