Statue Kotobukiya - Hulk (Classic Avengers Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. QC issues aside, this can be a nice piece. I find myself glancing over at it now & then. It might be growing on me a bit more.

& yeah, that Erick can sculpt. I want his Ice Man to get made, like ..... now :lol

Just please pay Eric and get every Jim Lee X-Men character ever lol. Nice haul.

Well, I got mine today. After stalling on getting this, did I make the right decision to buy? I had mixed feeling's upon opening it, but after things settled down a bit, I liked the way it displayed on the shelf.

The foot peg on mine didn't go all the way in, so it kinda hovers, & I think mine has a slight case of googly eyes, although you don't really see it when displayed, but still it's a bit of a bummer. I like the shade of green used, & might have even liked it a bit more of a highlight green (maybe not a popular choice of green for some of you), but it's nice as is. It has a nice mass to it, & does the job filling the 1/6 Hulk spot in my statue collection. For around $170, it feels like it might be at least (compared to other statue prices) worth that.

I'm not sure whether I'd recommend this statue to others or not. I like it enough, but there are other 1/6 Hulks that might be more to ones liking. If you can repaint though, then this might be a nice project for you, because the sculpt is really nice. I'd still take the Koto over the Bowen though :lol

GoSb8YW.png

9Qmf1vK.png

IjdcAYO.png

What is that wolverine piece in your pic!? Like the looks of that!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's a Humberto Ramos style Civil War Wolverine, by a sculptor named Chucho Rojas.

I think versions of this statue pop up on eBay from time to time.

OcPw4QS.png

I really love this koto version, especially because of the pose and detailed sculpt. As an artist, I prefer the more dynamic pose over bowen because I use this to draw from various angles. I just don't care for bowens musculature or static pose. Paint looks nice but just isn't as interesting for my purposes.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Pose him on a high shelf because he is looking down. I made the mistake of putting him on the bottom shelf and started feeling like I wanted to sell him. I could not easily see his face so it was easy to ignore. I moved it to a top shelf and it's a whole new world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jus wondering what causes paint like this to crack? as some forumers mentioned, koto's pieces which were painted using the same dull paint will crack over time.

I'm on the fence about getting this. Does anyone have Hulk posed with other Hot Toys Avengers on a shelf? I'd love to see him next to Capt. America or Iron Man

Wow! That looks amazing. What do you charge? I'd like to keep mine green but I think the paint job could definitely be better.

I just received mine today and it has the googly eyes and the back foot does not sit flush on the base....

Aw hell yeah, those pics ROCK Magnum! Kevin's amazing paints and your skills with pics make for a devastating combo. Nice job!

Back