Statue Kotobukiya - Hulk (Classic Avengers Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here jp!

Kdawg did three digital sculpts for Bowen last year...Kingpin, Executioner and Brown costume Wolverine. Kdawg even said he liked the Wolvie the best but for some reason it did not come out with the other two last year. Now it's waiting for the phase 6 license to be approved before being released. From what I understand it's pretty hot jp!

Awesome!! I want to get the executioner and Kingpin later on this year. But for now, Like everyone else, I am waiting for Bowen's license to come through for phase 6. On the meanwhile, Strike Down Thor is ready to arrive at my doorsteps in the next few days, so I am very pumped!

Hello boys and girls,

Probably you have asked yourself which is the best 1/6 scale Hulk statue out there. Thinking about that and just for fun, I decided to create a showdown video between the Bowen Incredible Hulk Website Exclusive, and the Kotobukiya Classic Avengers Hulk to find out. In the video, I reviewed both pieces and compared them side by side (feature by feature).

All I can tell you is this, between these two rivals, there is some bad blood, but only one can take the crown. Would you like to know who is the winner of the match? Check it out! There are 5 exciting rounds ahead of us! ;)

Bowen vs Kotobukiya Hulks Showdown!!!

Please, like, comment & subscribe. Thanks for watching! :)

After all the hesitation about getting this piece, I decided to order (around $240 shipped) one today.

Please don't have googly eyes .....

bowen's base look better. :D

Mr. Green prefer the bowen, strange as it sound, bowen got the right color but WRONG price.

I'm a gigantic fan of Kotobukiya, but it's plainly obvious that Bowen is the clear winner when it comes to these two. Maybe not with the sculpt, but overall paint, rarity, and quality...Bowen's Hulk Variant wins every time. It doesn't take a noob to see it either. It's base wins too. The paint app alone ruined Eric Sosa's awesome sculpt for Koto.

I was really excited to pick up Koto's Hulk, but was let down big time by that paint app, wonky left eye, pink mouth, and generic base. Now I have to wait on decent price for a Variant to come around. Oh well.

jpsarri's review of both these statues nailed it.

I'm a gigantic fan of Kotobukiya, but it's plainly obvious that Bowen is the clear winner when it comes to these two. Maybe not with the sculpt, but overall paint, rarity, and quality...Bowen's Hulk Variant wins every time. It doesn't take a noob to see it either. It's base wins too. The paint app alone ruined Eric Sosa's awesome sculpt for Koto.

I was really excited to pick up Koto's Hulk, but was let down big time by that paint app, wonky left eye, pink mouth, and generic base. Now I have to wait on decent price for a Variant to come around. Oh well.

jpsarri's review of both these statues nailed it.

Thank you for the kind words, buddy. I totally agree, Bowen is the definite winner. Good luck in finding that awesome pice!!

Hello boys and girls,

Probably you have asked yourself which is the best 1/6 scale Hulk statue out there. Thinking about that and just for fun, I decided to create a showdown video between the Bowen Incredible Hulk Website Exclusive, and the Kotobukiya Classic Avengers Hulk to find out. In the video, I reviewed both pieces and compared them side by side (feature by feature).

All I can tell you is this, between these two rivals, there is some bad blood, but only one can take the crown. Would you like to know who is the winner of the match? Check it out! There are 5 exciting rounds ahead of us! ;)

Please, like, comment & subscribe. Thanks for watching! :)

how come your base is different than this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOWEN-DESIGNS-HULK-VARIANT-STATUE-WEB-EXCLUSIVE-SIGNED-/230961736270?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item35c6646a4e

this mouth is the same since its the variant, I figured the rest would be the same too.

how come your base is different than this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOWEN-DESIGNS-HULK-VARIANT-STATUE-WEB-EXCLUSIVE-SIGNED-/230961736270?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item35c6646a4e

this mouth is the same since its the variant, I figured the rest would be the same too.

Correct me if I wrong, but I believe that base was the original base Bowen was gonna go with, but scrapped it and went with smashed pavement. I think that eBay pic is a proto pic that got out before they decided to ditch the original base.

Correct me if I wrong, but I believe that base was the original base Bowen was gonna go with, but scrapped it and went with smashed pavement. I think that eBay pic is a proto pic that got out before they decided to ditch the original base.

so what is going on, is the whole variant's base is the cracked pavement? or a mix of both?

Mr. Green prefer the pavement as the rock look is way over done.

Haha I'm not sure, Mr. Green! To this day I haven't seen an in-hand photo of that dirt/rock base on any Variant, so I just assume it was disregarded during production of the statue. I like the cracked pavement a lot better too.

You are correct. The original rocky base was replaced for the cracked pavement on the production pieces. That photo was used for promotions and pre-orders. As always, Bowen Designs reserves the right to make changes to the final products (clearly stated in the art boxes and the website).

Well, I got mine today. After stalling on getting this, did I make the right decision to buy? I had mixed feeling's upon opening it, but after things settled down a bit, I liked the way it displayed on the shelf.

The foot peg on mine didn't go all the way in, so it kinda hovers, & I think mine has a slight case of googly eyes, although you don't really see it when displayed, but still it's a bit of a bummer. I like the shade of green used, & might have even liked it a bit more of a highlight green (maybe not a popular choice of green for some of you), but it's nice as is. It has a nice mass to it, & does the job filling the 1/6 Hulk spot in my statue collection. For around $170, it feels like it might be at least (compared to other statue prices) worth that.

I'm not sure whether I'd recommend this statue to others or not. I like it enough, but there are other 1/6 Hulks that might be more to ones liking. If you can repaint though, then this might be a nice project for you, because the sculpt is really nice. I'd still take the Koto over the Bowen though :lol

GoSb8YW.png

9Qmf1vK.png

IjdcAYO.png

Congratulations, Bro! I feel the same way you do. The sculpt is a killer! But the rest needs improvement. Even when I try to be too critical of the piece, I give up because is really love what Erick did. It is a love hate relationship we have going on. :slap

Back