[Kato Work] Beige Levi's Jacket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The definition of being a "serious" collector can be stretched. It doesn't even have to be wealth, you are serious if you are driven by a passion to collect, you don't have to buy the best stuff, but you will buy for the sake of having a piece in your collection to make it better than what it was.

On the other hand, like Wake said, you gotta buy whatever it takes to make your stuff look as close to source material as possible. That's pretty serious.

I am still debating whether to get the jacket or not, obviously I'm not going to make a new Rick for every season of Walking Dead they have, so I will choose my favourite look to portray and perfect, I think this jacket is great, but shouldn't be the iconic look for Rick...

I think he's been shown wearing it in early season 4 promo shots

I wouldn't say a collector isn't "serious" about collecting if he isn't wanting to pony up the cash for certain piece. I mean, let's be real. Kato is fabulous at what he does, not doubt about that at all. Myself....I've been a Punisher collector for over 26 years. I've bought just about everything I could get my hands on. I consider myself serious....very serious when it comes to that. I forked over tons of money for various items, but if there's something that's totally off the wall price wise, I just pass it up. There's a fine line between buying a high dollar collectible and paying the mortgage. That doesn't mean you're not a serious collector. It just means you have some common sense. Personally I might buy the jacket, but I will struggle with paying that kind of money for it knowing that some company out there has the license and will be producing this stuff in the future.
Im the same way. I mean $300 bucks for a jacket? Hell thats 2 full boxed figs! LOL.

The definition of being a "serious" collector can be stretched. It doesn't even have to be wealth, you are serious if you are driven by a passion to collect, you don't have to buy the best stuff, but you will buy for the sake of having a piece in your collection to make it better than what it was.

On the other hand, like Wake said, you gotta buy whatever it takes to make your stuff look as close to source material as possible. That's pretty serious.

I am still debating whether to get the jacket or not, obviously I'm not going to make a new Rick for every season of Walking Dead they have, so I will choose my favourite look to portray and perfect, I think this jacket is great, but shouldn't be the iconic look for Rick...

I made my own season 3 rick, and my own jacket too, but the iconic look to me is still the sheriff uniform.

ddc88780736cf09fcf7d2d35170751ca_zps7f15b556.jpg

Im the same way. I mean $300 bucks for a jacket? Hell thats 2 full boxed figs! LOL.

I made my own season 3 rick, and my own jacket too, but the iconic look to me is still the sheriff uniform.

For me, and I'm sure a lot of guys who collect more custom stuff, choosing to give up a higher quantity of figures for higher quality pieces is a sacrifice you have to make. For the most part my collection is pretty focused. I'd rather only sink money into characters that I really love instead of buying up every other HT's or Enterbay figure. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just find it more rewarding and get more out of my collection that way. It's really just different styles of collecting. There's no right or wrong way.

Menelosos...what happens when you buy almost every custom out there...and almost every HT and Enterbay out there?....

i think i'm sick...:-/

customs is where its at man....but seriously...i have to stop spending...lol....and NO WAY could i start a new hobby...NO WAY!!!!

Menelosos...what happens when you buy almost every custom out there...and almost every HT and Enterbay out there?....

i think i'm sick...:-/

Move onto dioramas? Stop motion animation? Come to think of it though I think you are on just about every list I'm on. :lol
Don't worry though man. There will always be something new to buy. That's the best and worst part about collecting.

customs is where its at man....but seriously...i have to stop spending...lol....and NO WAY could i start a new hobby...NO WAY!!!!

Tell me about it! LOL... ive moved far away from where I started in this hobby. My first figures were non-specific Soldier Story and DID WWII and MOdern soldier figures. THen I sold all of those (with the exception of DID's Capt. Miller and Major Konig--both movie figures) and started collecting Hot Toys and EB. But I quickly realized that I didn't like most of the films they offered figures for. SO I sold maybe 80% of that collection only keeping a small percentage of the movie figures i did like. After that I graduated to larger run customs like the iminime figures. Soon the hyper-exclusive 20 pc runs like Rainman and Kato/Sean's Rick. Now I've gotten into not only commissioning completely OOAK figures with totally custom headsculpts, paintwork and clothing but building massive dioramas to house them in! LOL. I cant wait to stop. :cuckoo::slap

Tell me about it! LOL... ive moved far away from where I started in this hobby. My first figures were non-specific Soldier Story and DID WWII and MOdern soldier figures. THen I sold all of those (with the exception of DID's Capt. Miller and Major Konig--both movie figures) and started collecting Hot Toys and EB. But I quickly realized that I didn't like most of the films they offered figures for. SO I sold maybe 80% of that collection only keeping a small percentage of the movie figures i did like. After that I graduated to larger run customs like the iminime figures. Soon the hyper-exclusive 20 pc runs like Rainman and Kato/Sean's Rick. Now I've gotten into not only commissioning completely OOAK figures with totally custom headsculpts, paintwork and clothing but building massive dioramas to house them in! LOL. I cant wait to stop. :cuckoo::slap

I'd like to call bull**** on this last statement. We all love buying 1/6th if we didn't we wouldn't be here. If you genuinely want to stop then stop don't go on about how terrible it is your spending so much money on this stuff :rotfl.

i am...only thing is...i can't sell em like wake did...i literally have close to or over 350 figures....and that doesn't include the sets i have bought to make full figures with which i would say is close to 50....dioramas might be the way to go tho....i have looked at Wake's dio's and really thought thats something i could do...

I'd like to call bull**** on this last statement. We all love buying 1/6th if we didn't we wouldn't be here. If you genuinely want to stop then stop don't go on about how terrible it is your spending so much money on this stuff :rotfl.

No mate, I really do feel its a compulsion. It's hard for me to stop. You know how many times I've said "After such and such a figure I'm done!" or "As soon as I get this last batch of customs painted" or "only dios for me from here on out!"...?? LOL. It's hard to stop. There's always something cooler around the bend and a new figure. I think eventually I will be able to at least curtail it and maintain the collecting by only focusing on completing lines I already have (i.e. Burton Batman) or only getting figures from really important movies and merely improving my existing versions of characters. Slippery slope tho. But I can't imagine how much more money I'd have... then again I might of spent it on something less valuable. At the end of the day the collection is an insurance policy as the figures do have great resale value.

i am...only thing is...i can't sell em like wake did...i literally have close to or over 350 figures....and that doesn't include the sets i have bought to make full figures with which i would say is close to 50....dioramas might be the way to go tho....i have looked at Wake's dio's and really thought thats something i could do...

I think the hardest thing to do was to sell my first figure that I liked (not loved). Once you start then it begins to feel easier. Collections are about completion so its hard to make something incomplete by selling it. This was especially hard when I sold my Iron MAn 2 figures. I only kept the Mark IV. I loved War Machine and Whiplash just didn't have space in my collection (thanks to my refocusing on dioramas) for extraneous figures from movies I was 'meh' about. Same goes for all the additional jokers and original costume batmans from Begins.

Sometimes you can't let go of a figure (Redskull) even though I sold all the companion pieces becuase you think its so cool, other times you kick yourself and end up rebuying a figure you loved (HT Scarecrow), and sometimes you realize "hey I really didnt even like that figure or movie/film that much to warrant owning it" (Scarface).

I heard stamp collecting is even more exciting than this stuff. :peace

Man stay away from those stamps! More addictive than crack stamps! It's a slippery slope before you know it you've sold all your possessions and find yourself giving handjobs in a back alley for penny blacks!

I'm the same way man. I guess I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to collectables, which is another reason I've tried to limit what I collect to franchises that I really, really enjoy. I'm always afraid Ill regret selling it and have to buy it back for twice what I payed for it originally.
No mate, I really do feel its a compulsion. It's hard for me to stop. You know how many times I've said "After such and such a figure I'm done!" or "As soon as I get this last batch of customs painted" or "only dios for me from here on out!"...?? LOL. It's hard to stop. There's always something cooler around the bend and a new figure. I think eventually I will be able to at least curtail it and maintain the collecting by only focusing on completing lines I already have (i.e. Burton Batman) or only getting figures from really important movies and merely improving my existing versions of characters. Slippery slope tho. But I can't imagine how much more money I'd have... then again I might of spent it on something less valuable. At the end of the day the collection is an insurance policy as the figures do have great resale value.
The problem is, well it's not really a problem, but the advances being made right now really make it hard to ever feel like a collection is complete or it can't be improved upon. I know 1/6 has been around longer than some of us have been alive, but to me it seems like things are starting to peek right now. And these boards have so many talented people its hard for me to say that's it. Like this is as good as this particular part of my collection can get.

Man stay away from those stamps! More addictive than crack stamps! It's a slippery slope before you know it you've sold all your possessions and find yourself giving handjobs in a back alley for penny blacks!

:lecture the voice of experience speaking there!

Back