King of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Mine will be here Monday :rolleyes want him NOWWWW!

So it looks like next week could possibly be KOTD and Pippin... and depending on exactly when it arrives in the warehouse, Weathertop too. If not, then Weathertop will be early the next week!!!

KoTD #707 arrived today - completely (and raggedly) broken off the base. Back he goes.

Not a fan of this base-attaching. My Eowyn arrived with the helm broken off the base. It went back too.

KoTD is gorgeous, though.

geeze... now i'm nervous for mine.. he's been traveling for over a week now.. and that was just from the dealer to me! I really hope it doesn't come broken.. that would SUCK! I've only ever recieved one broken, and that was Legolas.... fingers crossed!

Now I'm getting REALLY worried. I'm supposed to be getting both of these statues next week, shipped TOGETHER, no less. With my track record of damaged/defective polystone, I'm going to be afraid to even open the box!

unsure9nt.gif

I've never had this much trouble with Sideshow pieces before. Very discouraging. And probably very discouraging for the dealer I purchased them from, too. It's money out of their pocket until they've been reimbursed for the broken one, since it's not my responsiblility to pay for 2 until the broken one is credited.

Hope none of the upcoming statues area pre-attached to the bases.:(

You would have thought shipping tests would have shown that attaching it to the base wasn't the smartest idea... :dunno

Wow that really sucks Nazgurl!! Two in a row :( Man, I am really glad now that mine made it intact.

KOTD is the most fragile piece I have ever seen. Upon opening the box, I was amazed that they could even manufacture this. Mine is mint, fortunately. :rock

I still have never received a broken piece. (*knocks on wood*)

Little late, but I just purchased this statue and it arrived today and wow, what a piece! The detail and pose are just awesome and thankfully, mine arrived in flawless condition. Good job, Sideshow! :D

mine has a broken finger, though you dont really notice it, and i only paid £30 for it!
Dont know if it happened in transit, or in the shop where I bought it.

Back