Leatherface Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could it be the paint that is causing the issues for some people or is it a mixture of both the sculpt and paint? It looks a bit... 'bland', especially the mask. Sideshow can struggle with their painting capabilites as we all know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think it looks terrific, although I think the head sculpt is more suggestive of the TCM2 look than the original.

Still, it's terrific. :)

Overall a nice statue with iconic pose. BUT: Mask is totally off. Looks like a kid's Halloween mask, not an unskinned face.
Plus, his body/movement looks more thin and muscular than fat and heavy.

It was said on another forum .That the paint is not 100% done on this yet . That they are still working on it but showed it as is to get it out there for the monster show . So more paint alterations are coming . Which BTW I am very happy about .

Eh, I'm pretty happy with this. If they can't get the hair more spot on using mixed media than sculpted is better. The black fuzz on the first Leatherface PF looked ridiculous and like something you'd see on a cheap Barbie doll. The base detail is good, with the house, peep hole and meat hook scene etc etc. Good pose. Could be maybe a touch more blood on the apron, and maybe a bit more mask tweaking. All-in-all, a good Leatherface. I'm in. Just a shame it's probably, what, two more years away? Lol

Eh, I'm pretty happy with this. If they can't get the hair more spot on using mixed media than sculpted is better. The black fuzz on the first Leatherface PF looked ridiculous and like something you'd see on a cheap Barbie doll. The base detail is good, with the house, peep hole and meat hook scene etc etc. Good pose. Could be maybe a touch more blood on the apron, and maybe a bit more mask tweaking. All-in-all, a good Leatherface. I'm in. Just a shame it's probably, what, two more years away? Lol

I think it looks very good too but I'm getting frustrated with these increasingly long wait times. I guessing this will go up for pre-order in October with estimated ship of Oct.-Dec. 2017. Delivery timeframe will slip, as usual, to mid 2018 at the earliest. So, yes, you are right...this is two more years away at best.

I've had the Jason PF on pre-order for coming up on a year now. It's scheduled for delivery in the third quarter of this year but wouldn't be surprised if it slips into 2017. Oh, and I don't subscribe to theory that that because they are taking more time, customers are getting better QC and better products. It's still a crapshoot no matter how long you wait.

Everything looks cool but the mask really sucks. Very disappointing. I think the reason being they have implemented the "frown / angry eyebrows into the mask. It is a mask, a skinned face. Translating facial expressions ( angry pointed down eyebrows) just does NOT work.

preview_LeatherfacePF-1.jpg

Nice. Any word on preorder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we see this at SDCC, expect pre-orders to come up very soon. Already we are seeing little hints at the piece on their previews, so I would expect the pre-orders to be released probably 2017

Yeah that's exactly it Deaddog. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with it just that it didn't look right but yeah it's the angry eyebrows. Maybe there's another head

I guess I'm a troll then because Neca was the first thing I thought when I saw this. SS is getting better with leather clothing, it's too bad they can't make a better leather face. From the neck down this piece is great though. I wish his shirt was a little dirtier or grimier. The base is really cool even if they used the same idea as Jason. These bases will be a great way to tie all the horror statues together. The original Leatherface PF still blows this one away and will continue to be a saught after piece. All that being said...this is still a day one order for me.

looking at it now it would of been cool if they used translucent resin on the mask and it sit over the sculpted head underneath

I still think to this day that the best rendition of this look of Leatherface is of McFarlane's 18 Inch Leatherface. His leatherface really captured the illusion of weight and mass the character embodies. and face was just right it didin't look too much like a corpse smile. This sideshow statue is pretty disappointing.

I'm not saying the Mcfarlane sculpt is bad. It's pretty good for a mass produced, $50 figure...or however much it cost when released. As much as I don't care for the face on this PF, it still blows Mcfarlanes out of the water.

Back