Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool. I'll be picking this up at some point. Gotta to finish some others 1st.

Enjoyed the demo.
It's what Fable should've been more like.
Need to be able to shrink or fade the health bar and mini map though, take up too much screen space. Very intuitive controls. Lots of voice acting. I would like a first person perspective for combat.
Looking forward to more.

I agree with the health bar and mini map - way too large.....on the official forums, they've made it clear this is a fairly old build - they wanted to release a nicer demo, but decided that time best used to polishing actual game.

I did ask if option to remove these, and will post what they say here

just played the demo - awesome game already reserved my copy.

it reminded me of WoW + Darksiders.

looking forward to the release date!

I think I'm going to have to give the demo another go around. I played it and for whatever reason, I didn't really care for it.

I know it's an old build so maybe the retail will pull me in more.

Played the demo on Xbox last night and liked it. I'm going to give it a go on PS3 tomorrow.

Played the demo last night. It was alright. Ran nice and smooth on my computer. Maybe I'll pick it up when it drops to $10

Kingdoms of Amalur Online Pass is 'Day One DLC'
Studio founder defends online pass.
January 30, 2012
by Andrew Goldfarb
38 Studios boss Curt Schilling has defended Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning's online pass. The pass will unlock the House of Valor faction quest for customers who purchase a new copy of the game, while those with used copies will need to buy the quest separately. While the pass has drawn criticism for blocking single-player content, Schilling has spoken out, defending the decision to include it.

In a post on Amalur's official forums, Schilling writes that the content is simply day-one downloadable content designed to reward early adopters of the game.

"DAY 1 DLC, to be extremely and VIVIDLY clear, is FREE, 100% totally FREE, to anyone that buys a new copy of Reckoning, ANYONE," Schilling wrote. "If you don't buy new games you buy them used, and in that case you will have to pay for the Day 1 free DLC content the new copy buyers got for free. It's clear the intent right? To promote early adopters and MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO ME, REWARD fans and gamers who commit to us with their time and money when it benefits the company."

To be honest, this doesn't bother me.
It looks to be a good game and needs to be supported so as to keep getting more more games likes this.

Last edited:
It still screws the gamers who aren't connected to the net. Numbers still show that up to 50% of gamers aren't online. That means those people will be denied content even if they buy a new copy. I get why they're doing this more and more, but theres still a flaw in the system when people who shouldn't get screwed, get screwed.

It still screws the gamers who aren't connected to the net. Numbers still show that up to 50% of gamers aren't online. That means those people will be denied content even if they buy a new copy. I get why they're doing this more and more, but theres still a flaw in the system when people who shouldn't get screwed, get screwed.

:horror
Good point.
Didn't consider that.

Those 50% of offline gamers need to introduce themselves to the 21st century.......and I am sure (or there should) be a note on the box saying online verification required

Should I give this a try or stick to Skyrim ?

Haven't paid attention to it because I thought it looked too kid-oriented, but I'm probably wrong.

Back