Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would most agree that the KA version is a more reasonable option to collect than the HT, just by size alone? I've never considered the HB but curious to know why collectors in this thread prefer it to the HT version. Obviously, the fact that it is made helps, haha.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I was considering the KA version over the HT version simply because you can place a full 1/9 scale Mark 43 inside the HB, while one the HT version you can only see the head and upper torso of the Mark 43. Of course, that also meant that would have needed to find/buy a Mark 43 to place inside the HB.

I chose the HT version because I prefer the battle damaged look and the sheer size of the piece.

Was it shipped in its original brown shipper? How was it packed? Curious to know. Thanks.

It was packed nicely, sponge material over bubble wrap over the original brown KA shipper box, took me a while to actually get to the hulkbuster lol

I'm actually collecting both the KA and the HT versions - Have the HT version paid up and now waiting in limbo....pretty much the same for the KA version. Just waiting on that eventual email from BBTS. I think both versions have plenty of differences and not just in scale. The KA version is a clean armor while the HT version looks lived in quite a bit.

I was considering the KA version over the HT version simply because you can place a full 1/9 scale Mark 43 inside the HB, while one the HT version you can only see the head and upper torso of the Mark 43. Of course, that also meant that would have needed to find/buy a Mark 43 to place inside the HB.

I chose the HT version because I prefer the battle damaged look and the sheer size of the piece.

I will never understand the appeal of fitting the 43 into the Hulkbuster. It limits the articulation, and frankly I would be in constant fear of scratching the 43 while it sat in there. Very happy with the HT solution.

I will never understand the appeal of fitting the 43 into the Hulkbuster. It limits the articulation, and frankly I would be in constant fear of scratching the 43 while it sat in there. Very happy with the HT solution.

I feel the same. And to boot, it doesn't even come with the mk43. Add the price of the 43 with the 44 and it's nearly the same as hot toys version.

Depends where you live. KA 44 + 43 is nearly half the price of getting an HT for me.

2 full figures, half price, but larger than half the size of the HT, makes for an attractive figure purchase. Getting it before the HT was part of the attraction as well, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I'd rather get the smaller HB 1st, then be wow'd by the larger HB later. Not get the larger HB, then get the smaller HB later. The KA seems to be taking it's sweet time getting here.

Depends where you live. KA 44 + 43 is nearly half the price of getting an HT for me.

2 full figures, half price, but larger than half the size of the HT, makes for an attractive figure purchase. Getting it before the HT was part of the attraction as well, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I'd rather get the smaller HB 1st, then be wow'd by the larger HB later. Not get the larger HB, then get the smaller HB later. The KA seems to be taking it's sweet time getting here.

Sorry, but that's still not half the size of the hulkbuster from hot toys. More like a 1/3. Not counting just height, but overall size/girth.

And I'm not sure where you live and what prices your looking at, but the msrp of the ka 44 is 650ish and the 43 is 190. So about 840ish. The hulkbuster through bbts and sideshow is/was 850. Not sure where that's half. If you can find the KA hulkbuster alone for 400 I'd be surprised.

Edit-actually the hulkbuster from hot toys is 825. So the price is actually cheaper then the combined Ka figures....through eBay, ssc, bbts....

Last edited:
Sorry, but that's still not half the size of the hulkbuster from hot toys. More like a 1/3. Not counting just height, but overall size/girth.

And I'm not sure where you live and what prices your looking at, but the msrp of the ka 44 is 650ish and the 43 is 190. So about 840ish. The hulkbuster through bbts and sideshow is/was 850. Not sure where that's half. If you can find the KA hulkbuster alone for 400 I'd be surprised.

Edit-actually the hulkbuster from hot toys is 825. So the price is actually cheaper then the combined Ka figures....through eBay, ssc, bbts....
For size, I simply went with scale. Half of 1/6 scale, would be 1/12 scale? & since the KA is 1/9 scale, I figured it would be more than 1/2 the size of the HT. Unless my math is totally off on that.

As for the price, we've already had this discusdion before, where I discussed it with you in detail. The BBTS price is ridiculous for an international customer like me. Their price is like the cost of the figure, + the import costs to them, + perhaps their mark up. After all that, if I buy from them, I'd add their shipping cost to me, & maybe import fees on top of that, if the figure doesn't fly under the customs radar here. That makes for a ridiculously expensive Hulkbuster. If that was my only option, then yeah, I might not bother, but it's not.

Last edited:
1/12 would be half the size of 1/6, but also half all other dimensions, so it would take up 1/8 the volume (which is why 1/12 looks so puny next to 1/6).

1/9 would be 3/4 the height --> 27/64 volume, which is still under half the volume (but pretty close). So the KA Hulkbuster still takes up less than half the actual 'space' as HT, but not by much, while a 1/12 would be half as tall but take up way less space.

Last edited:
Not my collection or pics. But it gives you an idea for size.

And as for scale..the 1/6 and 1/9 and all that are never perfect scaled versions. And as was said, height and volume are not the same.

And as for price...if your adding import and taxes fees to your cost for one side of the equation...the hot toys figure...then you need to do it for the other. The price is equal so the fees and customs and all that are equal. I just used bbts as an example. The two companies are in the same location. Both KA and hot toys are Hong Kong based. The price is nearly identical for the combined 1/9 mk43 and mk44 and the 1/6 mk44. So, one is not twice as expensive as the other...your statements act like one (the hot toys) has customs and shipping and all that...and then the other doesn't. If you factor it into the price of one then it should be factored into the price of both. And given the cost of both sets is nearly identical I do not see how even with customs on one and not the other you get one for half the cost. Unless your saying you are paying 800usd in customs fees for the hot toys version and zero for the other two there is no way it's a two to one. Sorry. Or unless your paying under 400 for both the Kings arts 44 and 43. And if so please let me know where you got them.

It's easy enough to demonstrate the price. Just share the link where your getting them and it shows your price and argument over.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And as for price...if your adding import and taxes fees to your cost for one side of the equation...the hot toys figure...then you need to do it for the other. The price is equal so the fees and customs and all that are equal. I just used bbts as an example. The two companies are in the same location. Both KA and hot toys are Hong Kong based. The price is nearly identical for the combined 1/9 mk43 and mk44 and the 1/6 mk44. So, one is not twice as expensive as the other...your statements act like one (the hot toys) has customs and shipping and all that...and then the other doesn't. If you factor it into the price of one then it should be factored into the price of both. And given the cost of both sets is nearly identical I do not see how even with customs on one and not the other you get one for half the cost. Unless your saying you are paying 800usd in customs fees for the hot toys version and zero for the other two there is no way it's a two to one. Sorry. Or unless your paying under 400 for both the Kings arts 44 and 43. And if so please let me know where you got them.

It's easy enough to demonstrate the price. Just share the link where your getting them and it shows your price and argument over.
No, I'm not going to bother jumping through hoops for you, to discuss something we've already talked about in here. I already posted a detailed post about the cost of getting the figures to my door in this thread. Go find it if you want to be so argumentative, then ignore it when you realise I'm right, as per usual.

To my door, getting the KA 43 + 44 is close to half the price of getting the HT. Fact.

No, I'm not going to bother jumping through hoops for you, to discuss something we've already talked about in here. I already posted a detailed post about the cost of getting the figures to my door in this thread. Go find it if you want to be so argumentative, then ignore it when you realise I'm right, as per usual.

To my door, getting the KA 43 + 44 is close to half the price of getting the HT. Fact.

Would rep you if I could.

Just got my 10 day notice from BBTS so this is finally happening!!!! Had to cancel the 1/9th Iron Patriot for now (also due early July) - just can't throw down on both right now. I'll get him later though...one of the positives with King Arts being slow. Easy to catch up.

Back