Kothoga from The Relic interest thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I'd share the completion of a SWS monster grail of mine. Dunaway knocked it out of the park. He's a big 4 footer.

kothoga1.jpg

kothoga2.jpg

kothoga3.jpg

koth.jpg

koth2.jpg

koth3.jpg

kothface.jpg

koth4.jpg

kothoga.jpg

koth5.jpg

dude, that's bad ass. It's a beautiful replica and to be honest it's the first time i got a clear, up close, HD head to toe look at the beast. In the film it's so friggin dark it's very hard to see the details creature. Once again really, really nice piece you got there...really enjoyed looking at it.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN​

Thanks guys. Here is the real movie prop. Joe and I wanted it to be movie accurate, I think he got as close as it gets .

985e719dbe5c390405705cd4d6e00b8e.jpg

677d0838bc29ba18421a9d065f10d435.jpg

7ccefa54390131da2a90289300781d81.jpg

355e3162bd87b9df03ad09a110984a75.jpg

86f092611fbe413af527c510bc518090.jpg

76038ca9ffe2e3eab6d787a24e4efde5.jpg

e85dc0660d7a9c7636863988e87362a8.jpg

Very underrated creature. SWS really did a great job on it. Grats again :)

Book was good. Monster design was very cool. Movie was pretty bad except for the cop trying to get pulled back out of the museum roof. It's one of those deserving of a remake however, without changing the creature design, and going back to the roots of its origin.

Book was good. Monster design was very cool. Movie was pretty bad except for the cop trying to get pulled back out of the museum roof. It's one of those deserving of a remake however, without changing the creature design, and going back to the roots of its origin.

I actually really enjoyed the movie. Not a great movie, but it was a solid monster movie in my eyes.

never like the face design, just too odd looking

it's a mix between a lion, beetle, and lizard, what were you expecting?

I actually really enjoyed the movie. Not a great movie, but it was a solid monster movie in my eyes.

it's a mix between a lion, beetle, and lizard, what were you expecting?

i think it looks just fine between, lizard/lion, the beetle thing on the mouth looks too weird, like a crab.

I guess it was technically tiger, but the hair more resembles a lion, so I thought it was a lion.

Glad you like my paint up guys! It was a monster of a job due to the size of this thing!

Here's a pic of me holding it.
3949-kothsizeref.jpg

I loved the design as soon as i saw it in the theater.....i thought it had the mouth of a tarantula at first.......as its a dark azz film!

You did an amazing job on it. Thought it would look bigger with you holding it. Is is 4 feet long?

Book was excellent! Movie sucked.The creature was nowhere close to what I was picturing from the descriptions in the book. Also in the book "Kothoga" is the name of the tribe that fears/worships the beast, I believe the creatures actual name is Mbwun.

Still an impressive piece though! Congrats!

Book was excellent! Movie sucked.The creature was nowhere close to what I was picturing from the descriptions in the book. Also in the book "Kothoga" is the name of the tribe that fears/worships the beast, I believe the creatures actual name is Mbwun.

Still an impressive piece though! Congrats!

if SWS didn't design it, I'd prolly have no interest in making so much room for this beast.

You did an amazing job on it. Thought it would look bigger with you holding it. Is is 4 feet long?

that looks pretty damn big to me, I don't think I could display the thing if it were any bigger :panic:. Yes, it's 4ft long. GK asylum finished one a couple years ago and posted pics here too. I've only seen 3 of these completed.

Back