Kotobukiya Leia slave in Throne environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello everyone;
Does the 1/7 scale Kotobukiya Princess Leia slave vinyl statue work with the Jabba the Hutt and his Throne Environment? Since Sideshow does not have a slave statue to accommodate the Jabba the Hutt Throne environment, is it better to use the 1/6 scale Gentle Giant slave statue or would the Kotobukiya work better? Has anyone ever taken a photo with the Kotobukiya next to Jabba and the Throne environment so I can see if it works, thanks....Mark

If one has the balls to get it off its base, the GG statue is much preferable to the Koto for the pose alone. In addition, the Koto is quite uyndersized in comparison to everything else in the throne dio.

Ive seen at least 2,

Hurricanes and 1 other Freak board mnember that have cut them off the slab

and they look superb

If I could source one cheap enough Id get one and either have a go myself or send it too Hurricane or one of the other customisers and pay them to do it for me ! (if they had the time obviously)

Here's mine, with the sculpted cloth of her outfit replaced with cloth. It is slightly undersized, but Leia wasn't a big woman. I'm reasonably satisfied with it.

jabba_leia.jpg

I am leaning toward the Kotobukiya, it looks very good in the picture, even if it is slightly undersized, especially with the real cloth replacement treatment, (I gotta figure out how to do that), that way, I would have to spend less money in the event that Sideshow puts one out and I want to replace it with that. Does the Gentile Giant statue Leia come fixed to the statue? If so, it's a shame that it doesn't just sit on the base, without the base, I would probably lean toward Gentile Giant, yet my Throne environment is pretty crowded now, with all the Included exclusive extra's sitting on it, it's good to have Leia, leaning up or next to it for my purposes.....Mark

What are you guys using for your Jawa with a leaf for your Jabba the Hutt Throne environment?, How about a Gamorrean guard? How are you attaching the ornate cup to his Jabba's hand? thanks.....Mark

What are you guys using for your Jawa with a leaf for your Jabba the Hutt Throne environment?, How about a Gamorrean guard? How are you attaching the ornate cup to his Jabba's hand? thanks.....Mark

The jawa is just a Hasbro jawa (with the light-up eyes) that I added some weathering to. The leaf's stem is a black paperclip I straightened out and the leaf itself is a paper cutout that I painted black. I don't have room for it in my setup, but the hasbro Gamorrean guard is good enough if you repaint him.

I am leaning toward the Kotobukiya, it looks very good in the picture, even if it is slightly undersized, especially with the real cloth replacement treatment, (I gotta figure out how to do that), that way, I would have to spend less money in the event that Sideshow puts one out and I want to replace it with that. Does the Gentile Giant statue Leia come fixed to the statue? If so, it's a shame that it doesn't just sit on the base, without the base, I would probably lean toward Gentile Giant, yet my Throne environment is pretty crowded now, with all the Included exclusive extra's sitting on it, it's good to have Leia, leaning up or next to it for my purposes.....Mark

The GG Leia is attached to the base but I have to say that I really like the look that the GG gives in my SS Jabba display.

Definitely pick up at least one Hasbro Gamorrean guard for your display. I also pose the Lando from Hasbro and he doesn't look too bad (well good enough until SS get around to doing him).

Ive seen at least 2,

Hurricanes and 1 other Freak board mnember that have cut them off the slab

and they look superb

If I could source one cheap enough Id get one and either have a go myself or send it too Hurricane or one of the other customisers and pay them to do it for me ! (if they had the time obviously)

anyone have any pics of the GG Leia cut of it's base? and how'd they do it?

Heres Hurricanes

Aparently it has metal pins in certain parts (hands etc) and is an absolutely bugger to do
even though Hurricanes does look superb and Ive got one, I havent taken the plunge yet

HPIM0337.jpg

HPIM0292.jpg

Heres Hurricanes

Aparently it has metal pins in certain parts (hands etc) and is an absolutely bugger to do
even though Hurricanes does look superb and Ive got one, I havent taken the plunge yet

HPIM0337.jpg

HPIM0292.jpg

wow! what the hell did he use to cut the base off? i can't imagine a saw would work.

yeah i don't know either. guess u could chip away at it gradually then use a file when u got close to her bod. kinda looks like they broke her left wrist in the pic above

Back