LAM TiVo/VCR Alert!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched Freaks, Devil Dolls, and LAM.

LAM was awesome. I enjoyed it a lot. I just wish it was the actual movie, but now at least I have a pretty good idea what it was about.

Thanks for the heads up!

:rock

I watched Freaks, Devil Dolls, and LAM.

LAM was awesome. I enjoyed it a lot. I just wish it was the actual movie, but now at least I have a pretty good idea what it was about.

Thanks for the heads up!

:rock

I keep hoping a print of the original turns up eventually. I keep hearing rumors that somebody in Canada supposedly has a copy. No idea if they are true.

I missed Mark of the Vampire, but have it on reserve at the library. Was the Vampire make up in it? If not, somebody, who cares for the original Lon Chaney makeup and performance, should remake the film like the original (black and white, silent, etc). Its a shame such a brilliant make-up monster film is "lost."

Also, my horror film class watches the Haunting next month :rock
If anyone cares, our film list:

-Lon Chaney Phantom
-Horror of Dracula (Lee, Hammer)
-Black Sunday
-Bride of Frankenstein
-Cat People
-I Walked with a Zombie
-The Haunting (original)
-Rosemary's Baby
The Pit and the Pendulum (Vincent Price)

I haven't seen most on that list, but if we are studying them, they must be good.

Rosemary's Baby is interesting since, not only was it filmed in John Lennon's apartment house he was shot at, but a lot of the interior shots were in the apartment he eventually moved into.

:lecture

Rosemary's Baby is interesting since, not only was it filmed in John Lennon's apartment house he was shot at, but a lot of the interior shots were in the apartment he eventually moved into.

:lecture

do what? you gotta explain that further....

Rosemary's Baby is creepy as ***** and will always be at the top of my horror list.
Never heard that before.

I just watched Cat People and The Pit and the Pendulum on TCM a couple of weeks ago. And the Horror of Dracula is one of my favorite Hammer films.

do what? you gotta explain that further....

Rosemary's Baby is creepy as ***** and will always be at the top of my horror list.
Never heard that before.

Its was filmed in the Dakota apartment building were John was shot.

Here is a film still.. This is where John was shot:

dakota_entrance_rosemary.jpg

lennon%20large.jpg

so when you say "The apt he was shot at" & then "the apt he eventually moved into" .. are you talking about the same apt?

.. the "but" there threw me off ...

Sounds like I'm going to have a great last half of the semester then! (First half of this class was Sci-Fi)

Its strange how many "devil" films like Rosemary's Baby and the Exorsist seem to be cursed, jinxed, or other stange connections, etc.

Sounds like I'm going to have a great last half of the semester then! (First half of this class was Sci-Fi)

Its strange how many "devil" films like Rosemary's Baby and the Exorsist seem to be cursed, jinxed, or other stange connections, etc.

What sci-fi flicks did you watch?

What sci-fi flicks did you watch?

Alien (introduced the class since it is BOTH)
Metropolis
Trip to the Moon
Forbidden Planet
Sleeper
Dark Star
The Ghost in the Shell
2001: A Space Odyessy

And one more.

Oh what movie was that?

Now I remember...

Bladerunner (Directors Cut) You asked specifically just for this film right? :D

Sounds like an excellent class! :lol

Pretty cool that you got to watch Dark Star too. With the exception of Trip to the Moon, I have all of those movies on DVD.

Sounds like an excellent class! :lol

Pretty cool that you got to watch Dark Star too. With the exception of Trip to the Moon, I have all of those movies on DVD.

Yeah Dark Star was interesting. I watched the original student film version that was only an hour long, so we had a double feature that night and watched Sleeper as well.

It has been an awesome class. Last week we had organist Blane Gale from the Organ Loft (Pix probably knows that I'm talking about) accompany the Phantom for us, which was basically a dress rehearsal for him, but awesome nonetheless.

It is almost a "Sideshow selection of films!"

-Phantom of the Opera
-Bride of Frankenstein
-Forbidden Planet (Robby the Robot)
-Alien
etc

Heck, I could probably count posting here as research! :lol

Back