Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am seriously considering buying king arts going forward after seeing my first HT gold chrome iron man mark 21 with poor articulation and paint rub. I'm looking to snag one mark 43 and the hulkbuster. Can anyone give me insight if it has any issues?

I am seriously considering buying king arts going forward after seeing my first HT gold chrome iron man mark 21 with poor articulation and paint rub. I'm looking to snag one mark 43 and the hulkbuster. Can anyone give me insight its a figure and if it has any issues?

Wait.. You're switching to King arts after one bad experience with a super rare figure that is a repaint of a mold that is several years old now?

Wait.. You're switching to King arts after one bad experience with a super rare figure that is a repaint of a mold that is several years old now?

It takes months or weeks to find a customer and seconds to loose one. Honestly if a product wasn't good the first time around would you put more money the second time around? Does it really matter why I should explain my personal choice to you?

My hulkbuster, from bbts, has also shipped. Will get it Tuesday.

I live in Ireland but I managed to get hold of a Kings Arts HulkBuster two weeks ago for a reasonable price considering what you pay for premium figures in Europe. Firstly, it is impressive and the size surprised me even though I was aware of if the dimensions of the figure. Detailing is amazing. Even though it an almost factory fresh paint scheme, there are some scuffing here and there.

Feature wise it has been well documented already so won't go into detail for that.

I did also get a MK43 to go with it, how could you not..and on its own the figure is really really good too.

I did struggle a bit to get it to fit inside, it is tight to get the MK43 in there, so caution is advised the first few times you try it, until you figure out how far you can go, how hard you can press etc. Inside there as some padding to avoid scuffing of the MK 43 at some touch points, for example the shoulders, lower arms and groin. I managed to rip a bit of the shoulder and arm padding in the HulkBuster....oh well.... but it is not a show stopper. In fact without it I think it will slip in easier perhaps. There is an additional sheet of padding included with the manual which is a nice touch.

The arms were also very tight to move at the shoulders forwards and upwards on mine, so much that I thought it was stuck, but needed some force to get it moving. It seems ok now.

I did not insert the batteries yet...there are ALLOT of them. Will need to do so to ensure that all the lights work.

I am not writing a full blown review here bit want to leave you with the following thoughts:

Over in Ireland getting a Hot Toys HulkBuster is almost twice as expensive, depending where you procure it from. Most likely it will be outside of the EU, and then be prepared for a nice customs add-on to the price.

Also the size of Hot Toys is too big for me with limited space, display and storage options and of course more pricey again.

King Arts have touched a sweet spot in regards to size and detail, which if you do not mind in 1/9 scale offers a real exciting option for Iron Man fans.

I am now agonizing if I should get some of the other King Arts offerings, when funds permit. I am strongly tempted.

Either way, for those who have it on order or are thinking about it...I am sure there will be no regrets, it is an amazing figure, looks great and will be a talking point in any collection.

Enjoy,
G

I live in Ireland but I managed to get hold of a Kings Arts HulkBuster two weeks ago for a reasonable price considering what you pay for premium figures in Europe. Firstly, it is impressive and the size surprised me even though I was aware of if the dimensions of the figure. Detailing is amazing. Even though it an almost factory fresh paint scheme, there are some scuffing here and there.

Feature wise it has been well documented already so won't go into detail for that.

I did also get a MK43 to go with it, how could you not..and on its own the figure is really really good too.

I did struggle a bit to get it to fit inside, it is tight to get the MK43 in there, so caution is advised the first few times you try it, until you figure out how far you can go, how hard you can press etc. Inside there as some padding to avoid scuffing of the MK 43 at some touch points, for example the shoulders, lower arms and groin. I managed to rip a bit of the shoulder and arm padding in the HulkBuster....oh well.... but it is not a show stopper. In fact without it I think it will slip in easier perhaps. There is an additional sheet of padding included with the manual which is a nice touch.

The arms were also very tight to move at the shoulders forwards and upwards on mine, so much that I thought it was stuck, but needed some force to get it moving. It seems ok now.

I did not insert the batteries yet...there are ALLOT of them. Will need to do so to ensure that all the lights work.

I am not writing a full blown review here bit want to leave you with the following thoughts:

Over in Ireland getting a Hot Toys HulkBuster is almost twice as expensive, depending where you procure it from. Most likely it will be outside of the EU, and then be prepared for a nice customs add-on to the price.

Also the size of Hot Toys is too big for me with limited space, display and storage options and of course more pricey again.

King Arts have touched a sweet spot in regards to size and detail, which if you do not mind in 1/9 scale offers a real exciting option for Iron Man fans.

I am now agonizing if I should get some of the other King Arts offerings, when funds permit. I am strongly tempted.

Either way, for those who have it on order or are thinking about it...I am sure there will be no regrets, it is an amazing figure, looks great and will be a talking point in any collection.

Enjoy,
G

thanks for the short review

It takes months or weeks to find a customer and seconds to loose one. Honestly if a product wasn't good the first time around would you put more money the second time around? Does it really matter why I should explain my personal choice to you?
You're right, and I've been reading that thread about the paint rub. If you are new to Hot Toys, I highly recommend using sideshow where you can get a refund/replacement for items, or for the rare exclusives buy from a seller like Timcent88 on eBay who allows a refund for defects.

Obviously the paint rub issue was no good, but I am highly certain the Hot Toys paint apps overall are better than those from King Arts or any other IM manufacturer. King Arts has improved a lot recently, but Quality control for HT is still better. I've seen many reviews of different products from all scales and product lines.

But regardless, collect what is enjoyable to you. Good luck!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

You're right, and I've been reading that thread about the paint rub. If you are new to Hot Toys, I highly recommend using sideshow where you can get a refund/replacement for items, or for the rare exclusives buy from a seller like Timcent88 on eBay who allows a refund for defects.

Obviously the paint rub issue was no good, but I am highly certain the Hot Toys paint apps overall are better than those from King Arts or any other IM manufacturer. King Arts has improved a lot recently, but Quality control for HT is still better. I've seen many reviews of different products from all scales and product lines.

But regardless, collect what is enjoyable to you. Good luck!

Thanks for your honesty and information. Pricing is also a big deterrent for me. How collectible is a king arts vs hot toys? I know this topic might be beaten to death but I'll appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for your honesty and information. Pricing is also a big deterrent for me. How collectible is a king arts vs hot toys? I know this topic might be beaten to death but I'll appreciate the feedback.
King Arts doesn't have the same distribution network that Hot Toys has so I'd guess that outside of Hong Kong or beyond the hardcore collector, it probably isn't as well known as Hot Toys. But if I were to wager which newer company survives in the next 5 years to rival Hot Toys, I'd say King Arts. They make good stuff as evidenced by the Hulkbuster.

1/9 scale is it's own niche for sure.

King Arts doesn't have the same distribution network that Hot Toys has so I'd guess that outside of Hong Kong or beyond the hardcore collector, it probably isn't as well known as Hot Toys. But if I were to wager which newer company survives in the next 5 years to rival Hot Toys, I'd say King Arts. They make good stuff as evidenced by the Hulkbuster.

1/9 scale is it's own niche for sure.

good points. This makes my decision tougher. I'll maybe have a peek at the local store here and check out the quality if I can .

@skunkworks nice write up but do check the lights. Mine has one not working at the back.

Yup, got mine yesterday. Took over an hour to put in all the small batteries in the 43 and the 44.

Very awesome and the best part, I will have this thing forever... !

Go mine as well it looks awesome! Arms seem to be stuck, won't rotate up an down, afraid to put pressure on them for fear of breaking them. Anyone else run into this problem?

Go mine as well it looks awesome! Arms seem to be stuck, won't rotate up an down, afraid to put pressure on them for fear of breaking them. Anyone else run into this problem?
Mine is having the same issue but I hear this is common. You just need to keep putting careful pressure on the shoulder joints as you rotate them and eventually they will start moving. Once you rotate them a few times it gets easier to move. It is an absolutely great looking figure, that's for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Mine is tight too. This is a good thing though, as you wouldn't want it to be loose. I have some spots that have paint imperfections, kinda like where they held the part during painting. It's not bad and I'm not worried about it. Friends told me it looks a little like battle marks. No biggie.

Version 2.0 being revealed soon

13654375_300340763638721_318598942111342956_n.jpg

Back