KOTOBUKIYA mavel statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoods77

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey freaks,

I am wanting to know if anyone has any KOTOBUKIYA marvel statues, and are they as good as Bowen quality wise? Also are they the same scale as the Bowen statues? Any info would be helpful.

Cheers

I had the same problem, since Eric/Koto makes this awesome statues.
Psylocke fits perfect, since I have her between my Bowens. Her paint job is flawless!
I saw pic´s which show Collossus next to a few Bowens. He is bigger than his rival and looks awesome to the Bowen line.

Koto's statue sculpts of X-force/Danger Room/X-Men/Iron Man/other Marvel figures are around/close to 1/7 scale (but labled as 1/6).

Koto has screwy scales.... case point:
5908466656_f1c11f31b5.jpg

Here are some pics with Bowen:
tumblr_llw70pPc0o1qcbcnjo1_500.jpg

CopyofIMG_3602.jpg

koto_thor_002.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect examples of scale, they really are a hit and miss company some pieces work really well with each other, some do not.

It depends if you're looking at ArtFX statues or Fine Art statues as well. ArtFX are 1:7 scale and made of PVC rather than polystone. I had the Mark IV Iron Man statue for a while but got rid of it because the base was so cheap and plastic-y looking. The Fine Arts are "officially" 1:6 scale and usually well sculpted, but paint quality can be a real problem. The Danger Room Psylocke and Avengers Reborn Cap statues seem to be particular offenders in that regard.

It depends if you're looking at ArtFX statues or Fine Art statues as well. ArtFX are 1:7 scale and made of PVC rather than polystone. I had the Mark IV Iron Man statue for a while but got rid of it because the base was so cheap and plastic-y looking. The Fine Arts are "officially" 1:6 scale and usually well sculpted, but paint quality can be a real problem. The Danger Room Psylocke and Avengers Reborn Cap statues seem to be particular offenders in that regard.
Starwars' related ArtFX are officially 1:7.

Marvel and DC's ArtFX are offically 1:6 ... though many are properly scaled some are not Mk.3/4/6 are such.

Danger Room/X-Force ... are closer to 1/7 in scale, officially being 1/6 (for the non-Hulking types, Colossus/Warpath being excluded).

Point: Koto's officially stated scale more often than not, is not accurate.

Last edited:
I think Kotos best products are their Bishoujo statues but the scale is kinda wonky on that one. :lol

I have an Iron Man MKIV and I've been happy with it, although I know some people tend to touch up the paint in a couple of places that should be gold. It's a touch shorter than 1:6 but it's barely noticeable when he's on the base.

I ordered the Koto Magneto. It will be my very 1st Koto piece. I plan to mix him in with my other Bowen X-MEN pieces. It should be close enough in scale. I think the Koto Magneto is the best Magneto statue I have ever seen. Sosa did an incredible job on Mags. I'm very much looking forward to this piece.

I agree the Koto Magneto looks great, especially with the no-helmet option. the reason I wanted to know about the Koto line is because I want to display the Koto Avengers Reborn Thor with the Bowen modern museum Thor. I also want to display my Bowen X-force Wolvie with the Koto X-force Deadpool. Thanks for the info guys

What do you think about the Classic Avengers line?

IMG_4173311_G.jpg

I don't have anything apart of Hot Toys, I would like to get a "comic" version of the Avengers, but I don't know if I should get Koto or Bowen.... What do you think?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfLDf5hiNqI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfLDf5hiNqI[/ame]

What do you think about the Classic Avengers line?

IMG_4173311_G.jpg

I don't have anything apart of Hot Toys, I would like to get a "comic" version of the Avengers, but I don't know if I should get Koto or Bowen.... What do you think?

I do prefer the modern avengers, but the new classic action Thor from Bowen looks great(the one where he's swinging the hammer in a circle). Does anyone on have comparisson pics of marvel Koto and Bowen, namely the statues I mentioned in an earlier post.

cheers

Hey Kenmk1, while they look awesome there, I'd be weary of the actual product. I've seen a few final Koto statues in-hand, and haven't exactly been thrilled by the finished product.

If they do nail it however, looks like a real nice set to have!

Back