Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am legitimately frightened I will be priced out of the market on these collectibles. Which sucks big time.

Definitely want the Ren PF after seeing the movie, BB8 as well if SS make him, which I'm sure they will. Rey was an awesome character but it will depend if SS can pull of her likeness if I buy her or not

Definitely want the Ren PF after seeing the movie, BB8 as well if SS make him, which I'm sure they will. Rey was an awesome character but it will depend if SS can pull of her likeness if I buy her or not

I hope they don't go for likeness to be honest. I really liked the preview of the XM Luke because it looked nothing like him. It matches his description and we instantly knew who it was... But I didn't have mark Hamil sitting on the shelf

I hope they don't go for likeness to be honest. I really liked the preview of the XM Luke because it looked nothing like him. It matches his description and we instantly knew who it was... But I didn't have mark Hamil sitting on the shelf

Mark Hamil is Luke Skywalker. I'm not sure many people would want a statue of a character that doesn't look like the actor that played them?

Mark Hamil is Luke Skywalker. I'm not sure many people would want a statue of a character that doesn't look like the actor that played them?

0e12f886d4734bf08f3303830b22ba3d.jpg

I like interpretations like this.

I think what Hulk has a problem with (and quite a few collector's I know) is that SS sucks at having to replicate actual actor's faces on their PF's. Their Star Wars alien statues look MUCH better than the ones that are supposed to be a perfect replica of an actor's face. Darth Talon & Shaak Ti were artists interpretations vs ROTJ Luke PF and Leia PF, and the interpretations faces looked MILES better than those.

I dig it, I like the art style for Luke. I wouldn't mind a line that has an art style and doesn't try for true photo realistic sculpts.

I think what Hulk has a problem with (and quite a few collector's I know) is that SS sucks at having to replicate actual actor's faces on their PF's. Their Star Wars alien statues look MUCH better than the ones that are supposed to be a perfect replica of an actor's face. Darth Talon & Shaak Ti were artists interpretations vs ROTJ Luke PF and Leia PF, and the interpretations faces looked MILES better than those.

I get people wanting better representations (I often do) But actively hoping for a portrait that isn't the actors likeness is a new one on me. I doubt many people would want that kind of approach.

I understand that I am in the few. I like the idea of genuinely just representing a character. Blond hair, young, strong chin, etc. like I mentioned before, I loved the XM Luke face sculpt...

when did xm do a luke sculpt o_0?

A picture popped up a while back that disappeared after it was said to have been a very early WIP. Hopefully we'll see more, but it didn't look like mark Hamil, it looked better.

I dig it, I like the art style for Luke. I wouldn't mind a line that has an art style and doesn't try for true photo realistic sculpts.

This would never work for me.
Looking at just the face, I wouldn't be able to tell you who that is. I know it's Luke only because of the context of the entire picture (i.e. the white clothing, boots, maybe a pair of binoculars in one hand, etc).

Now, if all you showed me was this face:

esb_sketch_cards___luke_by_khinson.jpg

...I wouldn't mistake him for anyone else other than Luke Skywalker. That's why a likeness needs to be as close as possible for me, especially if I'm going to be paying PF prices.

How has recent likeness turned out for sideshow? (Honest question). Last things I heard of were iron patriot don cheatle... I'd rather have it a strong young blonde man than a kind of likeness. This is exactly why I don't like the Hulk maquette.

How has recent likeness turned out for sideshow? (Honest question). Last things I heard of were iron patriot don cheatle... I'd rather have it a strong young blonde man than a kind of likeness. This is exactly why I don't like the Hulk maquette.
I don't know. I haven't bought a Sideshow piece in years and with their current quality control issues, I'm not so eager to buy from them again.

Back