KILL BILL

• Thread starter Lookin4Precious
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW the rumored title for the Special Edition is KILL BILL:THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR

Thanks, forgot to mention that! I just want it NOW! haha

Well, maybe not top 10 films but anything more than that I'd have a hard time seeing them not be in a list while I could see KB or PF being left off.

Just some food for thought... on IMDB's top 250 films of all time.. here is how some of the films in question stack up...

Pulp Fiction - #11
Kill Bill: Vol 1- #65
Kill Bill: Vol 2 - #87
Ben-Hur - #136
The Ten Commandments - No where in sight....

I understand that this is not scientific or the be all end all in top films, but like i said, just some food for thought.....

Also.. Rottentomatoes rates the same films the following...

Pulp Fiction - 94%
Kill Bill: Vol 1 - 84%
Kill Bill: Vol 2 - 85%
Ben-Hur - 95%
The Ten Commandments - 89%

I've never watched more than I'd say 10 mins of PF.

Then how can you say anthing, whether positive or negative about it???

Anyway, as I said, you're entitled to your opinon Josh... Peace Love and Prosperity...:peace

Just some food for thought... on IMDB's top 250 films of all time.. here is how some of the films in question stack up...

IMDB is a horrible list for modern films. They do get their classics more in line with what I consider "great" movies, but people tend to rate stuff they just saw as a "10" without letting it digest over a period of years.

I mean do you really think "The Matrix" is the #34 film of all time or "Fight Club" is #37? Those will be completely forgotten in 50 years. Shawshank Redemption is a great movie, but the #2 film EVER? I think not.

I've never watched more than I'd say 10 mins of PF.

Gotta agree with L4P here, Josh. Don't comment on a film negatively if you haven't seen it.

For the record, I really liked Kill Bill. My favorite part was the anime sequence in Part 1. I thought it was really well done and very creative, even if some people think QT is just a ripoff artist.

I think the way that Kill Bill copies other movies so much is more of an homage than a ripoff, which makes it so great.

Well, like you said IMDB isn't the end all be all especially when only a certain kind of voter is allowed. I'm sure I could find lots of rankings where QT movies are no place. Those are good % for QT films they are liked thats no doubt

Then how can you say anthing, whether positive or negative about it???

Well, I've seen enough of the movie and enough of bits from clips show to know there is no way I'd like this film. I've probably seen more than 10 mins

Just some stuff from Rotten Tomatoes of films I would put way way ahead of any QT film. Some of them don't beat the 94 for pulp fiction but you get the point.

100% The Godfather
100% The Godfather Part II
100% Raging Bull
100% Singin' in the Rain
100% Rocky
100% To Kill a Mockingbird
100% 12 Angry Men
93% FOTR
98% TTT
95% ROTK
93% ANH
98% ESB
81% ROTJ

Gotta agree with L4P here, Josh. Don't comment on a film negatively if you haven't seen it.

I've seen enough of it to know I don't like the movie. Like I said I was exaggerating the amount I've seen. I'll comment on anything I've seen enough of to know I like or don't.

Elwood don't take that as me being angry with you per say. I'm just saying I've seen enough to comment on the movie.

Just some stuff from Rotten Tomatoes of films I would put way way ahead of any QT film.

I would put all of those films ahead of any QT film as well (including Pulp Fiction). Every film in your list is truly great. PF is great too, but I think it's a little lower on my personal list than those films.

Elwood don't take that as me being angry with you per say. I'm just saying I've seen enough to comment on the movie.

I know you're not angry. I actually completely agree with most of what you're saying. I didn't realize you were exaggerating about the 10 min. part. I feel like many people on the internet (and I'm not saying you in particular), say extremely positive or negative things about a film they've never seen.

To spark further debate here's a very good list of the 100 greatest movies of all time from Time Magazine that was just released. It has created much debate on internet forums like this one:

www.time.com/time/2005/10..._list.html

Josh, you'll be pleased to know that they rate LOTR as one of the 100 best (I have to agree with them).

My beloved Star Wars also made the list.

Edit: Damn, I've only seen 35 of their 100 best movies.:eek: Need to watch some more.

Re: 100 greatest movies of all time from Time Magazine

That list is crap, I can think of several animated movies that are far better then Finding Nemo, Like Bambi, or Fantasia, or Princess Mononoke. And No Close Encounters of the Third Kind or Modern Times, Ha!
At least The Good, The Bad and The Ugly made the list.

(and I'm not saying you in particular), say extremely positive or negative things about a film they've never seen.

Yeah, thats why I make sure I always see enough of something before I say something is good or especially bad. I do apologize if I came across as angry at ya though. :toast

I agree with many on that list and am glad to see LOTR and SW on it.

As I said, IMDB's is NOT the be all end all, simply a list I know about and chose to leave. Although it isn't just as simple as people voting 10's bc they like a movie... not every vote counts for the top 250... you have to be a special voter.. not sure how it works.. but yeah.

And yes, MOST of those films on that list are very good if not great Josh. I personally hate Singing in the Rain, and I love musicals. Return of the Jedi, while being very good, is not great in my opinion, and i'm not HUGE on the whole SW thing anyway. But films like most things deal with personal opinon. It is rediculous argueing which film is better because people have such different opinions on the same thing. To me, KB as one movie is one of the greatest of all time (probably factoring in somewhere between #10-#20 for me), but i understand some people may not agree.

PEACH Y'ALL

You know, jlcmsu, you should maybe give Vol. 2 a chance. I didn't like Vol. 1 that much (but after seeing Vol. 2 and then watching them back-to-back, I have much more respect for it), but I would rate Volume 2 as one of the best movies of 2004. It was pure entertainment. The Pei Mei sequence is brilliant - I was giggling with glee through the entire bit. I like my movies sassy and sarcastic - probably why I like Buffy so much too!

I think QT can at times be over-rated. But he definitely has moments of genius. I would rank PF in my top-15 and the KB films in my top-25. I always have a hard time ranking films though, I love too many of them! :yay

Hey L4P! :D

I love your thread!

But... man if I hadn't seen the movies (yet still wanted to) I'd be mighty upset right now! hehehe

What a great analysis of the Kill Bill motion picture! Great job.

I don't have any concrete top favourites list beyond my all time top top favourites.

Ben Hur is my classic favourite movie. It's been my favourite movie ever since I've seen it. Nothing except one movie has matched it for raw emotion and appeal to me. That other movie, which is only just sorta new, is The Passion of the Christ. I'd say it ties Ben Hur for first, but BH still has a special spot 'cause nothing has beaten it in my heart. :)

Then I like the Alien Quadrilogy as some of my personal favourites. I also own (and very much like) Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill. I've thought of getting Pulp Fiction, but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

I can't wait to see a different cut of KB! Well actually I can, but I will love to see it when it comes out!

Its all good L4P its all about discussion. Nothing more nothing less :)

BV,

Yeah, I do wanna see KB V2 to see if it adds anything to V1 which is ok. I just think overall QT is at best an average Director and most of the time is a hack.

Cool Josh... and Vol 2 brings EVERYTHING to Vol 1. Vol one is ALL ACTION, with very little emotional waters being tread. That is why it is CRUCIAL to view it as one movie, with Vol 2, you get a sense of who Beatrix is, not just why she is pissed and how badass she is. You get a sense of who Bill is, and what their relationship is. You can't have one without the other, so be sure to let me know what you think after you've seen it!

I just think overall QT is at best an average Director and most of the time is a hack.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more with that statement. I just love how Quentin's movies are pieced together out of sequence but come together at the end to really give resonance to elements that came before. it's from this that you can see that QT is a comic book fan, that's where time can be best manipulated in story.

Saw Part 2 yesterday. Not bad. It was pretty decent and goes well obvisously with part 1 to make "One" good film. Probably QT best work which may not be saying a lot :p ;)

good Josh, glad to know you can admit it was good. Vol 2 REALLY brings it all together and makes the whole thing something compelety different..... its the whole bloody affair!

Nah I told ya if I liked it I would say so. Overall, it still doesn't make me think much higher of QT but maybe he could direct a bowl movement now :p :lol

One of my all time favorites. I would say I liked Kill Bill V.1 Better than Pulp Fiction.........

And where are the Sideshow 1/6 scale figures for Kill Bill???
I would buy them all. There are some awesome character designs, and costumes in these films. I would Love to see all the Deadly vipers released, along with Go-Go, some crazy 88's,
Pai Mai (sp), and just about any figures from Kill Bill. I am sure they would be amazing.

hehe.. i love it when a post is resurrected from the dead...

Yeah, SS Kill Bill would be AMAZING!

Back