Just how do eBay sellers acquire then sell NEW loose stand-alone HT Alien/Pred parts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky

Super Freak
Reaction score
All the time on eBay there are sellers listing new and loose stand-alone parts to Hot Toys USCM and preds whether they be body parts or weapons and accessories. Just how do they come to acquire these parts?

I was under the impression that HT distribute only complete figure packages and would keep any spare parts for themselves for reported breakages? There's stuff on there that I want now but it's HELLA expensive.

Last edited:
But even sites like Monkey Depot are selling accessories on their own?? Is there not some kinda wholesale distribution regulation that states that retailers arent allowed to do this?

Think as the other guys said they just buy a load of figures part them, and sell parts seperate

this gave me an idea...

ht should do this. dig up their old molds and start parting out their older figures.
they could get their cut from the after market and they wouldn't even need to spend on packaging/marketing/etc.
just have a catalog on their website and sell the parts as ordered.
they'd make a mint from all of the older parts that break/wear out and from all the customizers and what's left of the people who just missed out on the older stuff.
it's fool-proof!

this gave me an idea...

ht should do this. dig up their old molds and start parting out their older figures.
they could get their cut from the after market and they wouldn't even need to spend on packaging/marketing/etc.
just have a catalog on their website and sell the parts as ordered.
they'd make a mint from all of the older parts that break/wear out and from all the customizers and what's left of the people who just missed out on the older stuff.
it's fool-proof!

I'd be down for that idea. I need a Celtic net launcher gauntlet. Hell, it'd make it easier for me to start building custom Preds.

hahaha! goddamn asian sellers... at least he's making an attempt to be honest about it.
I emailed his and asked him why he was charging the same amount when they were replicas. He replied some pigeon-English response: "that why not easy to find ,can you find other replica one ?? cheers".

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed his Asian-seller ass and asked him why he was charging the same amount when they were replicas. He replied some pigeon-English response: "that why not easy to find ,can you find other replica one ?? cheers".
pfft! typical.
could be worse. at least he bothered to mention it's a knockoff instead of trying to be sneaky about it.

Parting out figures is typical for most 1/6 dealers. They can sometimes make more selling the parts rather than selling the whole figure.

I see Hick's armour, BDUs, head and some accessories on eBay right now. Should be interesting considering he's such a rare expensive fig.

All the time on eBay there are sellers listing new and loose stand-alone parts to Hot Toys USCM and preds whether they be body parts or weapons and accessories. Just how do they come to acquire these parts?

I was under the impression that HT distribute only complete figure packages and would keep any spare parts for themselves for reported breakages? There's stuff on there that I want now but it's HELLA expensive.
I bought a BDP2 exclusive BD helmet like the one the SS exclusive BDP2 came with from an Asian seller, it was broken in 2 places & looked like a re-cast made from resin. It didn't have that plastic flexability so I'm guessing that's why it broke during shipping. Does anyone know if the one that came with the SS ex BDP2 is plastic or is it resin? :confused:

Games Workshop used to do this in England with their miniatures. They had catalogs with each part listed and you could buy what you needed for conversions and such. For instance if you wanted to create a winged minotaur, you could buy some wings from one of their dragon figs. It was a really great system.

I'm not sure if Games Workshop still does this, but it would be awesome if the 1/6 manufacturers would do the same!

Just think however, how much rarer our Preds are due to parting out. That makes the number of complete preds in circulation even less.

Also I agree, HT would do very well with making extra parts from their old molds

yes, definitely annoying. i love how it says "don't expect high quality"

I especially love how he then has the brass to ask $39 for a recast that he himself admits is poor quality. Hell, the last time I was bidding on an original, it sold for less than half that!

Games Workshop used to do this in England with their miniatures. They had catalogs with each part listed and you could buy what you needed for conversions and such. For instance if you wanted to create a winged minotaur, you could buy some wings from one of their dragon figs. It was a really great system.

I'm not sure if Games Workshop still does this, but it would be awesome if the 1/6 manufacturers would do the same!

GW dropped the service because it was a massive headache for them - trying to find the exact moulds, which were generally for LOTS of components, then producing lots of items that weren't needed etc... basically, while a 'bitz' service is great for hobbyists, it's a nightmare to run. I suspect HT would simply reason they would get more return on their efforts by doing straight rereleases.

Back