KOTCS Indy $39.99 @ Amazon through GoHastings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLOSI

Nerf Herder
Reaction score
FYI:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038ARRLY?ie=UTF8&seller=AVB9VPPZMOOT8&sn=goHastings"]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038ARRLY?ie=UTF8&seller=AVB9VPPZMOOT8&sn=goHastings[/ame]

It's an excellent figure, and a steal at $40.

Thought it still annoys me to no end that this price drop happens with Sideshow figures. But I guess it's worth the extra $50 to have had my figure for all this time.:rolleyes2

It shouldn't make you mad that the price drops. It should make you mad that you're paying $100 for SSC figures.

So you didn't get the Fridge?? *tsk tsk*

255px-3.jpg

It's been at $40 for months now. but I'm sure someone didn't know and will order. I ordered when it was $50 and thought I got a good deal then.

*sigh* It has...it really has. I know it's lame, and very fanboyish but KOTCS really broke my heart.

Got mine yesterday, but both the gun grip and right fist broke off the body and goHastings won't exchange it (even though they're still in stock). I have ROTLA Indy, Toht, and Belloq, and their hands we're never that fragile.

What should I do? :monkey2

Bigal, I think you should be able to fix that. I take it it's just the wrist pegs that broke, right? It might take a little doing, but you can probably get the pegs out. And since the rest of the extra hands come with pegs, you just need to pull the peg off one of the other extra hands.

You can use a small screw to screw in (by hand) the peg part stuck in the forearm. Once the screw is in there enough, you can pull the whole thing out. If it's stubborn, you can use some needle-nose pliers to pull the screw/peg combo.

If the peg broke in the hand part, that might take a little digging with needle-nose pliers. But it's certainly doable.

It's funny, I had one of the pegs break on my KOTCS Indy in the hand when I was removing it. I blamed myself for not pre-heating the hand before attempting to remove it. But maybe it wasn't me after all. I thought I was being careful, and it gave way fairly easily without much force. But I was easily able to dig out the little peg part out of the hand.

Just use one of the other pegs from any of the extra hands. Each extra hand comes with its own peg which are all removable. Try heating the hands/pegs with a blowdryer or dipping them in hot water if you feel like the pegs are not budging and could break.

Toss the broken ones.

At least be glad you got your order. I'm dealing with an issue right now with gohastings where I ordered a figure, and for some reason the first half of my address doesn't show up on the billing address or shipping address. Its 'supposed' to arrive today, so we'll see what happens.

BTW, I really like the KOTCS Indy, its probably my favorite SS Indy. The sculpt is dead on and the jacket looks much better, IMO.

Back