Just when you thought it was safe to back to the Movie Theater, it's Twilight Eclipse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more of this garbage. why don't they wait 2 or 3 years between each release to really milk them for all they're worth in marketing? they are really blowing their wads too early. they should consult George Lucas and plan this out better. well at least at this rate we can get them done with and i won't have to hear about it anymore.

more of this garbage. why don't they wait 2 or 3 years between each release to really milk them for all they're worth in marketing? they are really blowing their wads too early. they should consult George Lucas and plan this out better. well at least at this rate we can get them done with and i won't have to hear about it anymore.
I don't know. Unlike Star Wars, I'm not sure that these have a lot of staying power. If the producers wait, people may move on to the next thing. I think it's probably best to crank these out before the tweeny-boppers already hooked on them turn 14 or whatever and no longer care about them.

I saw the first movie. That was more than enough for me.

I will probably watch them all at some point. I have only seen Twilight so far. It wasn't terrible for what it was. I did laugh pretty hard at all the weird faces Edward was making when he first met Bella.:lol:lol:lol

I will probably watch them all at some point. I have only seen Twilight so far. It wasn't terrible for what it was. I did laugh pretty hard at all the weird faces Edward was making when he first met Bella.:lol:lol:lol

Wasn't a fan of Twilight...New Moon was at least tolerable. Eclipse looks marginally better than New Moon.

Kristen/Bella is a terrible terrible actress. That is all I have to say.

My wife got the first one from Netflix a few months back... We turned it off after a half hour. Kinda surprised me just how bad it was.... Not that I was expecting the Godfather, theatrically speaking, but I figured the premise would be stronger making the film entertaining at the very least. Usually when something crosses the line from popular to cultural phenomenon there's some kind of redeeming qualities at play.... this was just ____.

Wasn't a fan of Twilight...New Moon was at least tolerable. Eclipse looks marginally better than New Moon.

I've read the books, seen the first movie, but probably won't be seeing the rest. The stories are pretty good, but the writing is atrocious. Eclipse and the last one (can't remember the name - :lol) are MUCH better than the first 2, story/background wise.

breaking yawn... er, dawn.
:rolleyes:

Stupid Bella Swan is pathetic character with no other motivations other than to exist for some douchey sparkling vamp. Maybe if we all eat more bran fiber we can grunt these last 2 films out of the cineplexes, and SDCC, as quickly as possible.

They don't have a choice. The cast is getting older and I think the entire saga is during the main character's teen years. I'll ask my GF later because she loves the books, but hates the movies.

Kristen/Bella is a terrible terrible actress. That is all I have to say.

:lecture This is why I can't stomach any of the movies. That, and the sparkling vampire thing. :duh

well..it is about creatures that don't age, so you gotta make them while the actors look the same I guess

I don't find Kristen Bell to be a bad actress, I think her performance in the films suffer because of the material. There is only so much an actor/actress can do with bad lines, and the Twilight films are overflowing with them.

Even fans of the books/films can admit (well, not all of them) that a lot of the dialogue is unoriginal and cliched. For instance, the trailer for the newest one. Go through and watch it if you haven't. Just that 2 minutes is full of them.

But back to Kristen Bell. I don't know if you've seen Adventureland but I really enjoyed that movie and she was very good in it. Her role in the new movie The Runaways is apparently quite good also. I'm not saying she's the next Meryl Streep, but she certainly has more acting gravitas than her counterpart Mr. Patinson.

I don't find Kristen Bell to be a bad actress, I think her performance in the films suffer because of the material. There is only so much an actor/actress can do with bad lines, and the Twilight films are overflowing with them.

Even fans of the books/films can admit (well, not all of them) that a lot of the dialogue is unoriginal and cliched. For instance, the trailer for the newest one. Go through and watch it if you haven't. Just that 2 minutes is full of them.

But back to Kristen Bell. I don't know if you've seen Adventureland but I really enjoyed that movie and she was very good in it. Her role in the new movie The Runaways is apparently quite good also. I'm not saying she's the next Meryl Streep, but she certainly has more acting gravitas than her counterpart Mr. Patinson.

kristen-bell-heroes-1.jpg
= Kristen Bell

I think you mean Kristen Stewart. I also think she is somewhat underrated, in that she plays a really shy, uncomfortable girl very well. But as a person she seems somewhat aloof and a bit, um, dumb. That said Adventureland is a great film.

man this movie doesnt look as good as the second one, infact this looks stupid, whats with bella always biting her lip all the time is that necessary.

I could never get myself to read the books, Meyer's writing is criminal, even though it seems like every woman in my life is head over heels for them my wife included. I did though like the first movie good enough, thought it was well shot and that the performance of Pattinson made Edward likable whereas I was expecting much more of a *********. I think Kristen Stewart is beyond overrated but she seems to fill the part well from what I understand of the books. I saw Breaking Dawn, though it wasn't a bad extension of the first film, felt a lot like it but Hardwicke's touch was definitely missing and again expecting the worst I was surprised.

According to my wife Eclipse is supposed to be a really good knock down bloody battle so I'm optimistic that the trailers and commercials will play up the romantic angle and hide the fighting which will fill nicely.

I'm interested to see how they finish off knowing what I know about the last one (the name escapes me) especially considering that its the one that everyone seems to like the most.

I'm taking my niece to see it, and I don't have any of the irritation that I had before taking her to New Moon. The basic elements of the drama are solid, and I like the atmosphere (normally, I hate the weather in the Northwest). I want to see what happens next.

Back