Statue Kotobukiya - Hulk (Classic Avengers Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got him last night....eyes not a problem. The rest of him is. First he doesn't fit on the base. I have about a 1/4 inch gap between the base and Hulks feet. The QC on this thing must have been non existant. Paint app is sloppy. Paint is rubbed off in several spots on his pants and hair. Looks like one of his hands and back foot was "patched" at the factory and the other hand has a hole in one of the fingers. I have my LCS putting in a call to report it as damaged to see about getting another one. I really like the sculpt. If the paint app is still bad looks like I may have to try my hand at painting.

Hulk Hate Banner!

ngn.JPG

Hulk Classic Avengers 1:6 Statue 729/4000 - Kotobukiya

WOW! I didn't expect him to be this big for 1:6, love it! It's another homerun sculpt from Erik Sosa but for the first time with Koto the paint is not perfect. I have a slight case of the cross eye (although it won't affect me in the angle I'm going to display him (2nd lit pic)) and I also have some weird black paint on the waist of his pants.
My biggest issue though is the fact that he doesn't seem to fit straight on the base as you can see. The peg fits snugly and I tried to push it as best I can to no avail, the feet seem to be slightly off to the side.

However don't let all that detract you from the fact that it's a great statue and a perfect addition to the Koto/Sosa line.

z7s.JPG

2e9b.jpg

20ib.jpg

xhz4.jpg

bnq5.jpg

l6z7.jpg

rjtc.jpg

sh78.jpg

o3m9.jpg

Just received my shipment that's definitely a HUGE box!
still in the office.. counting the minutes to go back home and rip this box open.

I Agree with Drakul about the display angel fix for the cross eyes problem.

I just reached home and checked mine, I don't see any problem with the eyes.

My statue no. Is 3614 do you think they fixed it on the later ones like mine? Here is a pic.

And by the way IT'S F'N INCREDIBLE!!

Like GE 7 mine doesn't appear to be cross eyed, also a 3000+ edition #.

durerure.jpg

y7atuhuh.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Congratulations, Drakul!! Great detail. That Koto collection of yours keeps growing nicely. :)

Well we all seem to have the same eyes and whether you consider it (mild or severe) cross-eye is up to each of us.

Bump for those who have this and Koto Marvel Thor Reborn for a reference pic.

Only complaint I have with my hulk is there are chips and quality issues with some of his toes. Nothing big enough to take away from the statue but they sculpted finger and toe nails and some of my toes are chipped. Fortunately it appears it happened before painting so it's tough to notice unless you're in close because it's all green.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Back