K-Mac first painting attempts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapitoMX

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hope this is the right area for this. If not, please MODS place it where it should be.

My very good friend (K-Mac) who has been a partner with me on the commissions of Various Jason Voorhees heads has asked me to start this thread up for him.

The other day he got the urge to try to paint one of the blank cast of Rocco's Jason 4 sculpt. He went out and brought supplies at A.C. Moore's and went straight to work. I was very impressed with what he accomplish for being his first time doing this. He would like to get some honest feedback from you folks here on the thread. Don't hold back, and creative criticism is welcome.

Enough talk, here there are....
DSC02403.jpg

DSC02407.jpg

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02409.jpg

kmacjason4paint.jpg

kmacjason4maskpaint.jpg

Here are a few more pics my friend did on Suncho's Jason part 2 sculpt. He did not color in the sculpted hair stubble Daniel put on the sculpt because he will be adding some "real hair" directly on it. As well, he tried this time around to paint some veins effect on the head. Again, Some honest constructive feedback welcomed.....
kenjsaon23.jpg

kenjason2side2.jpg

kenjason2side.jpg

kenjason2side3.jpg

kenjason2.jpg

Your friend is doing some good work. I'd agree with EF that (at least the first sculpt) is too shiny. But if he seals it with matte clear acryl that will help knock the shine down quite a bit... but then he could hit some of the spots with gloss (eyes, mouth, wound) to get them to pop a bit more.

The only other thing would be to make the pupils a bit smaller on the first sculpt... but looks like he got that sorted out on the Pt2 sculpt.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm also impress with what he put out so for being he never did this before. I'm showing him certain threads from Elvis, Small Studios and others to help give him some ideas and tips. But again thanks for the feedback for him

Back