Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of possible display options, I have an idea how i will pose my HB and Mark XLIII figure together. I plan to have HB hold out his left arm while IM is perched on that arm like a falcon.

Kinda like this:
2016_1_gerhard_innerbig.jpg

Any KA HB owners willing to mimic this pose? I will greatly appreciate it :clap

Imagine lying on the couch and you have the urge to fiddle with diecast figures...a slip of a finger could mean a possible concussion ^_^
:lol:lol The poor unfortunate soul this happens to will probably end up in the next Faces of Death.

No you are right. Hence why it's difficult to tell what parts are diecast without touching.

To me it's important to feel the touch of the diecast & feel the heft at the same time. That's why I'm a bit disappointed the diecast isn't all over the piece. I don't want a heavy piece for the sake of being heavy. If a figure (any diecast figure) was 80% diecast, but it was all interior diecast, & I couldn't touch any of it while handling, then it defeats the purpose of why I wanted it in the 1st place.

Maybe you missed the previous discussion about where the diecast is on the KA. It's already been said that most, or nearly all of it is in the legs (& a bit on the forearm if I'm not mistaken). To me, sadly, that sounds like most of the armour plates are plastic. Hence why I want the CMC HB as well now.

Agree. I never argued against what Motuxmen said there. He makes valid points. It's when he tries to morph his opinion into absolute fact, is where I think it gets ridiculous. Acting like he is speaking for the toy manufacturers, & passing his statements off as fact, when they are not. Like when he said the toy manufacturers sole (one & only) intended purpose for these HB figures, is to mimic what is seen onscreen, which I disagree with, & is proven by the inclusion of the "not movie accurate" clear yellow HB face plate for the KA figure. But as usual, he won't openly change his stubborn stance on that matter, & only comments that the bonus face plate is "weird" :slap To me, the whole onscreen accuracy argument, was simply a way for him to make the display options with the XLIII gimmick, look like a complete waste of time, taking away one of it's strongest features, & strengths, I guess to defend his precious HT, since it can't do it.

It's not my opinion it's the stated opinion of the manufacturer. And I won't change my stance Becuase there's no reason to. It's not my opinion or what I want. It's what they have said. It's their mission statement. Yes the faceplate is strange...but it's to replicate the up close HUD look, so it's pulled from the film. It's just not that great of a way to do it. The licensing that they are using means it's entire purpose is to simulate the movie.

I'm sure now it will be the standard comeback...well even if that's true it's not what I want. Which isn't what you where just arguing. You called me out for being stubborn and wrong but the truth is..I was correct.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I never doubted what you said about HT figures. Their company philosophy was always about movie-accurate figures...just from looking. Now let's look on the brighter side. We're all HT and/or KA fans -no reason for us to doubt one another. We wouldn't engage in these threads if we didn't.

It's not my opinion it's the stated opinion of the manufacturer.
Their mission statement isn't the same as what you said :slap
And I won't change my stance Becuase there's no reason to. It's not my opinion or what I want. It's what they have said. It's their mission statement.
Again, not the same as what you said.
I'm sure now it will be the standard comeback
Yep, standard comeback of me being correct.
well even if that's true it's not what I want.
Not my standard comback. Never said that, or implied that. Can't quote me because you're making it up.
Which isn't what you where just arguing.
Well, we're not arguing with any points of the mission statement, so I don't know why you even tried to use it against me in our disagreement.
You called me out for being stubborn and wrong but the truth is..I was correct.
Correct on what? You're still wrong on the sole intention of these figures.
King arts mission statement is exactly the same.
That mission statement doesn't even go against anything I was saying :slap Again, you seem to be changing the whole argument to try to suit your need to "win". I never said these couldn't be screen accurate. I said that it's not the sole intended purpose for these toys. They can be displayed as seen in the movie, or displayed like collectors have done with the KA, because they have the option to. You're saying KA wants collectors to lock their XLIII figure inside their HB, & never remove it, because it only appears like that in the movie? You think that's KA's intention when they designed their figure? Come on dude. Swallow your pride & admit you were wrong.

This is close to where we started this disagreement, when you said this:
No ones going to display a hulkbuster with another figure sitting on top of it for any length of time like you are saying. Nor does it reflect the screen versions of the figures, and that's all that these are intended to do.
Keywords are "all", where you say that is the one & only intended purpose of these figures is to look screen accurate on our shelves. & "these" where it seems you were implying your logic to both the KA & HT.

So you're previous points are still wrong, & I'm still right. The mission statement didn't do anything for you. Try again.

No you are right. Hence why it's difficult to tell what parts are diecast without touching.

To me it's important to feel the touch of the diecast & feel the heft at the same time. That's why I'm a bit disappointed the diecast isn't all over the piece. I don't want a heavy piece for the sake of being heavy. If a figure (any diecast figure) was 80% diecast, but it was all interior diecast, & I couldn't touch any of it while handling, then it defeats the purpose of why I wanted it in the 1st place.

Maybe you missed the previous discussion about where the diecast is on the KA. It's already been said that most, or nearly all of it is in the legs (& a bit on the forearm if I'm not mistaken). To me, sadly, that sounds like most of the armour plates are plastic. Hence why I want the CMC HB as well now.

Agree. I never argued against what Motuxmen said there. He makes valid points. It's when he tries to morph his opinion into absolute fact, is where I think it gets ridiculous. Acting like he is speaking for the toy manufacturers, & passing his statements off as fact, when they are not. Like when he said the toy manufacturers sole (one & only) intended purpose for these HB figures, is to mimic what is seen onscreen, which I disagree with, & is proven by the inclusion of the "not movie accurate" clear yellow HB face plate for the KA figure. But as usual, he won't openly change his stubborn stance on that matter, & only comments that the bonus face plate is "weird" :slap To me, the whole onscreen accuracy argument, was simply a way for him to make the display options with the XLIII gimmick, look like a complete waste of time, taking away one of it's strongest features, & strengths, I guess to defend his precious HT, since it can't do it.

Their mission statement isn't the same as what you said :slap

Again, not the same as what you said.

Yep, standard comeback of me being correct.

Not my standard comback. Never said that, or implied that. Can't quote me because you're making it up.

Well, we're not arguing with any points of the mission statement, so I don't know why you even tried to use it against me in our disagreement.

Correct on what? You're still wrong on the ]sole intention[/B of these figures.

That mission statement doesn't even go against anything I was saying :slap Again, you seem to be changing the whole argument to try to suit your need to "win". I never said these couldn't be screen accurate. I said that it's not the sole intended purpose for these toys. They can be displayed as seen in the movie, or displayed like collectors have done with the KA, because they have the option to. You're saying KA wants collectors to lock their XLIII figure inside their HB, & never remove it, because it only appears like that in the movie? You think that's KA's intention when they designed their figure? Come on dude. Swallow your pride & admit you were wrong.

This is close to where we started this disagreement, when you said this:

Keywords are "all", where you say that is the one & only intended purpose of these figures is to look screen accurate on our shelves. & "these" where it seems you were implying your logic to both the KA & HT.

So you're previous points are still wrong, & I'm still right. The mission statement didn't do anything for you. Try again.

So if I wasn't making sense why did you agree?

I never doubted what you said about HT figures. Their company philosophy was always about movie-accurate figures...just from looking. Now let's look on the brighter side. We're all HT and/or KA fans -no reason for us to doubt one another. We wouldn't engage in these threads if we didn't.

I can play the pick and choose game too

Their mission statement is exactly what I said. You can go back and pull posts out of order all you like.

You said I was wrong that the design (what the company's focus and purpose, or definition) for the figures was soley driven by screen accuracy. To make my point, I just screen capped the company's own words. You then said "never disagreed". Then you posted saying it had nothing to do with the argument. It may not have been directly related to a post 8 pages back, but it was directly related to the point I made in the post it was used in. And you in fact agreed with me.(see above)

If you have anything other then your opinion, like a statement from the company that their intent was to make something not seen on screen feel free to post it.

I was responding to your statement that I wasn't speaking for what the companies intended. To make my point I just screen grabbed what they said. They didn't say "intended"...but what they did say ..was that they are DEFINED by SCREEN ACCURACY...so the definition of a hot toy is-a figure that is exactly like the movie. Defined by is pretty much intended to be, is it not? I read the whole site and over and over and over and over (I found nearly 100 reference before I stopped between King arts and hot toys) the words "screen accurate". And not once did I say they designed them for anything else. Not even once.

I never said you couldn't do something else with it. But that they are designed for screen accuracy. That's is the single driving design factor. The sole purpose behind its design.

Last edited:
1st off. Big fail quoting someone else. You're too desperate to put words into my mouth to come across right.
So if I wasn't making sense why did you agree?
Loomunis said:
2nd .....
Their mission statement is exactly what I said.
What you're saying now, but not exactly what you said a few pages back, where our disagreement started, & to what I have been referring to this whole time .....
You can go back and pull posts out of order all you like.
It's not like I rearranged the wording on your post, or changed it's meaning. I quoted it how you posted it. & it is a stand alone point you were making, so what does it matter if I bring it up a few pages later? Unless you don't agree with what you said anymore.
You said I was wrong that the design (what the company's focus and purpose, or definition) for the figures was soley driven by screen accuracy.
Never said that. I said that you were wrong that (proven by the design of the KA figure) the sole intended purpose (meaning one purpose, & one purpose only), was to be displayed for screen accuracy. I was defending the KA's ability to have multiple non screen accurate displays at the time, when you pretty much dismissed that ability as being a waste of time.
To make my point, I just screen capped the company's own words. You then said "never disagreed". Then you posted saying it had nothing to do with the argument. It may not have been directly related to a post 8 pages back, but it was directly related to the point I made in the post it was used in. And you in fact agreed with me.(see above)
See the above fail?

4vGmKdf.png

Yeah, I saw that.

& you don't play the pick & choose game very well .....
If you have anything other then your opinion, like a statement from the company that their intent was to make something not seen on screen feel free to post it.
We don't need to read a statement. We can see with our own eyes how the KA is designed, & can use our common sense to figure out it's intended use, & see, by design, it's not limited to screen accurate display. Or are you saying it's being displayed wrong, & KA only intended for us to keep the XLIII locked inside the their HB, never to see the light of day? .....

Remember you said sole intention was to be screen accurate. Meaning one & only intention. Meaning they only intend it to be displayed screen accurate. Meaning they want you to basically ignore the display options with their XLIII gimmick. Do you still agree with that statement you made, & that it implies to the KA figure?
I was responding to your statement that I wasn't speaking for what the companies intended. To make my point I just screen grabbed what they said. They didn't say "intended"...but what they did say ..was that they are DEFINED by SCREEN ACCURACY...so the definition of a hot toy is-a figure that is exactly like the movie. Defined by is pretty much intended to be, is it not?
Except .....

That's not exactly what you said earlier in the post I was referencing. I already quoted you.

You can rearrange your wording now to try & morph your previous statement into the point you are trying to make now, but all that does is make what we disagreed upon void. Because now you're arguing something else, using an HT mission statement that I never disagreed with in the 1st place. I agree with the way HT words it, but not with your previous stated version, that you seem to be trying to change now.
I read the whole site and over and over and over and over
You should read your posts over & over before clicking "submit reply" .....
(I found nearly 100 reference before I stopped between King arts and hot toys) the words "screen accurate". And not once did I say they designed them for anything else. Not even once.
Not once did I say you did.
I never said you couldn't do something else with it. But that they are designed for screen accuracy. That's is the single driving design factor. The sole purpose behind its design.
Like the HT, the driving force behind the design factor of the KA is obviously to look like the movie HB 1st, but they are still toys, so it's not the single driving force behind their design. With the KA, it's designed with the added fun factor of having a removable XLIII, that opens up a bunch of "not so accurate to the movie" displays, & including a yellow clear faceplate for some extra random fun. Surely it was designed that way by KA for that purpose? Or do you still feel the sole purpose behind the KA design is to be screen accurate?

/

Do you know what "sole" means? If you replaced the word "sole" with "one & only" in some of your posts, maybe then you can see the flaw in them.

You guys seriously need to stop this nonsense. Don't let anger get the best of us by clouding our judgement.

Motux: before you assume i was refuting you from HT HB thread, you should re-read my post. I said IM [as a franchise] is designed based on the comics..or for lack of a better word "inspired" by the comic [versions]. There's nothing wrong about what you said about HT's mission statement. But make no mistake, i'm not wrong either in that perspective. If you want to hold me against using the word "designed based on" instead of "inspired by" then so be it. They're the same to me.

You're both winners. Great quotes and comebacks on a bunch of misunderstandings. In the meantime, I'll prepare some hot tea to enjoy.

STORENVY_20Hulkbuster_20v_20Hulk_original.jpg

(update: There are many things wrong with this picture. For instance: HB's battle damaged chest is on the wrong side, oil never spewed out of HB's torn arm, this is a 2D fan drawing and this "scene" never happened in the movie. It's another take or summary of their battle...nothing more.)

Unfortunately with these diecast figures, most companies try to market the percentage of parts made from diecast. Which means they would put them on most major pieces all over the body rather than being focused in specific areas.

I absolutely agree with you that value and aesthetics and collector value are subjective. The HT HB is way outside my budget range, sadly, but although the KA and SHF HB are more affordable, to me, they wouldn't fit into the rest of my collection, and the bang-for-buck value isn't necessarily better than HT.

As an aside, though, I thought I'd point this out:

Weight = mass * gravitational acceleration, so they're indeed positively correlated. However, mass = volume * density, so unless we're considering something extremely hollow/dense, there's still gonna be a reasonable level of correlation between mass and volume (size).

Great point alex. No doubt companies will serve their own interests by giving consumers the illusion of value.

You guys seriously need to stop this nonsense. Don't let anger get the best of us by clouding our judgement.
I'm not angry. We're still on topic, & we haven't (between the 2 of us anyway) let it deteriorate into name calling, so I think the discussion is fine.

/

Motuxmen, I will post your whole post, to give it enough context, & highlight the part I disagree with.
Totally disagree. That's not even close to an even comparison. It's either the KA 43 and 44 vs the ht44 or the ht44 vs the ka44. No ones going to display a hulkbuster with another figure sitting on top of it for any length of time like you are saying. Nor does it reflect the screen versions of the figures, and that's all that these are intended to do. The hot toys version can replicate the screen used HB and 43 straight out of the box. If you want to include the 43 with your comparison of the KA that's fine. But there's no need to add a second one with the HT version so it can do some pose that had nothing to do with the MCU version of the HB suit.

Besides you could stand the ka43 on top of the ka44 and it would only be the same height as the HT version. And a lot less sturdy and a lot less possible in that set up. For esentlly the same price.

The only way to get screen accurate poses of the king arts hulkbuster with the 43 is to buy both. With the hot toys version it's all included. The fact it's not designed to do circus poses that where not in the film, remotely, doesn't mean it's worse. It means it's accurate.
Do you still agree with the highlighted statement (in it's exact wording) Motuxmen? It is the basis of our disagreement. So if you are trying to argue with me about something else, then it won't make sense to me. You're pulling out mission statements I have no issue with, arguing points I never contested, & not reading my posts (or even your own) properly, making the whole discussion messy.

That was a party pooping type statement, which was also untrue, at an exciting time with the KA HB release.

If you admit you were wrong then, or stay silent on the matter & secretly agree with me like you usually do, then yay, we are done.

Does anyone know when king arts will start shipping the hulkbusters to the dealers?

I am in HK, and I made my reservation on 1 Jun, 2015. There is still no official news saying when will the 2nd batch be distributed, even in local market of HK. KA only serves VIP and promotional copies in the 1st batch. And neglects all the normal users who had paid their deposit.

KA is famous on delay and make buyers waiting in long period of time without replies, so, we can only wait and beg them improve their distribution. Really bad reputation on customer services and distribution for this company

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

Any news on the release of the king arts hulkbuster in hk yet? Seen on the king arts Facebook page that it would be late may? Is this true?

Nope, KA only distributed to those famous toy collectors and promotion agents. For normal collectors who had paid their deposits, KA totally neglect them.

KA still distributing only the first few hours of the reservations in this month, and stay quite on all the enquiries and resentment had been fired to her facebook page.

If u can read Chinese, u can add KA Facebook page and read yourself. Despite neglecting the resentments of her customers, KA keeps promoting new products and new flagship shops overseas, that makes the customers more angry as KA only get the deposits and delivered nothing and neglects the resentment totally.

This is the current status on KA HB distribution

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

Back