Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch, this one is the revers of hot toys move, ditching the full 43 for a bust option.

Watch, this one is the revers of hot toys move, ditching the full 43 for a bust option.

Lol, Motuxmen I bet you're right. It seems like, especially on this thread, people think you're a HT shill but I gotta say this: I've been giving KA a chance buying a few of their armors (42, 43, Starboost & Hammerhead) while awaiting their Hulkbuster. Well it finally arrived from BBTS the other day. I installed the batteries, took a few pictures and then PUT IT RIGHT BACK IN THE BOX.

I know it's 1/9 but it still "feels" too small. The articulation is terrible and the damn thing is so wobbly. Not that it can't stay standing, the figure has like this weird loose waist section that just makes it seem top heavy. Lastly, the center RT is just way too small and lacks detail. There are some nice things about it but the bad definitely outweighs the good In my opinion. I know plenty will disagree with me and that's cool, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't mind the wait for HT version because the 1/4 IA will be here before and possibly the XM.

I just think hot toys is the top of the line as far as scale collectibles.

I agree that 1/9 is just to small. But KA does a good job with the options they have. Just can't pack the same level of detail into something that small. But the people at KA are pretty good and talented folks. Their 1/1 stuff is the best out their. And their larger figures, like the HB are pretty nice and compare fairly well with hot toys. Though I still think hot toys has the edge.

I don't have anything against other companies, for the most part (CMC/PI is the exception) I just prefer hot toys is all.

My issues in this thread is with folks saying the price is way better for the KA and things like that, in comparison to hot toys. That's just not the case. Both are made in Hong Kong, so both will have import/duty/customs charges. Using those to say one is two times as expensive as the other, while saying the other is just the cost of the msrp..it's just not the case. If your paying import fees on one, you pay them on both. If the cost of the two items (the 1/9 HB and 43) is the same on the king arts as the same thing you get with the hot toys (1:6 HB with partial 43 included) then saying that the hot toys version will cost two times as much so the KA is a better deal...well it's just not the case. If your comparing two competing items that have identical prices (again..the KA two figures cost 850usd and the hot toys HB is 825usd) then one side doesn't cost twice as much. And since both have to be imported and shipped...then both have taxes/customs

Last edited:
I agree that their 1/1 stuff is incredible. I have the Palladium cigar box and Arc Reactor which are great. I also agree that HT are the best at what they do, mostly 1/6 and their headsculpts are unmatched but if you are talking all companies and all scales, XM's comic line is unbelievably impressive. They've only done 2 movie statues so far, Mk. VII and Mk. 42. The Tony and Pepper sculpts aren't that good on the 42 and the Mk. VII doesn't include a human head. But their Mk. VII is the most beautiful 1/4 IM statue I've ever seen.

Version 2.0 being revealed soon

13654375_300340763638721_318598942111342956_n.jpg
If there are any improvements to the original release, then I think I might get a bit annoyed with KA. I haven't even got the 1st one yet.

I don't think they'd be foolish enough to release a HB 2.0 shortly after the HB 1.0 release. I think this means that there are other 1/9 scale die-cast figures in the works. Ultron? Ultron Prime? Iron Legion? Mark 45?

I don't think they'd be foolish enough to release a HB 2.0 shortly after the HB 1.0 release. I think this means that there are other 1/9 scale die-cast figures in the works. Ultron? Ultron Prime? Iron Legion? Mark 45?
Nope. Confirmed on their FB that it's a new HB with new features.

This is pretty irritating to me considering I just received mine a few days ago. If I would have known there was going to be a 2.0 version I probably would have cancelled my preorder. Seeing as I am in the US and ordered from bbts I assume King Arts isn't really considering that when they made the announcement since it was technically released months ago overseas. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the new features are on the 2.0 version before I decide on if I will sell the one I have now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Seen both of hot toys and king arts prototype before back in HK and SG, I would say both are nice in their own way.. And the way we can display them are also different. King arts feel more like an action figure though while Hot toys seems more like a movie replica.

In regards to what I said earlier about the shoulder joints being stiff...please exercise great caution when trying to get them to move. I apparently applied a little too much force and the left shoulder pad area cracked and fell off. I e-mailed BBTS and am hoping they will accept a return and give me a new one. I could just glue the piece back together and normally would but that still won't solve the problem of having almost immovable shoulder joints. For $650 it would be nice to be able to use the figure as advertised and he able to move the arms. :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Wow, at this stage, the last reveal has to be the punching arm since it was the left arm in the movie

I'm glad I jumped on HT instead, I'd be pretty upset if I got the KA v1

I'm happy that I was able to get hold of this version - a clean version. Of course I look forward to the battle damaged version but have no regrets. Already have the HT version paid up so I may have some interest in this battle damaged version although I hear mixed suggestions that it may be a whole new release or an accessory pack for the existing 1/9 scale HB. I know that the 1/9 scale hulk they plan on releasing included the jackhammer arm and veronica....it's so difficult to work through the translations sometimes.

hb2.jpg

hb1.jpg

Back