Statue Kotobukiya - Hulk (Classic Avengers Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My koto MOS is shipping now and was scheduled for September release per koto. Hulk is scheduled for October release so we should see it in the states at the end of this month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Someone at NYCC go to the Koto booth and take a look at this piece please. In photos I have seen so far, the paint looks less than stellar. I'd love to hear some impressions from those who see it in person.

Saw this in Kinokuniya yesterday when I visited Dubai Mall and... well, let's just say that the size is good.

Was underwhelmed by the base and the statue as a whole. The green color that they used really pops out but i prefer my Hulk to be a darker shade of green. It's just too bright and "kiddy." Also, take a close look at the eyes - the paint job on this piece isn't Koto's best.

Having said that, still a big congrats to people getting it. Good addition to your Hulk collection but for now, I am more than happy with my Bowens.

I'm actually happy to hear about the colour, but the eyes .....

Edit: Saw some pics, which made it look not as good as the proto. Which happens, but the quality seems too much of step down from the proto than I would have liked. Maybe it's the quality of the pics? I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Saw this in Kinokuniya yesterday when I visited Dubai Mall and... well, let's just say that the size is good.

Was underwhelmed by the base and the statue as a whole. The green color that they used really pops out but i prefer my Hulk to be a darker shade of green. It's just too bright and "kiddy." Also, take a close look at the eyes - the paint job on this piece isn't Koto's best.

Having said that, still a big congrats to people getting it. Good addition to your Hulk collection but for now, I am more than happy with my Bowens.

Thanks for the feedback. It's interesting though, from the pictures I've seen, I thought the eyes looked awesome. Some of the pics from NYCC use flash and the statue is overexposed. I think that's what's putting people off.

When I've seen pics where flash hasn't been used and the statue is lit from the top, more of the cool contours are shown and the shadows look like the original prototype image.

I guess we'll find out in a few short weeks.

I for one am happy the base is small. Biggest issue I have are statues with bases that take up a lot of real estate because I like to display my pieces together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Picked mine up today. Alas...noticed he suffers from lazy eye only after I took them pics...

YNYbTBA.jpg

IxJZvMe.jpg

wnNIXkC.jpg

a591AYc.jpg

wBrrKdQ.jpg

HgDHFlE.jpg

aQEYCPc.jpg

1LekiBx.jpg

zhkE4w9.jpg

JHzL0De.jpg

Brilliant pics :D Shame about the eyes. What's your plan for that? Exchange? Refund? Fix it yourself?

It seems it might not be as large as some peeps might have thought (Did somebody say 16" earlier?). I was actually thinking of cancelling when I saw the edition size, thinking I might be able to get a nice deal on it later on, but I think I want to get it early. Still looks nice to me :D

Brilliant pics :D Shame about the eyes. What's your plan for that? Exchange? Refund? Fix it yourself?

It seems it might not be as large as some peeps might have thought (Did somebody say 16" earlier?). I was actually thinking of cancelling when I saw the edition size, thinking I might be able to get a nice deal on it later on, but I think I want to get it early. Still looks nice to me :D

Thanks mate. The lazy eye only looks obvious from certain angles so I can live with it for now. I'd probably get someone to repaint the eyes and thicken the brows in the future though...or even the whole piece to a darker green if funds permit. Erick's sculpt is great but the finishing definitely needs improving.

I guess the huge edition size is koto's way of keeping recasters like crazy toys at bay maybe? yeah, they're gonna be available for quite a while lol

Back