Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the lightsaber resin. I thought it was just some plastic.

resin = plastic ;)

the term Plastic is something you can use for all kind of things...

this is also plastic.. for example ..

Kitchen-Plastic-Wrap-Dispensers-Plastic-Wrap-Aluminum.jpg_350x350.jpg

Not trying to be smart ass here. Im sure the lightsaber was a combination of part A x B resin components with some translucent resin to achieve that kind of look they did... and im sure they havent dosed it right or mixed through properly on some batches

resin = plastic ;)

Not trying to be smart ass here. Im sure the lightsaber was a combination of part A x B resin components with some translucent resin to achieve that kind of look they did... and im sure they havent dosed it right or mixed through properly on some batches

exactly. Very likely it's an epoxy resin and some batches either didn't use the correct ratio of AxB or they didn't let it cure properly. Once it's set it shouldn't bend under gravity unless there is a heat related issue.

Dang I'm in a debate. I have SS Superman and Batman PF and Wonderwoman on pre-order. These in living room. I have an entire room dedicated to The Empire and have SS DV PF on order. Also have Boba Fett PF. Along with a dozen or so Stormies and 1/2 dozen 1:1 helmets. Dilemma is Kylo or WonderWoman. Wife says one or other.

Dang I'm in a debate. I have SS Superman and Batman PF and Wonderwoman on pre-order. These in living room. I have an entire room dedicated to The Empire and have SS DV PF on order. Also have Boba Fett PF. Along with a dozen or so Stormies and 1/2 dozen 1:1 helmets. Dilemma is Kylo or WonderWoman. Wife says one or other.

tough call, but it sound like 90% of your collection is focused on SW so you gotta get Kylo IMO.

resin = plastic ;)

Ooooh okay, I did not know that. I thought resin was a different type of material altogether... :rotfl

What is the best was to get rid of the horrid wrinkles from the lower outer coat panels? Mine's been sitting out for 3 days now and doesn't look like any change in the wrinkling. Why would they bunch them to hell the way they did in packing?

Otherwise I have to say this piece is incredibly solid in-person and love it overall.

One big gripe is why they chose to sew a seam along both shoulders in the cape is beyond me. It's supposed to be a wrap-around part and choosing to do it the way they did was not a great choice, but with some adjustment looks like you can conceal this.

He definitely looks a lot better in person than some of the photos taken I've seen. I say it's a must-own and one of Sideshow's best Star Wars pieces to-date.

What is the best was to get rid of the horrid wrinkles from the lower outer coat panels? Mine's been sitting out for 3 days now and doesn't look like any change in the wrinkling. Why would they bunch them to hell the way they did in packing?

Otherwise I have to say this piece is incredibly solid in-person and love it overall.

One big gripe is why they chose to sew a seam along both shoulders in the cape is beyond me. It's supposed to be a wrap-around part and choosing to do it the way they did was not a great choice, but with some adjustment looks like you can conceal this.

He definitely looks a lot better in person than some of the photos taken I've seen. I say it's a must-own and one of Sideshow's best Star Wars pieces to-date.

Try boiling some water, warming a large spoon in it and ironing out the wrinkles with it.
Fold a paper towel into a few layers and stick that behind the material you're going to iron before you start pressing with the spoon.

Mine being shipped! Hope to get Saturday cuz I'm going to Disneyland with the kiddos tomorrow thru Saturday morning.

I just received my Kylo Ren and noticed that the bottom of his outfit/clothing is completely clean. In other photos that I've seen the bottom appears "dirty" as if it's been dragged across the ground. Can you please let me know what yours look like? Try to figure out if I should request a replacement. Thanks.

I just received my Kylo Ren and noticed that the bottom of his outfit/clothing is completely clean. In other photos that I've seen the bottom appears "dirty" as if it's been dragged across the ground. Can you please let me know what yours look like? Try to figure out if I should request a replacement. Thanks.

They won't replace it for that. These are hand made and will vary paint wise and that's exactly what they'll tell you. I've had multiples of the same statues in the past of which some had weathering and others didn't. Luck of the draw. You could add some if you want it to look dirty?

Does sideshow sent replacements for the bent sabers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Kylo. Awesome. Have it in a besta with a Kylo helmet. On top of the besta I have a FO trooper helmet and two FO troopers. Now like all my other bestas I installed a LED disc light (5k) on the ceiling of the Besta. But for some reason it just doesn't look good. It doesn't light up Kylo at all. Maybe because he is all black. What are some suggestions for good lighting and location for this guy. It's almost like he needs lights shining up on him and not down. Thoughts, ideas?

Back