KONG V REX IS HERE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArwenEvenstar

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Just got my Kong V. Rex fresh off the truck from Fed Ex, and boy is this thing huge! The box is a massive 30 inches heigh and weighs 15kgs. Number 157/4000, from WETA NZ. here is a pic of the box, lol, I havent had a chance to unpacka s of yet. Surely this must be the first time an Aussie has got a piece before those in the US. :wacky

p10103496xe.th.jpg

ArwenEvenstar said:
The ES was bumped up 1k after the film came out, which sucks. :sick

Yep, In a quote from Chicky, I think, in another thread she said something like, If we produced enough of these to satisfy every collector in the market, then they would be hardly limited editions, would they? She was refering to the Gray Hulk statue in that case, but, with the raising in the ES of this piece, it just shows you how two-faced SS can be...Of course I love their work/pieces,but, sometimes, I think their PR needs to be looked after a little more professionally....Just my 2cents..:peace

darth dyp**** said:
Yep, In a quote from Chicky, I think, in another thread she said something like, If we produced enough of these to satisfy every collector in the market, then they would be hardly limited editions, would they? She was refering to the Gray Hulk statue in that case, but, with the raising in the ES of this piece, it just shows you how two-faced SS can be...Of course I love their work/pieces,but, sometimes, I think their PR needs to be looked after a little more professionally....Just my 2cents..:peace
the Kong vs Rex piece is not a SS product, its by WETA, who no longer has anything to do with SS now that the SS/WETA LOTR collaboration is ka-put.

darth dyp**** said:

Better check your facts before making that statement since this piece is'nt even made by Sideshow.

I stand corrected, I am not as full of information as some on this board...I will gladly fall on my sword, for such a heinous crime.My sincerest/deepest apologies to all who work for, and who are associated with Sideshow Inc. and all their subsidiaries..They are Inc. right? Or do I have that wrong as well?..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I will now be banished to a land where there are no collectable figures, and I will be black-listed from getting the SS newsletter!:horror

occulum said:
the Kong vs Rex piece is not a SS product, its by WETA, who no longer has anything to do with SS now that the SS/WETA LOTR collaboration is ka-put.

Yeah, but Sideshow did raise the Edition size of the Exclusive 1/4 Doom. Maybe not enough to suit demand, but why not raise the Gray Hulk Edition size...demand seems to warrant it just the same. No?

By the way...the Kong vs Rex looks amazing and seem to be huge from the pics I've seen! And it's shipping weight is 33-34 lbs? Wow!

Yeah, but Sideshow did raise the Edition size of the Exclusive 1/4 Doom. Maybe not enough to suit demand, but why not raise the Gray Hulk Edition size...demand seems to warrant it just the same. No?

:banghead Because with Doom the orders were being taken at SDCC manually, thats why there is a difference. That's the only reason why they raised the exclusive number.

Viking28 said:
:banghead Because with Doom the orders were being taken at SDCC manually, thats why there is a difference. That's the only reason why they raised the exclusive number.
never thought about that. makes perfect sense though

oh yeah. I cant wait til KvR arrives!
I havent looked forward to something this much since the Kroenen Helmet (how alone am I on that one?!).
if ANYONE out there can post pics of the one theyve already received with somehting for size relation please do. Im trying to plan out where he's goin.

Last edited:
Viking28 said:

:mwaha and here we go again, eh Vik...... :rolleyes:

Jesse

jdonoho said:

They raised the edition size of the Berserker statue. It was originally listed as 1500 and sold out in no time. It went back up for sale with a new edition size of 3000. Now perhaps this was miscommunication? I know the Weathertop enviro was listed on Sideshows site as being a 2000 edition size, but when I received mine, the edition was 3000 on the base. They updated the Weathertop page when I pointed it out on this board.

I grabbed a listing from theonering.net

I just heard from a mighty reliable source that the box and statue
combo for the Kong vs. V-Rex weighs a total of 48 pounds!
:google :google :google :google :google :google :google :google :google
Mine is going out this week, and will be to me next week.
I can't wait to try and find room for this behemoth!

JS :banana

Hells of Iron said:
They raised the edition size of the Berserker statue. It was originally listed as 1500 and sold out in no time. It went back up for sale with a new edition size of 3000. Now perhaps this was miscommunication? I know the Weathertop enviro was listed on Sideshows site as being a 2000 edition size, but when I received mine, the edition was 3000 on the base. They updated the Weathertop page when I pointed it out on this board.

I grabbed a listing from theonering.net

O yeah...wasn't it the Berserker & Elessar...actually don't recall, but maybe the Fellbeast & Morgul Lord also. Remember something like that. All I got to say is that if you set an ES...stick to it. None of this changing later because demand warranted it. I think that either TBD :)@) should be used or set it and stick to it!

48lbs? Thought Arwen said 15kgs...maybe that's just the statue.

JSAuctionService said:

Thats just insane, but also very cool!. This is going to be one awesome statue!!

shell
x :D

JSAuctionService said:
:google :google :google :google :google :google :google :google :google
Mine is going out this week, and will be to me next week.
I can't wait to try and find room for this behemoth!

I do hope you have plenty of room JS.....And re-inforced shelves !!.
Because you are gonna need it.
I can well believe that this statue weighs 48 pounds as i have seen it and it is H..U..G..E !!!!.
The Cinema Store in Liecester Square here in London has one in their window for £375 and even though i'm not getting one myself i was still awestruck by it. It makes the Sauron statue look small !.
You are not going to be disappointed.

If you have the room and a stong shelf, a must have most definitely!

I got this little guy aswell a couple of days ago, I went to pick it up and actually had trouble fitting the box into my car :google

kongbox.jpg

kongvs.jpg

Back