Just Recieved my Western Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
urbanfreddy said:
Thanks pixletwin, i'm just a little upset about the broken flames, I sent an e-mail to sideshow about the base.:monkey2

Meh, no worries there. I am sure Sideshow will come through for ya. Even broke, he looks awesome.

just got mine today, broken in five places...im pretty upset. i paid a nice amount to get this and its all busted up. on statueforum they have a poll with who got a damaged old west gr. ..80% of them did. thats piss poor qc on ss part. any one hear back from customer service...this is unreal how some many pieces can be broken....i got both exclusives and neither of my styros would close tight or even come close(about an inch apart), ss needs to spend some extra time engineering their shipping practices or im gonna cut back big time.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Seems like Sideshow couldn't ship a statue in one piece to save their lives lately.

for real..ive been hearing alot of problems...should i send in my resume ?lol

Sideshow's quality control in general seems to have taken a nose dive. Erratic paint apps., broken statues, even the once great customer service is a bit dodgy these days. I hope they get themselves sorted out soon.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Has anyone recieved one non broken?.. Mine is all jacked up.. Not cool.. Still waiting to hear back from SS.. been a week..

Both of my GR's arrived in great shape.

I think it's funny everyone likes to cry foul play on SS, when they're not responsible for how the boxes are handled during transit.:rolleyes:

Spliff said:
Both of my GR's arrived in great shape.

I think it's funny everyone likes to cry foul play on SS, when they're not responsible for how the boxes are handled during transit.:rolleyes:
To be fair, it should be taken into account when designing the inner packaging that these boxes are going to take a beating when shipped.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Sideshow's quality control in general seems to have taken a nose dive. Erratic paint apps., broken statues, even the once great customer service is a bit dodgy these days. I hope they get themselves sorted out soon.

agreed, it hasn't been getting any better either.

Spliff said:
When majority of people are getting damaged items, something tells me it goes a little further than just how the package is handled during shipping. Maybe oh say poor package engineering?? I guess the mail carriers should be to blame for that one then ;)

Bannister said:
To be fair, it should be taken into account when designing the inner packaging that these boxes are going to take a beating when shipped.
You're talking about fair, but want to accuse Sideshow of not doing their best to make sure statues are as safe as possible? I suppose then, even though Old West GR is the same scale as Modern, his box is alot bigger because they DIDN'T take into account that the box would get handled rough in transit. You're right. ;)
nash said:
When majority of people are getting damaged items, something tells me it goes a little further than just how the package is handled during shipping. Maybe oh say poor package engineering?? I guess the mail carriers should be to blame for that one then ;)
When did a few people on an online message board become the majority?

Bottom line is, you people want to blame SS all you want, but no matter how good you pack it if that thing is nudged/shoved/pushed/dropped with just the right amount of force, it's going to break, bottom line.

Back