Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f56626fe028bdb2a34fcc3769403dfc6.jpg

Started to distribute in HK

Whoops, sorry, my bad, you do need the Mark XLIII figure. There's nowhere else for the Mark XLIII head to go. There isn't a peg and platform like with the HT version.
Had me all excited ..... :slap

You lose the internet today YankeesFanboy .....

Thanks for posting the videos. I'm going to watch them later.

Had me all excited ..... :slap

You lose the internet today YankeesFanboy .....

Thanks for posting the videos. I'm going to watch them later.

Hey! :thwak It's not my fault somebody put the head in plastic! :lol

If you can get the HB for about $550 shipped and the XLIII for about $200, it compares very favorably to the HT.

I find that to be an unfair comparison in here. It seems to always be KA Hulkbuster + KA MkXLIII vs HT Hulkbuster .....

Yeah sure, the KA can't match the open helmet look the HT can achieve, but then, if you're going to bundle the KA MkXLIII with the KA Hulkbuster, the HT Hulkbuster alone wouldn't be able to match it in a pose similar to this:

Hulkbuster-xm-studios.jpg

Not that exact pose of course. I'm talking about the idea of having a displayable full MkXLIII armour. It's not like the KA Hulkbuster is undisplayable without the KA MkXLIII. It's still it's own figure.

I disagree, I think it's a fair comparison. I don't know how much diecast the KA has but at least it has some, unlike the HT. I know that's important to a fair number of collectors.

One thing the HT won't have, most likely, is light-up repulsors in its soles, like the KA.

This is probably the HB to own thus far.

A fairer comparion would be KA Hulkbuster + KA MkXLIII vs HT Hulkbuster + HT MkXLIII. That's more evenly matched in what type of different Hulkbuster (with MkXLIII) looks can be achieved. I think there was a pic somewhere with the MkXLIII on top of the Hulkbuster which looked kinda cool. Not sure where I saw it though. I thought it was the XM, but nope. Unless I imagined it :lol

Totally disagree. That's not even close to an even comparison. It's either the KA 43 and 44 vs the ht44 or the ht44 vs the ka44. No ones going to display a hulkbuster with another figure sitting on top of it for any length of time like you are saying. Nor does it reflect the screen versions of the figures, and that's all that these are intended to do. The hot toys version can replicate the screen used HB and 43 straight out of the box. If you want to include the 43 with your comparison of the KA that's fine. But there's no need to add a second one with the HT version so it can do some pose that had nothing to do with the MCU version of the HB suit.

Besides you could stand the ka43 on top of the ka44 and it would only be the same height as the HT version. And a lot less sturdy and a lot less possible in that set up. For esentlly the same price.

The only way to get screen accurate poses of the king arts hulkbuster with the 43 is to buy both. With the hot toys version it's all included. The fact it's not designed to do circus poses that where not in the film, remotely, doesn't mean it's worse. It means it's accurate.

A fairer comparion would be KA Hulkbuster + KA MkXLIII vs HT Hulkbuster + HT MkXLIII.

Nah. :lol The KA features diecast but so does the SHF. No, the KA's main selling point is an entire figure (sold separately) that can fit inside the HB while HT's is 1/6, the gold standard scale of high-end.

Behold! Courtesy of **** Po. :thud:

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

Something about the chest open doesn't look right. Not sure what it is off hand.

waiting for budget starks review on the KA hulkbuster,
should be there within the next 24 hours! :hi5:

Totally disagree. That's not even close to an even comparison. It's either the KA 43 and 44 vs the ht44 or the ht44 vs the ka44.
A straight up comparison between the KA & HT I think is best. Product vs product. If one compared the KA XLIII vs HT XLIII, that would be a fair comparison right? Then one compared the KA HB vs HT HB, you would still consider that fair right? So if I did a YouTube review of the KA XLIII + HB vs HT XLIII + HB, that would be an unfair comparison? I don't think so.
No ones going to display a hulkbuster with another figure sitting on top of it for any length of time like you are saying.
Wrong.

forum.php

forum.php

& it looks like a fun display.
Nor does it reflect the screen versions of the figures, and that's all that these are intended to do.
They're also toys, intended to be played with. So you can do "taboo" things like put the Iron Patriot in the HB for no reason other than to see what it looks like, let HT Spidey join the HT Avengers, have ripped pants HT Hulk vs Hulkbuster ..... etc. You know, imagination.
The hot toys version can replicate the screen used HB and 43 straight out of the box. If you want to include the 43 with your comparison of the KA that's fine. But there's no need to add a second one with the HT version so it can do some pose that had nothing to do with the MCU version of the HB suit.
There's no need to buy the KA XLIII to have the KA HB also replicate the screen used Hulkbuster right out of the box either.
Besides you could stand the ka43 on top of the ka44 and it would only be the same height as the HT version. And a lot less sturdy and a lot less possible in that set up. For esentlly the same price.
Yeah, 1/9 scale is smaller than 1/6. I knew that already.
The only way to get screen accurate poses of the king arts hulkbuster with the 43 is to buy both. With the hot toys version it's all included. The fact it's not designed to do circus poses that where not in the film, remotely, doesn't mean it's worse. It means it's accurate.
Who said the HT was worse?

/

Let's leave it at you (& YankeesFanboy & maybe others :gah:) think 2 figures vs 1 is a fair comparison, & I feel differently.

These are not intended to be "played with" . There designed to be posable statues. Can you play with them? Sure. That's not what they are designed for. And they are for sure not made to reflect some non MCU version of the figure.

As for the "wrong" and being displayed standing on top of each other...I didn't say someone wouldn't take a photo that way. I said displayed. As in left that way in a shelf. Reposting a photo that's been posted before of a scene doesn't change that. Sorry. Unless you are telling me you believe people will be leaving the hulkbuster in that pose for extended periods?

As for the comparison. Look man you can make whatever video you want. Who cares what anyone says. But when you start trying to add additional items to come up with some cross company cross product comparison your going to be wasting your time. Fair isn't the word I should have used. Accurate is. What do you get with each company's version of hulkbuster. What is actually included and achievable with the product. Not throwing in other things to buy.

So yes, KA HB to HT HB is the only accurate comparison. If you want to make it a comparison where you get the KA product to match what the HT one can do straight out of the box you need to have the KA 43 as well. But then trying to compare the HT version doing poses like the 43 riding his shoulder or whatever is not an accurate comparison of anything. Unless you can show me a single second of screen time that would even remotely have been used for hot toys to emulate. The HT version is based on what was shown on the film. The fact that the 43 can't stand on top of HB head is pointless.

As for your I knew 1/9 was smaller then 1/6 comment. Well that's fantastic. But not at all what I said. I was making the point that even having the ka43 standing on the ka44, the hot toys version is still larger or equal in height and girth ect. Having the ht43 standing on top of the ht44 would make it a 3 plus foot tall mass. And even you can't tell me you think there's going to be people "playing" with them in that way.

And this whole discusion I find silly.(KA HB vs HT HB) when the HT version is not put to actually compare. No ones knows if the KA holds its own against the HT. Or if that KA is any more posable. Comparing two products(or three or four when you throw in the 43s) that you don't have seems pretty silly at this point. I'd reserve judgment on which version is better till they are both out.

I would contend that the KA holds its own against the HT because it offers something important that the HT does not - a figure within a figure. The HB is a heavily-fortified shell for a man-sized IM armor, the XLIII in the case of AoU. Advantage, KA.

But the KA HB alone cannot recreate one of the signature moments from the movie - the HB helmet slamming down shut over the Mark XLIII's head, like a knight preparing for a joust. Advantage, HT.

I can see that point. And I actually really like the KA version. But as was pointed out before, the issue is that its biggest advantage or feature requires you to buy another product.so it offers essentially a big hole. With the chance for you to spend 200 dollars to fill it. And one that isn't exactly cheap. For me that means the KA just doesn't measure well against the HT version. And when you factor in the seperate but essentially required mk43 to the KA it ends up being nearly as expensive as the hot toys HB. At a 1/3 the size. And the HT versions has swap out BD parts to boot.

The KA figure is great. I actually like the shf one too. But currently I think they just don't compare well to the HT. Had KA included a 43 or even w partial version with a mounting peg I think it would have been a lot closer call. But right now I just don't think it's even close. For me.

KA HB definitely has a nice die-cast heft to it along with the bonus 'cockpit' cavity. However, like Motux said, there are definitely advantages to the HT HB since you get a more "complete" product as opposed to a missing figure/bust. If I have the extra $200 to spare, i would definitely recommend people collect KA HB + XLIII. In contrast, HT HB is priced at $825 for a 1/6 (standard scale) with the bust sculpted into the figure -pitting against KA's $550 + $200 figure in 1/9 scale (non-standard). IMO, HT HB has slightly better value minus the die-cast and 'cockpit' - both are excellent figures.

P.S. not sure if anyone noticed the KA's version with missing (horizontal) panel-lines from the abs? Food for thought.

Back