King of the Dead on the way???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KotD Bust? :confused: by who?

Arannz from the S&F board did this amazing bust called "The Oathbreaker". :monkey5

kotd17a3fp.jpg
kotd17d7ql.jpg

kotd17c0zt.jpg
kotd17b1ud.jpg

Last edited:
Re: King of the on the way???

Without doubt this is the KOTD, but I don't think this is something I will feel compelled to add to my collection.

Im not into the human sized characters in LSB just the big baddies, they are insane! So KoTD would have to be really good.

PF I would get.

Dio probably not... unless it was him leading a charge of undead into battle that I would consider but lets face it thats probably not the sculpt.

It's the KotD. This guy is sooo popular it took SS almost 7 years to sell-out the Weta piece and I bet theres still some of him left in the warhouse.

Great choice SS :rolleyes:

Unless, it's a PF made with translucent resin and plastic, I'll PASS.
Not into these dioramas much. Even though I did order the Ringwraith Exclusive. But, I'll probably use that as trade bait for a Lurtz PF.

It's the KotD. This guy is sooo popular it took SS almost 7 years to sell-out the Weta piece and I bet theres still some of him left in the warhouse.

Great choice SS :rolleyes:

Your ability to enter a discussion board [LOTR in this case] where you obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about [and the inevitable stupidity of your comments] never cease to amaze me. :google

I do, however, admire your consistancy, both in regard to your LOTR-related posts, and your math skills, which I've discussed before. First of all, the KoTD statue became available in the summer of 2005, with the pre-orders starting in Feb. 05. Sooooo, according to my math that means it took less than 4 years to sell out, not the 7 year figure you pulled out of thin air. Secondly, the KoTD had the 5th highest ES [6500]ever for a LOTR statue. Thirdly, both the facial sculpt and the paint app's were well below SSW standards.

I think it becomes pretty clear when you look at the huge ES and combine it with the disappointing execution to the overall statue the reason it took almost 4 years to sell out had nothing to do with a lack of popularity.

Do you even know how the KoTD statue came about in the first place? Now I know that using actual facts to back up your comments isn't a strong suit of yours but let me fill you in on another fact....of all the statues not yet created by Weta, it was the most requested one by LOTR fans, and it was directly because of this that Weta even produced this statue in the first place. Yeah, a real unpopular character :rolleyes:

Your ability to enter a discussion board [LOTR in this case] where you obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about [and the inevitable stupidity of your comments] never cease to amaze me. :google

I do, however, admire your consistancy, both in regard to your LOTR-related posts, and your math skills, which I've discussed before. First of all, the KoTD statue became available in the summer of 2005, with the pre-orders starting in Feb. 05. Sooooo, according to my math that means it took less than 4 years to sell out, not the 7 year figure you pulled out of thin air. Secondly, the KoTD had the 5th highest ES [6500]ever for a LOTR statue. Thirdly, both the facial sculpt and the paint app's were well below SSW standards.

I think it becomes pretty clear when you look at the huge ES and combine it with the disappointing execution to the overall statue the reason it took almost 4 years to sell out had nothing to do with a lack of popularity.

Do you even know how the KoTD statue came about in the first place? Now I know that using actual facts to back up your comments isn't a strong suit of yours but let me fill you in on another fact....of all the statues not yet created by Weta, it was the most requested one by LOTR fans, and it was directly because of this that Weta even produced this statue in the first place. Yeah, a real unpopular character :rolleyes:

Jolly good post Woodsy :clap :clap

"7 years" is more or less sarcasim, but your little bird brain couldn't grasp that. The reason KoTD has such a large ES is because SS expected it to sell out due to the so called demand. Yeah, the sculpt wasn't the greatest, but it's very hard to give it that translucent contrast like most wanted between human and dead. I remember some had a gripe with Sauron and his thin legs, but he had a higher ES and sold out pretty quickly. But in the end, I think you're just miffed about the Moria Orc comment. I'll leave you to your tears :monkey2

Last edited:
"7 years" is more or less sarcasim, but your little bird brain couldn't grasp that. The reason KoTD has such a large ES is because SS expected it to sell out due to the so called demand. Yeah, the sculpt wasn't the greatest, but it's very hard to give it that translucent contrast like most wanted between human and dead. I remember some had a gripe with Sauron and his thin legs, but he had a higher ES and sold out pretty quickly. But in the end, I think you're just miffed about the Moria Orc comment. I'll leave you to your tears :monkey2

Miffed about your Moria orc comment?? :confused: I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, then again when you start talking LOTR most of us don't. :rolleyes:

I do, however, recall another one of your LOTR "gems" which pretty well sums up your LOTR knowledge, or more accurately, lack of LOTR knowledge....

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Sell out? Near all their LSBs are on second chance and some in the gift card section. Don't believe the "Sold out" till you don't see the WL as a option.

Well I certainly don't know everything, but apparently I know alot more than you do.

I know that 4 of the 9 are sold out.

I know that another 3 of the 9 are on waitlist which is meaningless, since all 3 were all put up for pre-order between 14-20 month's ago, and all have been sold out for some time now. I also know there's a snowball's chance in hell that any of those will ever convert, but don't take my word for it...put yourself on those waitlist's and 6 month's from now, let me know how you make out. Come to think of, why not put your name down for an excl. Lurtz PF while you're at it, since it too is now waitlist available. :lol Point being...anyone with a brain in their head knows these 3 busts are long gone.

I know that currently 2 of the 9 are on 2nd chance. One of those [ringwraith] was put there because 3 busts were found and posted in the Jan. 22nd newsletter. The other [Aragorn] because 30 busts were found/returned and were available as of last week's newsletter.

Is 2 out of 9 [or a whopping 22%] your idea of "Near all their LSBs are on second chance" ? :confused:

Pretty well the only thing your post reveals is that : a]. you don't have a clue what you're talking about, and b]. apparently my 8 year old has better math skills than you do. :rolleyes:

And your "7 years sarcasm" comment pretty well sums it up doesn't it. You come by here every once in a while, drop one of these "pearls of wisdom" on us, and leave. Your insight and opinions are based on nothing more than non-existant facts which you use to try and legitimize your arguements and justify your criticism and sarcasm of SS. And all this coming from a guy who I seriously doubt even owns a single LOTR statue or bust. Perhaps in the future you should stick with your comic book collectibles and let those of us who actually know what we're talking about discuss LOTR matters. :lecture :lecture

Miffed about your Moria orc comment?? :confused: I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, then again when you start talking LOTR most of us don't. :rolleyes:

I do, however, recall another one of your LOTR "gems" which pretty well sums up your LOTR knowledge, or more accurately, lack of LOTR knowledge....

And your "7 years sarcasm" comment pretty well sums it up doesn't it. You come by here every once in a while, drop one of these "pearls of wisdom" on us, and leave. Your insight and opinions are based on nothing more than non-existant facts which you use to try and legitimize your arguements and justify your criticism and sarcasm of SS. And all this coming from a guy who I seriously doubt even owns a single LOTR statue or bust. Perhaps in the future you should stick with your comic book collectibles and let those of us who actually know what we're talking about discuss LOTR matters. :lecture :lecture

Sadly you still didn't grasp that comment, only 4 are sold out. Most e-tailers had to discount gandy in order to make the sale. As for those PO LSBs, they will be on their shelves for a while come shipping time, when people like Darko can't sell their 3 Uruk's on eBay and they cancel. Most People don't want LSBs of certian characters, they would rather have a PF. Theres even a comment from a customer about wanting a KotD PF in the sneak peak.

As for the underlined paragraph. Since your reasoning for Wetas KotD not selling well is due poor "execution" (error or the sculpt or paint ap..?) then Strider/Aragorn should be a total failure. That thing dosen't look like Vigo. Only thing saving that statue on the market is it's "rarity". I personally don't think the KotD statue is that bad, just poor choice of judgement on the ES. Anyways, Don't worry... I am done with this pointless argument. But the sad thing is, You still think this is 04 where LOTR is still at it's peak and every LOTR item sells out.

so, yeah - about that KOTD statue - the portion in the upper right hand corner looks like it could be real cloth - my vote goes to a PF...

I'm split on what I want this to be (if my quess is right and it is the KOTD) as I have bid on the SSW figure a couple of times on evil bay and lost out.

A PF would look phenomenal with a green light focussed on it for display, but a dio would also be good if it has Aragorn with Anduril.

I know Woodsy is crying out for another Aragorn! :rotfl:rotfl

What if its a dio with a couple more 'dead people' charging at a bunch of Orc's.

PS. What's wrong with the paint job on the SSW KOTD, I always thought mine was pretty good. He looks old, dusty and well, dead.

I'm split on what I want this to be (if my quess is right and it is the KOTD) as I have bid on the SSW figure a couple of times on evil bay and lost out.

A PF would look phenomenal with a green light focussed on it for display, but a dio would also be good if it has Aragorn with Anduril.

I know Woodsy is crying out for another Aragorn! :rotfl:rotfl

True, but I'm holding out for an Aragorn sitting in an outhouse dio. :monkey3 :lol

What if its a dio with a couple more 'dead people' charging at a bunch of Orc's.

PS. What's wrong with the paint job on the SSW KOTD, I always thought mine was pretty good. He looks old, dusty and well, dead.

Now that is something I would be interested in. :D

Look at that comparison pic and look at the pattern. It's not EXACT, though it does look similar. But, as i say, it doesn't look exactly the same.
I kinda hope it's not a dio, as i'm quite happy with my Weta statue, but as this is a dio and will (hopefully) have more characters on it.....it could be interesting.
The moment when Aragorn's sword meets the KOTD's?

Back